Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the most mind-blowing interviews I have ever seen following this football club from him tonight. Holy fuck. I have an unbelievable amount of respect for Hugo and tonight he made me 1000x that respect.

One of the most mind-blowing interviews I have ever seen following this football club from him tonight. Holy fuck. I have an unbelievable amount of respect for Hugo and tonight he made me 1000x that respect.
Fair play to him, he's the captain and at least he didn't come out with the usual bullshit cliches.

It's still a pretty rare thing in football for that level of honesty so it will be interesting to see what happens. I suspect he's got an eye on a summer move so feels like he can now talk a bit more freely than he would otherwise.

I hope his comments are picked up by the media and questions asked about all levels of the club.

But he is also the captain. If the team lacks togetherness, shouldn't he be held accountable for that? If the players aren't fully committed, shouldn't he, as part of the leadership, be part of the solution?.

I actually see him and Kane as poor captains and being significant part of the problem.

One can contrast lloris and Kane to Ramos at Madrid or Keane at United. Madrid are a different team mentally when Ramoa is on the pitch.

Reguilon, Moura, Lamela and PEH are probably the only ones that exhibit the kind of mentality that I think is needed to be winners

Hugo basically called out the reserve players, the guys who are not starting in the PL are showing a feeble attitude. Dier, Sissoko, Winks and others played like they felt they were too good to be involved in a fixture like this. They showed exactly why they are no longer in the first XI.

Too many players in this squad are arrogant, they think they are better than they are just because they have some international caps and have played in a a few cup semi finals. They think the Europa League is beneath them. Well they are wrong, they just showed the world that they are not good enough for the Europa League.

The gradual decline in the talent level of our squad has exposed just how weak some of our players are, both mentally and technically. There is no Dembele or Eriksen for the lesser midfielders to lean on, nobody to mask their flaws. You give players like Dier, Winks and Sissoko big responsibility in a game like this and they can’t handle it.

Yesterday’s game should end the Tottenham career of several players, with only league matches and a cup final to play it will be easy to banish some of them. Yesterday has the same stench as the 1-5 against Newcastle when Poch was in charge. Complacent, arrogant, and a basic lack of quality when big players are not in the XI.

Last edited:
"To behave as a team is the most difficult thing in football, whatever is the decision of the manager you have to follow the way of the team. If you follow the team only when you are in the starting XI that causes big problems for the team because you pay on one moment, and you're going to pay in your season, and today is the consequence of that.

"We had a great moment in the past because we could trust the togetherness that was in the team. Today, I don't know, I'm not sure about that."

Confirmed Dier, Winks, Sissoko, etc are doing what we all feared

"To behave as a team is the most difficult thing in football, whatever is the decision of the manager you have to follow the way of the team. If you follow the team only when you are in the starting XI that causes big problems for the team because you pay on one moment, and you're going to pay in your season, and today is the consequence of that.

"We had a great moment in the past because we could trust the togetherness that was in the team. Today, I don't know, I'm not sure about that."

Confirmed Dier, Winks, Sissoko, etc are doing what we all feared
It's a devastating set of comments from Hugo really.

When he said: "at the end it is about this (points to the badge) ... we have to respect the badge" I just wanted to give him a hug.

Very clear some of them don't have the right attitude to help us win things. Hugo was exactly right.
But what has Hugo done as a captain to rectify things. The players he was indicting have been at the club for several seasons.

He shouldn't get absolved of responsibility cos with proper leadership, it should have been fixed in the locker room and things shouldn't have gotten to the point that he is expressing such to the media.

That's the best most Frank honest interview since the Sherwood one. This went rotten under poch and levy as per got it wrong with his decisions as he often does. Thanks for the honesty hugo it's what we all want to hear the truth.

But what has Hugo done as a captain to rectify things. The players he was indicting have been at the club for several seasons.

He shouldn't get absolved of responsibility cos with proper leadership, it should have been fixed in the locker room and things shouldn't have gotten to the point that he is expressing such to the media.
He's the Captain mate, not the manager.

What we've just heard is one of the most powerful post-match interviews that I think I've ever heard. He was articulate and chose his words well. He also showed one thing about his character and why he's captain, and that he is on board with his manager (you all know that I think the manager is a washed-up old fart). This is a true professional speaking, we suspect that Kane is also onboard given what has been said about his relationship with Mourinho. He believes in Jose just as he believed in Poch. Lloris has carried out almost to the letter what Mourinho has asked of him, even down to fighting with his own players (Son) over lack of work rate etc....

