Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
No I don't want to be in it, as thing stand. With Chelsea and Man United retooling and, Leicester and Wolves eleven as they are, I don't see us competing at all. I also don't agree that 'we can win it' we clearly have a divergence in our perception of our squad and management. One trophy under ENIC kind of indicates why I feel the way I do. Love optimist but a season of pragmatic building is in my honest opinion the best bet we have. Saturday Wednesday recovery periods the only hope we have of keeping our best eleven fit and taking enough points to return to the top table.
Sadly agree. We haven't got the squad or team to fight for top 4 & win the Europa next season. Lots of Thursday then sunday matches would drain us.
Unless we do what Igula Igula says & plays mainly youth & fringe players in the Europa. Obviously we definately wouldn't win it though. But those players gain experience.

They have had a hard time picking themselves up after a bad result this season, let’s hope this is the start of a bad run for them and an epic run by us.

Am I right in thinking we are 6 points off them if we win tomorrow?

Indeed.

They've still got to play Wolves and Liverpool and Palace away is never easy for them.

They have had a hard time picking themselves up after a bad result this season, let’s hope this is the start of a bad run for them and an epic run by us.

If we win....

Us: 48
LCFC: 55
CFC: 54

Yep

Both results today (Leicester and Chelsea) were crucial. For the obvious reason that they kept us alive - otherwise we´d be hopeless for tomorrow -, but also because they kept Chelsea very close to United and Wolves. Under pressure, teams are more likely to drop points.

Last 6 games in the league. Both teams 8 points.

Last 3 games in the league. They have 1 point we have 5.

Post lockdown?? Nothing, Zero, nada, Nul points for them.
Majestic 4 points for the boys from White Hart Lane. Unbeaten.

They are 100% there for the taking.

COYS

We all know these teams drop points, but does anyone truly believe we have what it takes to take advantage? I just don’t think we are good enough for the CL spot unfortunately. We all the know the inevitable will happen in that we might get close, but somewhere along the line we all know Spurs are going to royally fuck it one way or the other. If we are still in with a shout on the last day, then fair enough it’s free for all, but I highly doubt we are will win our remaining games to even stand a chance.

Has Spurs down as being favourites for the win in 6 of our last 7 games, losing one to Leicester so a total of 18 points added to what we have now would see an overall total of 63 points.

Has Man U down as favourites for 6 wins out of 6 so a further 18 points gives them a 70 point finish.

Has Leicester down as 5 wins from their last 6 so 15 added leaves them with a 70 point finish.

Has Sheffield United down as favourites to lose the rest of their games astonishingly so as things stand on 44 for them.

Wolves with 5 wins in 6 so 15 added is a 67 point finish.

Woolwich to win 2 of their last 6 so 6 points added is a 52 point finish.

Chelsea 5 wins from their last 6 so 15 points on top equals a 69 point finish.

Works out to a prediction of:

3rd Leicester
4th Man U
5th Chelsea
6th Wolves
7th Spurs
8th who cares?

Good thing is the computer had Leicester down to beat us and Woolwich by a fine margin so shave that off of the foxes tally and they come down to 64 and by default we’d gain an extra 3 points sticking us on 66. Only a computer I know but I honestly think Leicester are one big hiccup away from being in a serious panic, especially with them due to face us, Woolwich and Man U as well. Keep your eye on them, especially with Vardy only having 2 goals in his last 10 games.

Honestly speaking I think there’s 1-2 teams ahead of us too many for it to make any difference.

Back
Top Bottom