January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hasn't Dzagoev not got long left on his contact? And Pranjic is available for less than 10m supposedly.

Problem is we wont get more than £5m combined for Jenas Bentley and Gomes.

Be nice to have them off the wage bill though.

Problem is we wont get more than £5m combined for Jenas Bentley and Gomes.

Be nice to have them off the wage bill though.

I'd take a tenner in empty glass bottles just to get them both to fuck off. For a 50p off Rachmaninoff Vodka at Lidl voucher they're welcome to Jenas too. My agent fee however is pretty steep (King Sized Bombay Bad Boy).

Ostrich_8740c4_3874870.jpg

Just forget about Willian, he is performing on the highest level (CL) at a club that is not know for being a selling club + a club that does not need money. Why the hell would he leave a CL club on the rise for a club that is seemingly in transition and will not pay the wages he can get elsewhere ? I hope i am wrong but for me he is going to a German or English top 4 (paying) club

Shaktar is not like the Dinamo's of this world , its not a club that needs to sell

Willian was agitating for a move in the summer, he wants out and will (I think) try to force it.

That doesnt mean Shaktar will let him leave on the cheap of course.

Also, I wouldnt be at all surprised if a club like Spurs could offer him a great deal more money than he is currently on, as well as a London lifestyle and such.

Im not sure its the most pressing move for us, but I certainly wouldnt write it off.

Not sure how likely he'd be to be a regular starter at Chelsea they have quite a few players in those positions now

That won't stop them. Their board clearly has no self control. It's like putting a ten year old on Football Manager. They just but all the famous attacking players and to hell with the rest.

Just forget about Willian, he is performing on the highest level (CL) at a club that is not know for being a selling club + a club that does not need money. Why the hell would he leave a CL club on the rise for a club that is seemingly in transition and will not pay the wages he can get elsewhere ? I hope i am wrong but for me he is going to a German or English top 4 (paying) club

Shaktar is not like the Dinamo's of this world , its not a club that needs to sell

I think our problem is more that Chelsea are now interested, and apparently they are his first choice, more than Shaktar being a cut above us.

A fit and on form Torres is an amazing striker, one of the best.

Considering though that he has only ever had a season or two in his entire career where he is both fit and on form, who is to say it is likely to happen again?

Last year I argued he was in the wrong team, simply didnt suit Chelsea. This year, with the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar ripping it up around him that is no longer true - he should be scoring a hatful and still isnt.

I suspect he is a busted flush these days

A fit and on form Torres is an amazing striker, one of the best.

Considering though that he has only ever had a season or two in his entire career where he is both fit and on form, who is to say it is likely to happen again?

Last year I argued he was in the wrong team, simply didnt suit Chelsea. This year, with the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar ripping it up around him that is no longer true - he should be scoring a hatful and still isnt.

I suspect he is a busted flush these days

I honestly think he has lost it mentally, he no longer believes that he is a good striker.

Blind faith and football goes hand in hand, well it does for fans anyway. I struggle to believe he's shot, I just can't accept it. *sobs*

But that really doesnt bother me , we need to find these players before the excel or before they reach the CL. We need to have superb scouting.

Agreed, and to some extent we have done in the past, snapping up the likes of Bale, Lennon, Sandro, and Modric before they were anything amazing. And to you could say the same about Vertonghen.

But that really doesnt bother me , we need to find these players before the excel or before they reach the CL. We need to have superb scouting.

I think we spot them early enough, but we dilly and dally, and try to get top targets for way too little money.

I think we've blown our chances with Moutinho personally. Over what? 2M?

Yeah I get that 2M is 2M, but you either want him, or you dont. We are either breaking the elite, or we are not. You dont get Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man U, City and Barcelona targets for half of what they will pay.

Same with Leandro. No one was talking about him, until we haggled for three years, his price went up 10M, and Real and Inter were alerted to the whole thing.

We know we want Moutinho. We know what the price is. We know what his personal terms are. We negotiated for the entire summer.

Who here thinks we will go in and sign him the second the window opens? Not me.

Back
Top Bottom