The issue within the team is built and fostered by the manager. This manger is responsible for how he wants his players to behave, if he can only manage this from 11 players then he's fucked, Spurs are fucked, he should then be fired and replaced with a manager that can get the buy-in of more than just 11 players.

This interview demonstrates why Lloris is Captain and why I love this man.

Hugo basically called out the reserve players, the guys who are not starting in the PL are showing a feeble attitude. Dier, Sissoko, Winks and others played like they felt they were too good to be involved in a fixture like this. They showed exactly why they are no longer in the first XI.

Too many players in this squad are arrogant, they think they are better than they are just because they have some international caps and have played in a a few cup semi finals. They think the Europa League is beneath them. Well they are wrong, they just showed the world that they are not good enough for the Europa League.

The gradual decline in the talent level of our squad has exposed just how weak some of our players are, both mentally and technically. There is no Dembele or Eriksen for the lesser midfielders to lean on, nobody to mask their flaws. You give players like Dier, Winks and Sissoko big responsibility in a game like this and they can’t handle it.

Yesterday’s game should end the Tottenham career of several players, with only league matches and a cup final to play it will be easy to banish some of them. Yesterday has the same stench as the 1-5 against Newcastle when Poch was in charge. Complacent, arrogant, and a basic lack of quality when big players are not in the XI.
It really should. We are more or less back to where we were when Poch took over. When the Kaboul and Capoue led kliq stopped performing whenever they weren't featured. A lazy, rotten core that care more about their private lifestyles than the club. There were similar comments made by Trippier when he got sold so the problem predates Jose, but his management style has probably brought it more to the forefront.

Jose deserves blame, as do the players and Levy. It's a complex problem that has been allowed to fester for too long for various reasons. This is no longer just about sacking Jose, we also need to clear out the rotten core. Or else the new manager will suffer from the same problems.

Jose is at fault for having a rough man management style that doesn't suit easily bruised egos.

The players Hugo are calling out are at fault for being divas that care more for themselves than the club and refusing to adapt.

Levy is at fault for allowing the situation to simmer for as long as it has.

Get rid of Jose, get rid of the players, and get a DOF in to act as a buffer between Levy and the football side. It's not going to solve it over night but it would allow us to start rebuilding.

It really should. We are more or less back to where we were when Poch took over. When the Kaboul and Capoue led kliq stopped performing whenever they weren't featured. A lazy, rotten core that care more about their private lifestyles than the club. There were similar comments made by Trippier when he got sold so the problem predates Jose, but his management style has probably brought it more to the forefront.

Jose deserves blame, as do the players and Levy. It's a complex problem that has been allowed to fester for too long for various reasons. This is no longer just about sacking Jose, we also need to clear out the rotten core. Or else the new manager will suffer from the same problems.

Jose is at fault for having a rough man management style that doesn't suit easily bruised egos.

The players Hugo are calling out are at fault for being divas that care more for themselves than the club and refusing to adapt.

Levy is at fault for allowing the situation to simmer for as long as it has.

Get rid of Jose, get rid of the players, and get a DOF in to act as a buffer between Levy and the football side. It's not going to solve it over night but it would allow us to start rebuilding.
This is a permanent state at all clubs, it's not a Spurs thing, it's a football thing.

The first team environment is about producing aggressive, ambitious, competitive individuals and bringing them all together to compete amongst each other for their place in the team. They are then supposed to do this whilst executing skill on the ball in front of millions, whilst getting racially abused or slaged off by thousands of fans for miss-placing a ball. Whilst also being #together with those that he is competing with.

A good manager has the majority of his squad on board, those that aren't are used as ammunition/an example for those against the regime, an example of what is or isn't required. Good managers get this balance right, good managers have the majority of the team pulling in the direction he wants them to travel. Elite managers achieve this whilst playing well and winning most of their games.

Poor managers are those that are not able to achieve this. Poor managers are those who create this. Poor managers are those that don't win football matches and/or don't have their team play or compete well.

Our manager is the epitome of a poor manager.

Back
Top Bottom