If Kane goes to City is he still a Tottenham Legend?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kane a Spurs legend even if he leaves?

• Legend

• Not a Legend

Results are only viewable after voting.
They really are up themselves, aren't they?

Why?

They just won the PL, have seen Aguero leave and never see Kane do a number on them.

I bet if you saw the same poll for Mbappe or Haaland those numbers would be different.

I accept that's perception but we see Kane unlike other fans somewhat obviously.

Why?

They just won the PL, have seen Aguero leave and never see Kane do a number on them.

I bet if you saw the same poll for Mbappe or Haaland those numbers would be different.

I accept that's perception but we see Kane unlike other fans somewhat obviously.
You ask me why.
Simply because he is the current golden boot winner, he's won it 3 times in the past 6 years and would undoubtedly have won it more, but for injury. And he's done this in arguably the toughest league in the world. To say nothing of his assists and defensive work. He is one of the world's best footballers and would be a great asset to any team - including City. Do I really need to tell you all this?

He would still be a legend for me. It would be a real shame that he wouldn't break Greaves' record but that is for him to decide. I think expecting players to stay at their clubs forever is not even close to realistic. How would we sign anyone ourselves?

He would still be a legend for me. It would be a real shame that he wouldn't break Greaves' record but that is for him to decide. I think expecting players to stay at their clubs forever is not even close to realistic. How would we sign anyone ourselves?
At least we're not as much of a 'selling club' as we have been.

No way am I calling Kane a legend. Absolutely no chance if he leaves and goes on to gain success elsewhere.

I am flabbergasted at posters.

He could potentially score winning goals against us in finals, potentially score a goal that sent us down and yet Spurs fans would call him a legend.

Fcuk that sh!t.

One of our best yes.

Legend if he goes anytime soon. You got to be kidding.

As someone rightly said Bill Nicholson..

Gary Mabbutt because he could have gone and didn't and gave everything of his best possibly.

The sheer fact that latterly he clearly has been giving less than 100% commitment to the badge should be enough to discount him.

Last edited:
Does it make a difference if he signs for New York, then goes on loan to City to score against us?

Same as Bale.

Will be remembered as somebody who outgrew the club and went on to better things.

Let's just hope that they don't photoshop a photo of him as a kid wearing a Man City shirt and him professing that its his 'dream move' to his boyhood club - just as Bale did with Madrid. 🤮
Man City weren't founded until 2008 so time travel would have been required.

No way am I calling Kane a legend. Absolutely no chance if he leaves and goes on to gain success elsewhere.

I am flabbergasted at posters.

He could potentially score winning goals against us in finals, potentially score a goal that sent us down and yet Spurs fans would call him a legend.

Fcuk that sh!t.

One of our best yes.

Legend if he goes anytime soon. You got to be kidding.

As someone rightly said Bill Nicholson..

Gary Mabbutt because he could have gone and didn't and gave everything of his best possibly.

The sheer fact that latterly he clearly has been giving less than 100% commitment to the badge should be enough to discount him.
You are talking about players from 20 or even 50 years ago.

Things are way different in the last 2 decades. Unless we somewhere reach the man United/RM/Barca echelon, we won’t have a world class player stay with us for 10+ seasons. We might have very good players like Vertonghen, but not one like Kane.

Going by your standards, we will never have another legend again.

You are talking about players from 20 or even 50 years ago.

Things are way different in the last 2 decades. Unless we somewhere reach the man United/RM/Barca echelon, we won’t have a world class player stay with us for 10+ seasons. We might have very good players like Vertonghen, but not one like Kane.

Going by your standards, we will never have another legend again.

I’d say never say never.

Part of me hopes that if he does go to City, that they clean up domestically season upon season. Let them be the PSG (this season notwithstanding) of the Premier League. Why would I wish for such self-destruction? Because only once the illusion that the PL is competitive and unpredictable has been exposed for what it is, only once the vast sums of money generated by TV and sponsorship starts finding its way to other, possibly more exciting leagues, will the problem - financial doping - be properly addressed.

If and when that happens, there is no reason why Spurs couldn’t become a top club. But right now it’s futile trying to compete against a club that can always outspend its rivals without consequence.

I really don’t know if any of our players can leave respectfully.

I wish this was possible for Kane but if he really wants to leave, Levy will make it as acrimonious as possible by playing his usual transfer policy of brinksmanship.

And if Kane’s departure turns ugly, I won’t hold that against him because it won’t be entirely his fault with Levy involved.
It’s Levy’s responsibility to do that. Levy hasn’t jumped ship after 20 years and wouldn’t be doing his job properly if he didn’t fuck up any team trying to buy our players (it would, however, be nice if he spent the expected fee first - see 2013).

If Levy just bent over and took the first offer it’s be absurd: no top team (or even mid-table - see Southampton and Van Dijk) do that.

I’d say never say never.

Part of me hopes that if he does go to City, that they clean up domestically season upon season. Let them be the PSG (this season notwithstanding) of the Premier League. Why would I wish for such self-destruction? Because only once the illusion that the PL is competitive and unpredictable has been exposed for what it is, only once the vast sums of money generated by TV and sponsorship starts finding its way to other, possibly more exciting leagues, will the problem - financial doping - be properly addressed.

If and when that happens, there is no reason why Spurs couldn’t become a top club. But right now it’s futile trying to compete against a club that can always outspend its rivals without consequence.
If he does go to City, I want him to go full Chelsea-Torres. End of: he’s leaked some shit to the media in some way - proper legends put the club first.

Yeah find that really weird, he only stayed because of the death threats if I recall. I wouldn't give two shits about him if I was a scally.

He did win stuff though, so there is that.
He also dragged them nearly to the title afterward so it was obviously settled.

I guess the same as Keane, Sheringham and Bale coming back - it’s like they’re back where they belong (sort of). You forgive a lot as a fan.

Back
Top Bottom