Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but what is this doing on a Spurs forum? Who are you trying to celebrate with? Who are you trying to annoy? Post something interesting about Italian football, fine, but going on any time Juve win... who gives a shit?

fogueres fogueres Who are Juve playing in their next game. Who should Spurs fans be cheering on?

Juventus beat Torino in the derby tonight. In fact Juventus is not interested in Serie A record. Conte made the record of 102 points wrong turnover and sacrificing the chance to play the Europa League final at Juventus Stadium (it was eliminated by Benfica).

Juventus wants the Champions.

Chi vorresti incontrare/evitare agli ottavi di UCL? Dite la VoStra!

In a poll among the Juventus fans on Vecchiasignora.com the opponent that everyone wants to avoid is:

Atletico Madrid 54%
Liverpool 40%

Desired adversary:

Schalke 04 51%
Lione 21%
Ajax 18%

And Ronaldo breaks another record - most goals by a Portuguese player in a single season in Italy. His record breaking is endless.

The guy is a living legend and for me probably with a greater claim to being the being the best ever footballer than Messi, who is the greatest one club footballer ever.

For sake of argument Maradona remains the greatest player I ever saw and Ronaldo (Brazilian) the one I most enjoyed watching.
Luis Nazario da Ronaldo was a giant. Unstoppable.

Between Messi and CR7 I think the Argentine has more talent while the Portuguese has more dedication to work. Messi is a champion but he "works" only with Barcelona, in his environment: at the World Cup with Tevez, Dybala, Aguero, Di Maria etc. he did not do much. Cristiano Ronaldo won with Real Madrid and dragged Portugal to the victory of a European championship. CR7 has more charisma. Juventus in an already winning group has raised the bar ( level).He presented himself with humility but with the desire to win a novice.

This year to prepare for the best he has agreed with the coach of Portugal not to go national: he is a workaholic.

gazza17.jpg

Genoa came from behind to beat Lazio 2-1 in injury time. I can’t really pretend to care other than (a) weekends without Spurs have me looking at all kinds of results out of boredom, (b) Genoa are my ‘favourite’ Italian team due to the Anglo romance of their full club name and (c) Lazio are a bunch of subhuman nazi cunts.

Never been to Genoa but would be interested to know if anyone has been and also what the area around is like.

I live in Genoa. Both my wife and I are from the Umbria region (100 km from Rome) but we moved to Genoa for work. The city and its surroundings are very beautiful. It is a 3-day trip. Nearby there are charming villages like Portofino, Camogli. Sampdoria trains in Bogliasco while Genoa trains in the Pegli district. The Ferraris stadium is in the style of the English stadiums but it is very good for the game. If you need information, ask.

The FIGC inspector who was at Cagliari vs Juventus reported that the racial slurs against Moise Kean only started after he scored his goal, and were a reaction to his provocation. Cagliari only facing a fine. #GdS

Fucking joke

Hard to think of a more dominant display than against at top 6 team by us than Chelsea at home under Sarri, could have been 8-1 with better finishing. And he had no ability to change it. Similar story when they played City away, poor against Woolwich away too. It was too big for him because he couldn't impose his will over the players. They didn't respect him.

How convincing did we look first year under Poch (how convincing did we look last year under Poch come to that). Sarri made a better fist of his first season at Chelsea (despite having no pre season and a WC summer) than Poch did with us, where he too met with player resistance. Difference was Poch got the backing from Levy and a mandate to change things and fuck off players that didn't buy in. Sarri didn't get that backing. In one season with Chelsea he's still managed to finish above us, reach as many finals and win more trophies in one season as Poch has in 5.

You don't hire idiosyncratic/methodical coaches like Sarri and then not give them the working environment to succeed, that's just counter intuitive.

AC Milan have been excluded from the Europa League due to failing to meet FFP.
AS Roma have gotten their direct spot in to the group stage and Torino have taken over Roma's spot in the qualifiers.

Back
Top Bottom