January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Globo esporte said:
Carente de opções ofensivas, o Tottenham manifestou interesse novamente em contar com o futebol do camisa 9 colorado, mas não conseguiu tempo hábil para concretizar a negociação. De acordo com o jornal Daily Star, a proposta do Tottenham foi na casa dos 20 milhões de libras (R$ 63 milhões), mas os valores foram bem abaixo disso, segundo Medeiros.
Basically, we ran out of time, and that, according to DoF Medeiros, the price we offered was less than the reported £20m.

This is the report Vickery is referring to.

mal-what.gif

"Carente de opções ofensivas, o Tottenham manifestou interesse novamente em contar com o futebol do camisa 9 colorado, mas não conseguiu tempo hábil para concretizar a negociação. De acordo com o jornal Daily Star, a proposta do Tottenham foi na casa dos 20 milhões de libras (R$ 63 milhões), mas os valores foram bem abaixo disso, segundo Medeiros."
In my puerile little mind...that is fucking brilliant!

This is most arsey dipshit ITK start to a sentence ever, but I was told from someone who would know that Tottenham wanted Ryan Mason to go to a "technical" league (France, as it turns out) rather than the Championship - where there were offers for him.

Logic being that they want him to play men's football, but at an initially easier level of physicality and at a club that will play him as a number 10 / advanced one in a midfield three.

There is some logic to it - but given that if he is to ever play for us then that means actually playing in England, I can't help but think the Champ would have been a better option for now. We'll see I guess...
This makes a great deal of sense. Wonderfully gifted footballer who is trying massviely to make the step up physically. Has had so many injuries in the physical leagues, I think this is an excellent move.

Have a lot of time for Mason, really think he can be fantastic for us in a few years. A striker like Keane in his heyday.

Hope he speaks French...

calm down melts, talks don't break down and start up again five times in less than an hour... it's called negotiating!
Either way, with 2 hours to go "UNTIL THE TRANSFER WINDOW SLAMS SHUT" (c) SSN he ain't getting on a plane from Brazil, landing at Stanstead, completing a medical and signing on the dotted line before "THE TRANSFER WINDOW SLAMS SHUT" (c) SSN at 11pm... like it or not, we're stuck with what we've got!

Unless Jim 'owns SSN' White says it ain't so!!

5Live just had a Jurno on who said we were trying for Damiao but the valuation was about 3-4 million out. Believes it will happen in the summer though - which would be nice.

5Live just had a Jurno on who said we were trying for Damiao but the valuation was about 3-4 million out. Believes it will happen in the summer though - which would be nice.

Every window, it's "it will happen in the next window".

Tomorrow never comes as they say.

Back
Top Bottom