Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come off it mate. He said it in 2016 so spending window should surely be something like 12-16? Not the 16-18 when we spent literally 0..

Not sure what you mean about 12-16.....

What I meant was our fabled 5yrs exactly straddles 2016.... We were spending roughly the same between 14-16 as we were 16-19 (when levy made those statements).....

Discounting this last 12 months; we brought in 22 players (iirc) with a negligible net spend across that period.... Any fluctuation over that period is pretty negligible.

But.....

I am not saying you are wrong about anything else. Just this one thing: you claimed he never said it would affect spending. He CLEARLY did as I quoted you two separate occasions (16 and 19). Just admit it please.

I thought I just did.... But yeh, i got that wrong.

Not trying to snake out of anything.

And you are taking the piss out of them for that ? I’m happy to rip into Woolwich any day of the week, but ripping into them winning the Fa cup is ridiculous mate. They have completely torpedoed over our 8 time’s Fa cup record we once proudly held because they win the bloody thing so much in recent times. It’s sickening that despite being better than Woolwich, they always seem to have one over on us. We can say “well we finished above you “, they can come right back at us with “we won a trophy”, it’s sickening it really is.
I wasnt aware I was ripping the piss out of them or anyone else

That 2017 semi against Chelsea was sickening, thought we had them and I can't believe how we managed to lose after Dele equalsied, I was sure we had the momentum to go on and win the game.
Strangely that game for me was far more painful than the CL final defeat.
Honestly after we lost that semi against Chelsea it felt like we were never going to win anything again.

Strangely that game for me was far more painful than the CL final defeat.
Honestly after we lost that semi against Chelsea it felt like we were never going to win anything again.

It was worse, we were at our best and we were the better team for most of the game and even the players thought we were on the way to the final. Everyone was devastated with the result.

I still can't get my head around how we lost
Although Poch playing Son at left back against a peak Eden Hazard probably didn't help...

Son was a crazy selection, but it wasn't against Hazard... He didn't even start. They had Willian on that flank with Moses as LWB.

That 2017 semi against Chelsea was sickening, thought we had them and I can't believe how we managed to lose after Dele equalsied, I was sure we had the momentum to go on and win the game.

One really bad habit that team had was to concede a goal out of nothing, completely against the run of play and the flow of the game, when we seemed completely in control. The FA Cup semi final against Chavs in 2017 and the 2nd leg against Juventus in 2018 two classic cases in point in big knock out games.

Again that’s a by-product of not having a winning mentality. Coach and a group of players who’d never won anything.

Prices have risen dramatically since 2016 most clubs have broken their transfer record over the last few years. Just happened that was the summer we sold Walker for £50m. Oh and Its not difficult to find a quote from Levy saying the stadium build would not affect transfer budget.
Walker is not here now so it’s irrelevant
You are only concerned in the here and now.

The Woolwich team(s) from 2006-2013 were much better than the 2013-2020 teams and got to a CL final including being in multiple competitive league campaigns and a league cup final yet ultimately won nothing in that time yet the lower quality teams from 2013-2020 have won 4 FA Cups.....maybe it's something we can do also, as in maybe we won't be as exciting or outright good at our best in the next few years but maybe we can finally bag a trophy.

12 years FFS, when you think about it the sad reality hits that's we're not a serious club.....we don't even get anything about trophy droughts from the media as the last 25 years has been awful and we're not even taken seriously by them.
This. In a way, I'd rather we are routinely mocked...shows we're regarded as a big club but we're ignored. We're just a slightly better Everton, Newcastle etc

Look at it from a player point of view rather than a fan point of view.
Do you think winning the FA Cup is going to make PEA turn down an offer from an Elite club in Europe?
Do you think high class players abroad will look at Woolwich as an attractive proposition to go to? Lets mirror it in another league, if you're a hot prospect, would you join Getafe on the basis they won the Copa Del Rey? (they're 8th in La Liga)

Since football became such a global business, domestic cups have become less and less recognized around the world.
Years ago, no one gave a shit about the World Club Cup or the Super Cup final. Now they're becoming more important than domestic cups.
Honestly watching the game and the amount of emotion makes you realize how much actually winning a title matters to a player. The same I felt when Lucas scored that last minute goal against Ajax... the glory, the winning, makes a huge difference to players and the team spirit.

What really matters though is being able to offer Europe and not - same for us. The money, and the exposure.

This. In a way, I'd rather we are routinely mocked...shows we're regarded as a big club but we're ignored. We're just a slightly better Everton, Newcastle etc

Newcastle????? ....FFS!!! :mourcheeks:

We have been for the last decade or more..... Because we mattered and were resented for being in the mix and got constantly undermined by the media trying to sell off all our best assets.

We've had a shit season and still finished 6th. Get some perspective.

12 years FFS, when you think about it the sad reality hits that's we're not a serious club.....we don't even get anything about trophy droughts from the media as the last 25 years has been awful and we're not even taken seriously by them.

We do though.

Yeh, Hazard, Costa & Fabrecunt off the bench....

2 world class goals in 5 mins....

That Matic goal left me utterly broken.....
The Matic goal fucked with my head too. Being as neutral as possible both teams could have won with the odd goal in 5 but to lose 4-2 knocked “it” out of our boys. I suspect it harmed us long term

Yep this is not it, we've returned to our pre-poch days as a potential banana skin for better teams rather than actually being one of those better teams.

Eh? Feels like an entirely hollow retort to me.... This is not what?

Perhaps revisit and review this premature sentiment at the end of next season.

We got 7/9 points from teams above us in the last couple of months.

I repeat:

We've had a shit season and [yet] still finished 6th [enough points under Jose to equate to 4th IIRC]. Get some perspective.

Back
Top Bottom