Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, because he hasn't contributed much in that time where as Lloris has.
Its your opinion though and you are totally entitled to it.
COYS
Ok, you said - Lloris has been with us for 10 years, he deserves legendary status surely? - now you've changed your mind on that.

So, what exactly has Hugo done that warrants legend status?

I wonder if Hugo will travel?
I am not a big fan and won't be sad to see him go but at the same time he is still club captain and it would be a big snub if he was left behind.

I wonder if Hugo will travel?
I am not a big fan and won't be sad to see him go but at the same time he is still club captain and it would be a big snub if he was left behind.
My reading is that Hugo & Levy have agreed that he will find a new club this summer. Whether there's a small fee depends on who he signs with.

I think he will stay rather than go on the pre-season tour, so if a deal is sorted, he's around for the medical with his new club and can begin the next part of his career. I don't think not taking him would be a snub. For me, it's the pragmatic approach.

Far better for Whiteman & Austin to get some minutes as Ange & the coaches assess their level, and who will be our #3 keeper this season.

For anyone who chooses to ignore his drink driving or hand wave it so they can still call him a "legend" let alone judge other supporters for disliking him and not giving him legend status; I really hope you never have to go through losing a loved one because of some degenerate piece of shit that decided to get behind the wheel of a car intoxicated.

I doubt very much if you did you would ever consider that individual a "legend" of anything.

It shows the absolute immaturity of some posters on here that they are willing to ignore such a thing and try and separate the footballer from the man.

I couldn't care less what he has or hasn't done for the club on or off the pitch because the moment he decided to get behind the wheel of a car drunk all the other shit becomes irrelevant to me and I would argue, to anybody who has any form of integrity and logic.

Gazza not a legend then? Van der Vaart? Ledley King?

All did stupid stuff off the pitch at least once, does that take away from their legend status as players?

There’s stupid stuff and stupid stuff

What Hugo did was unforgivable and he was lucky that he didn’t kill anyone or do you condone drunken driving?

For anyone who chooses to ignore his drink driving or hand wave it so they can still call him a "legend" let alone judge other supporters for disliking him and not giving him legend status; I really hope you never have to go through losing a loved one because of some degenerate piece of shit that decided to get behind the wheel of a car intoxicated.

I doubt very much if you did you would ever consider that individual a "legend" of anything.

It shows the absolute immaturity of some posters on here that they are willing to ignore such a thing and try and separate the footballer from the man.

I couldn't care less what he has or hasn't done for the club on or off the pitch because the moment he decided to get behind the wheel of a car drunk all the other shit becomes irrelevant to me and I would argue, to anybody who has any form of integrity and logic.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

There’s stupid stuff and stupid stuff

What Hugo did was unforgivable and he was lucky that he didn’t kill anyone or do you condone drunken driving?

People are allowed to make mistakes

You're acting as if you've never made one in your life as you sit their shining your halo in your Ivory tower.

You're acting as if you've never made one in your life as you sit their shining your halo in your Ivory tower.

I think Lloris has been great for us and rate his time with us highly.

However, it is totally understandable that the drink driving incident has coloured some peoples views of him - it is a disgusting thing to do.

That said, I'm glad we had him at his prime, and wish him all the best for wherever he goes.

Why are you so confrontational?

Take a chill pill

That wasn’t a mistake
Taking a wrong exit from a roundabout is a mistake
We’ve all done it

Getting in to the driver’s seat of a car pissed and deciding to drive on a public road is a deliberate act

Most people can tell the difference……

Unless you’re also a drunk driver????

I think Lloris has been great for us and rate his time with us highly.

However, it is totally understandable that the drink driving incident has coloured some peoples views of him - it is a disgusting thing to do.

That said, I'm glad we had him at his prime, and wish him all the best for wherever he goes.

Of course it's stupid but the discussion is does it takeaway from his legend status especially when we've had other players who have done stupid stuff off the pitch...point is what does his off the pitch demeanors have to do with what happens on the pitch?

It's such a stupid argument, it's like saying that Maradona wasn't a legend because of the way he lived his life and got banned for testing positive (I'm not comparing Lloris to Maradona before anyone chimes in) but again the point, on field antics is where players should be judged not what happens in their private lives.

Last edited:
Why are you so confrontational?

Take a chill pill

That wasn’t a mistake
Taking a wrong exit from a roundabout is a mistake
We’ve all done it

Getting in to the driver’s seat of a car pissed and deciding to drive on a public road is a deliberate act

Most people can tell the difference……

Unless you’re also a drunk driver????

How is that confrontational, you need to chill out. :confused:

Of course it's stupid but the discussion is does it takeaway from his legend status especially when we've had other players who have done stupid stuff off the pitch...point is what does his off the pitch demeanors have to do with what happens on the pitch?

It's such a stupid argument, it's like saying that Maradona wasn't a legend because of the way he lived his life and got banned for testing positive (I'm not comparing Lloris to Maradona before anyone chimes in) but again the point, on field antics is where players should be judged not what happens in their private lives.
So if a footballer rapes a woman off the pitch in his private life should we still only judge him based on his on field antics?

Drink driving ruins innocent peoples lives, just like rape.

Yep drink driving and rape are definitely the same, well done.
Both ruin innocent peoples lives, you clearly can't grasp what impact drink driving has on people and the chain reaction it causes when it takes an innocents life, explain to me what impact rape also has on a person?

Oh, that's right, life long trauma of innocent people.

The only difference is, it happens in every instance with rape but with drink driving sometimes the sub human scum that partake in it get away consequence free.

"Oh but Lloris didn't harm anyone so it's not the same" but he made a conscious choice to do something incredibly dangerous and illegal and put peoples lives at risk for his own selfish reasons, he was literally puking all over his vehicle for fuck sake.

I made a bet with my wife that you would say EXACTLY what you just said because you're more interested in arguing than making a valid logical point Shady.

If you want to die on this hill for him and his "legend" status and to just argue with people you disagree with then be my guest but it makes you look like an apologist imo.

Both ruin innocent peoples lives, you clearly can't grasp what impact drink driving has on people and the chain reaction it causes when it takes an innocents life, explain to me what impact rape also has on a person?

Oh, that's right, life long trauma of innocent people.

The only difference is, it happens in every instance with rape but with drink driving sometimes the sub human scum that partake in it get away consequence free.

"Oh but Lloris didn't harm anyone so it's not the same" but he made a conscious choice to do something incredibly dangerous and illegal and put peoples lives at risk for his own selfish reasons, he was literally puking all over his vehicle for fuck sake.

I made a bet with my wife that you would say EXACTLY what you just said because you're more interested in arguing than making a valid logical point Shady.

If you want to die on this hill for him and his "legend" status and to just argue with people you disagree with then be my guest but it makes you look like an apologist imo.

Yet as far as I can see Hugo didn't ruin anyone's life apart from his own, if he hit someone or killed someone then you have more than a point, he fucked up but quit the OTT false equivalence, you're being far too dramatic.

Back
Top Bottom