Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He seems to be involved in everything on the official site/twitter/facebook, I wonder if he has a new deal.

Or is it because it's his last month so we can take farewell with him? We can't say goodbye to Jan at the stadium so...

But yeah, it's probably a new deal. Don't think he'd get a new contract under normal cirumstances, but because of covid-19 ramifications I got the feeling he will sign a new deal.

It has been reported he wants a 2 year deal on the same money which the club has refused. Cannot see Levy agreeing that and it all depends on him compromising which will only happen after he has looked at what is on offer elsewhere.

It has been reported he wants a 2 year deal on the same money which the club has refused. Cannot see Levy agreeing that and it all depends on him compromising which will only happen after he has looked at what is on offer elsewhere.
It’s only a month until his contract runs out. He must know by now if some other club is going to offer him 2 years on his current wage?

Surely he will agree to extend until the end of this season, beyond that it's hard to know what will happen. We may have to yield to his demands if our lack of transfer funds means signing a new CB isn't possible.

Love Jan think its a mistake to let him go. He comes across as an intelligent presence in the squad and could help bring younger players through. I know money talks and football is ruthless but some how i feel we should find a role for him.

A lot of bombs being dropped in the papers about Jan.
I'll wait until we hear something official.
Toby had been pushed out the door dozens of times by the media and in the end he signed a new contract.

Back
Top Bottom