Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
We are not beating United though mate, we have zero threat upfront. We don’t look like scoring in a brothel. Before anyone mentions City, we had Son playing that game. I think we just need to accept we will be in the Europa league next season. I have come to terms that our season has fizzled out and is over.
I'm not expecting to beat United, but stranger things have happened in football. Every game is a game closer to getting Son and Kane back. If we stay in touch we could put a run of 3 or 4 wins together with our key players back at the end of the season. As I say, a big if but still within the realms of possibility.

We played Chelsea twice. On both occasions, if we beat them, we go forth. Instead we managed to get severely outplayed both time.

As much as we slaughter them, Chelsea play decent team football and Bruno has helped improve United massively.

We play United and Sheffield in the next few games, so I can’t count us completely out but its looking pretty bleak.

I think the only thing we need to focus on now is finishing above Woolwich. Can’t end up below those pricks. They’re terrible.

Spurs aren’t going to qualify for the Europa League. Wolves, Man U, Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield Utd and dare I say it Woolwich will all finish above us.

We’ve got our Tottenham back. Mid-table mediocrity it is then...the occasional cameo on the big stage as a big (proper) team pummel us to win a league title or cup semi-final.

Pathetic

That’s a big over reaction, it’s one season

Spurs aren’t going to qualify for the Europa League. Wolves, Man U, Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield Utd and dare I say it Woolwich will all finish above us.

We’ve got our Tottenham back. Mid-table mediocrity it is then...the occasional cameo on the big stage as a big (proper) team pummel us to win a league title or cup semi-final.

Pathetic
Did you flounce away from your keyboard after you typed that or did you stick around to spam the disagree button on my posts? :carrollwtf:

That’s a big over reaction, it’s one season

It’s where we came from and it’s where we will end up. Those that have been fretting, melting, worrying for some time about the direction of the club were doing so because we could all feel the unique opportunity slipping from our grasp. Collectively - ENIC/Levy; Pochettino; the players - put this club back on the map and within touching distance of a trophy/trophies and a dynasty (with the stadium etc). Any combination of those same individuals (plus now Jose) have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and put us back where we came from. It’s not an overreaction to state that.

The biggest issue is that if we fail to make the CL this year, our budget will be very small for the summer and we might have to sell before we make significant signings.

Why are people saying we are done? Beat them at home next Sunday and we are a point behind the favourite for 5th place
Because on form alone it's looking a tough ask. The mood in the two clubs couldn't be further apart after their result against City. Impossible? Never, but it's no better than a punchers chance as it stands.

It’s where we came from and it’s where we will end up. Those that have been fretting, melting, worrying for some time about the direction of the club were doing so because we could all feel the unique opportunity slipping from our grasp. Collectively - ENIC/Levy; Pochettino; the players - put this club back on the map and within touching distance of a trophy/trophies and a dynasty (with the stadium etc). Any combination of those same individuals (plus now Jose) have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and put us back where we came from. It’s not an overreaction to state that.

Granted a lot needs to be done and has done for years but we won’t go back to being a team like we were in the 90s. I just can’t see it. Although obviously the possibility is always there.

Why are people saying we are done? Beat them at home next Sunday and we are a point behind the favourite for 5th place

Because we are not beating them mate. We don’t have the fire power, we have nothing upfront. Our defence are not good enough and they have suddenly got a new lease of life since signing Bruno from Sporting, which goes to show how piss poor most of out signings have been. We are not good enough right now mate, it’s as simple as that. When we beat City, we had Son. We have zero threat upfront, season is over mate.

The biggest issue is that if we fail to make the CL this year, our budget will be very small for the summer and we might have to sell before we make significant signings.

Yet we recruited better when outside the champions league.

Besides there’s a lot of candidates to sell....not so much money to come in from them though I fear.

Because we are not beating them mate. We don’t have the fire power, we have nothing upfront. Our defence are not good enough and they have suddenly got a new lease of life since signing Bruno from Sporting, which goes to show how piss poor most of out signings have been. We are not good enough right now mate, it’s as simple as that. When we beat City, we had Son. We have zero threat upfront, season is over mate.

Not good enough at the moment yes but next weeks game is next weeks game. To be a supporter and to write us off so flippantly before a ball has even been kicked I'll honestly never understand. We are supporters aren't we?

Not good enough at the moment yes but next weeks game is next weeks game. To be a supporter and to write us off so flippantly before a ball has even been kicked I'll honestly never understand. We are supporters aren't we?

Spurs consistently let us down every single season dude, why do you think most of us are pessimistic ? I went to the stadium for the CL final and had a fantastic day, but deep down in my head I knew Spurs would let us down. It only took a 4 min Sissoko handball. It’s just what Spurs do mate. Plus we need to be realistic, we are simply not good enough without Kane / Son and it bloody shows.

It’s not flippancy. So many of us have committed time, money and emotion (& will continue to do so I might add) over the years but even idiots learn and we’ve learnt not to trust our team to deliver

Back
Top Bottom