Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I live in Genova ( Italian name) but club is Genoa football cricket ( Genoa as english name) founded by English people.
There are Genoa fc and Sampdoria uc.
Ferraris stadium ( for both) is very english.
The rivalry is very goliardic.

1200px-Stadio_Luigi_Ferraris_di_Genova.jpg

luigi_ferraris_genova-2.jpg

Best CB in the World (used to love Maldini too) but Berasi was not only an icon for Milan, Italy but he became an icon of the game. I was a CB when young and my school kit was the same as Milan, no guesses for who I used to pretend to be.

Back in the 90s I probably knew more about Italian football than the English game. Gazetter Italia on a Saturday followed by a live game on the Sunday. 1990 World Cup is the one I have the best memories of. I loved Paolo Maldini but I have to admit to liking Juventus the most, favourite players Roberto Baggio (the Divine Ponytail) and Alessandro del Piero. Would have gone to Turin if I could have got myself a ticket.
I love Italian food and all the places I have visited have been thoroughly enjoyable.

Looks like the next super feud is AC Milan vs the country of Turkey.

Milan is running the risk of getting kicked out of European football due to FFP, and the Milan boss brought up that Milan seemingly have not gone to the same lengths investigating Galatasaray who have similar money problems, I think he even accussed UEFA of taking bribes from Turkey. So UEFA said "Fair enough" and re-opened those investigations as well. Which have lead to a lot of pissed off Turks.

It's like Liverpool vs the world on social media, only in 2 languages I do not understand.

EDIT: Now Besiktas fans have come to Milan's aide. This is banter at the highest level

Last edited:
Juventus beat Torino in the derby tonight. In fact Juventus is not interested in Serie A record. Conte made the record of 102 points wrong turnover and sacrificing the chance to play the Europa League final at Juventus Stadium (it was eliminated by Benfica).

Juventus wants the Champions.

Chi vorresti incontrare/evitare agli ottavi di UCL? Dite la VoStra!

In a poll among the Juventus fans on Vecchiasignora.com the opponent that everyone wants to avoid is:

Atletico Madrid 54%
Liverpool 40%

Desired adversary:

Schalke 04 51%
Lione 21%
Ajax 18%
Thanks, mate, I get the record thing and championships are where the focus is, but Spurs, Barca, City and now Juve are joint record holders for the best start to a league ever. If you win your next game you break this record which has stood for 57 years. Who is your next game against, I want to send them my best wishes?

Disgraceful comments from Bonucci and the Cagliari president after Moise Kean suffered racial abuse in Juve's win over Cagliari

And to clarify, he was getting monkey chants thrown him prior to his supposed 'arrogant' celebration. They should be happy he didn't flip them all off and jump in the crowd, all he did was stand in front of them.

3:14 for his celebration

Saw a video on Twitter where Matuidi was getting monkey chants and boo'd at too. Disgusting.

You can not be serious.

Anyone understand the logic in that???

Fuck me, these are some very backward people. And to see that it’s actually Inter fans defending the Calgari supporters.

The phrase ‘thick as pig shit’ comes to mind.

Should probably go in the "Modern Football is Broken" thread.... but, just WOW!

Reckon Spurs fans can get compensation for the CL Final, 'cos I can think of HALF A DOZEN players who "didn't turn up" to that!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom