Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
We have enough young guys- Tanganga, Parrott, Cirkin, Sessegnon, Fernandez plus maybe a few new guys we bring in that I don't mind playing Europa League this year.

Plus it should be a chance for a trophy for us and maybe the easiest way back to the CL with Chelsea and United improving and Liverpool and City (depending on their ban) likely being too far ahead. I wish I had faith that we would make the improvements to our squad to be included in that group but it looks like we will be 5th at best heading into to next season.

Chelsea , United , Wolves , City and Liverpool all play better more effective football than us
How can we compete with those 5 teams , park the bus and hope to win 1-0 or to draw , like cmon.
Style of football gotta improve.

Chelsea , United , Wolves , City and Liverpool all play better more effective football than us
How can we compete with those 5 teams , park the bus and hope to win 1-0 or to draw , like cmon.
Exactly how Wolves play. Media misconception that they are good to watch. They're not , they are boring as hell but effective in their game plan. Hence why they have so few defeats and so many draws.

Last edited:

Wolves???

i know they are the cool team right now but they are so overrated and get by on so much luck. They will not be a factor in top 4 for next season.

Top four is long gone. The chairman is a slap headed wanker and the Europa bollocks will guarantee mediocrity in the league that matters.

Liverpool, Man City, Chelshit are bankers for top four for five years running, and the Wolves are looking fourth best right now.

Daniel is a tosser that’s more interested in American rugby, and American dollars,than he is English Football - someone should poach the smug runt and spare the hollandaise - END OF!

Top four is long gone. The chairman is a slap headed wanker and the Europa bollocks will guarantee mediocrity in the league that matters.

Liverpool, Man City, Chelshit are bankers for top four for five years running, and the Wolves are looking fourth best right now.

Daniel is a tosser that’s more interested in American rugby, and American dollars,than he is English Football - someone should poach the smug runt and spare the hollandaise - END OF!

I’d say United are a shoe in to mate. Fernandes is an unbelievable signing. 1 league cup in over 20 years under Levy and ENIC. People still kiss his bald squeaky ass. Infuriates me.

Looked at our fixtures and evaluated the scores, here's my list, Sheffield Utd Away (1pt) Everton Home (3pts) Bournemouth Away (3pts) Shite Home (1pt, sorry but I see a draw) Newcastle Away (1pt, bogey team) Leicester Home (must win game 3pts) and Palace Away (1pt)
That would give us a total of 58.
Teams around us I also calculated at Man Utd 66pts, Chelsea 66 pts, Leicester 63 pts, Wolves 63 pts, Burnley 56pts, Sheff Utd 54 pts, ArseShite 53 pts (loads of draws coming). Don't see any serious threats below that. So Liverpool, City, Utd,Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves,Spurs,Burnley,Sheff and Arse.
Need to be wrong about how Leicester and Wolves finish and then the Woolwich, Newcastle and Palace games for us and the skies would look a lot sunnier for Europa football next season. Here's hoping.
Be very interested to see how anybody else sees it panning out.

Looked at our fixtures and evaluated the scores, here's my list, Sheffield Utd Away (1pt) Everton Home (3pts) Bournemouth Away (3pts) Shite Home (1pt, sorry but I see a draw) Newcastle Away (1pt, bogey team) Leicester Home (must win game 3pts) and Palace Away (1pt)
Teams around us I also calculated at Man Utd 66pts, Chelsea 66 pts, Leicester 63 pts, Wolves 63 pts, Burnley 56pts, Sheff Utd 54 pts, ArseShite 53 pts (loads of draws coming). Don't see any serious threats below that. So Liverpool, City, Utd,Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves,Spurs,Burnley,Sheff and Arse.
Need to be wrong about how Leicester and Wolves finish and then the Woolwich, Newcastle and Palace games for us and the skies would look a lot sunnier for Europa football next season. Here's hoping.
Yep 7th looks about right now. 5th at best but a very long shot.

MC won league cup and so 6th place gets Europa. If MC banned then 7th place gets Europa. If a team already qualified win FA Cup ( probably all but Woolwich) then 8th could get Europa. I think it is madness not to want to enter a competition we could win. No point moaning about not winning a trophy if we are not in a winnable competition. I agree 7th most likely as all teams above us keep winning.

yeah that looks annoyingly correct.

Think that's any vague lingering hopes of 5th done. Not gonna overhaul Wolves AND Utd.

6th/7th best bet and we don't deserve any higher. We need the EL -gives fringe players games and something we could win with a big carrot at the end of the stick.

Can we just play some better football with the remaining games, some semblance of a team shape forming, and beat Woolwich please !

Not sure if CL is gone. It'll depend on Wolves or Leicester remaining in the top 5.

I can see Leicester falling away. They have tough fixtures. I would like us to overhaul them as a target. If we do that then we will be in with a chance. Most interested to see how Wolves get on. The teams they have played since restart have been poor.

Chelsea and Man Utd will be top 4.

Not sure if CL is gone. It'll depend on Wolves or Leicester remaining in the top 5.

I can see Leicester falling away. They have tough fixtures. I would like us to overhaul them as a target. If we do that then we will be in with a chance. Most interested to see how Wolves get on. The teams they have played since restart have been poor.

Chelsea and Man Utd will be top 4.

Sky would love that.

Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea top four.

Think that's any vague lingering hopes of 5th done. Not gonna overhaul Wolves AND Utd.

6th/7th best bet and we don't deserve any higher. We need the EL -gives fringe players games and something we could win with a big carrot at the end of the stick.

Can we just play some better football with the remaining games, some semblance of a team shape forming, and beat Woolwich please !
I think it will end up being trying to finish above Woolwich as our main hope & excitement for the rest of the season. That is a 50/50 call. They will most likely be above us after playing norwich tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom