Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not asking about Van Gaal
I’m asking why in 2016 when everyone was shit, and we were peak and finished above them, why we couldn’t beat Leicester or even hold a 13pt lead on Woolwich in 4 months

How much backing did he need to get his team past Wes Morgan
But I'm asking and you keep running away.

Why did Mourinho only finish 10th?

Why did Klopp only finish 8th?

Last edited:
Absolutely. Thanks for reminding everyone that my so called anti Levy agenda is a complete fabrication by posters like you.

As I've always said, credit where it's due. Criticism when appropriate.

If I'd made such a claim I'd have been destroyed so again, thanks for backing me up.

Let this finally put to bed this nonsense of my so called anti Levy agenda.
You’ve credited him for something which you are now blaming him for.

Once more:
“We are NOT punching above our weight. We are fighting at the level our fans deserve. And yes, I'll say it now, credit to Daniel Levy for getting us back to where we belong”
John Thomas 2017

So, with that in mind would you like to re think your excuse for how we didn’t win the PL against Leicester just a year earlier to saying the above?
Because now you are claiming it’s because we was punching above our weight by not spending.

Have a think John, because both claims don’t add up.
You fucked up.

100%. Now our next manager will be hampered by the Jose Years
There's a simple way out of this. That even the the bald miser can work out. Get a D.O.F, one who believes in progress football with a two tiered recruitment strategy ready made (for Jose) and top young talent two years off being ready. By then he is charged with bringing in Naggelsmann/Gallardo and can sell the job on the young players primed and ready for him to work with. Jose fresh from his FA cup and Europa cup double takes the Portugal national team job.

No. What doesn't add up is that up until 2 years ago you referred to him as Jurgen Flopp.
Since he was backed by his board, and now wins major titles, he's your worlds best manager.

You'd rather show you support for a manager of a rival club that gets the backing of his board than the manager of your own club who's forced to operate with his hands tied up and publicly beg for support.

That's what doesn't add up, Sammy.
I don’t give two fucks I misjudged Liverpool’s manager.
We all misjudged our own.
He wasn’t that good.....we was NOT punching above our weight and Levy had us exactly where we deserved to be, and we should thank him for that.

Your words John not mine

:pochcmon:

Have a think John, because both claims don’t add up.
You fucked up.
No, Sammy, you fucked up and now you're smarting in your own self made embarrassment.
For years you've been the cheerleader claiming I have some anti Levy agenda only to quote a post where I've sucked him off to the root

:sonlol:

Quote me again, Sammy.

Show the whole forum I'm not this anti Levy demon you made me out to be after all.

“We are NOT punching above our weight. We are fighting at the level our fans deserve. And yes, I'll say it now, credit to Daniel Levy for getting us back to where we belong”

giphy.gif

Last edited:
No, Sammy, you fucked up and now you're smarting in your own self made embarrassment.
For years you've been the cheerleader claiming I have some anti Levy agenda only to quote a post where I've sucked him off to the root

:sonlol:

Quote me again, Sammy.

Show the whole forum I'm not this anti Levy demon you made me out to be after all.
You said we wasn’t punching above our weight.
What was the reason we bottled it to Leicester?

Atrocious backtrack yet again for you.

Look John you can’t answer this by saying “Sammy said Klopp was shit, Sammy said I never praised Levy”

I’m asking what you think the reason was for not winning stuff at the time you said the club was where it deserved to be, the chairman should be thanked for our position and we was not punching above our weight,
Be a man for once, no gifs no “hehehe” just stand for what you said, and explain what role you feel the manager had in our failures back then seeing as you totally absolved levy of all fault.

Last edited:
We bottled nothing in the season Leicester won the title.

We were never top in that season and were the only side chasing Leicester in the last couple of months.

The only bottlers were Man city and woolwich who were both top of the league at various times and allowed Leicester to over take them

We were never top in that season and were the only side chasing Leicester in the last couple of months.

The only bottlers were Man city and woolwich who were both top of the league at various times and allowed Leicester to over take them
We bottled beating Leicester at WHL.....in fact we bottled some 22 chances on goal.
We also capitulated a 13pt lead on Woolwich from January.

The fact we wasn’t top meant nothing, it was a choice we had to go out there, put Leicester in their place and close the gap to some 2 or 3 pts.

We bottled it, then we bottled a 2-1 lead against a ten man Woolwich with 15 minutes to go when a win would have put us three points behind Leicester with 11 games.

We NEVER took a chance to pressure them.
We shit our pants when we could at every opportunity, and we’ve been doing that ever since.

2nd March 2016, we could have gone top on GD.
Lost to West fucking Ham.
TOP. In MARCH

Then bottled the absolute last chance at Chelsea despite being 2-0 up. We lost our nerve, we lost our discipline and we lost our bottle. Again.

Before the ultimate joy of losing 5-1 to a relegated team and finishing 3rd behind arse.

How anyone can deny that was a bottle job is beyond me.

Were we punching above our weight John?
We weren't punching above our weight. We've always been a big club. Not the plucky little tottingham that you and others like to portray us.
Credit to Daniel Levy for helping us get back where we belong by hiring Mauricio Pochettino. A man who showed he called polish turds and turn water into wine.

Massive, massive thumbs down to Levy for not backing him and trying operate the football team on the cheap. A catastrophic, scandelous show of greed thats set the team back years. A man and owners who have shown that glory on the pitch is at the bottom of the checkli$t.

Now, back to the qustion you've been hiding from.

If Poch was such a shit manager for finishing 3rd in 2016 how is it that Klopp finished 8th and Mourinho finished 10th. Rightly getting sacked in the process

You seem to be basing your'e whole argument around Levy's greatness and Poch's shitness around this one point

Last edited:

We went one nil up at Leicester then gave away the lead in two minutes. Stupid. First rule of football.

We lost at home to them - to a set piece. Sounds familiar...... Despite being all over them, dominating possession and wasting chances. We fucked that one up for sure.

We went 2-0 up at Home to stoke. Threw it away 2-2. Fuck up.

Lost 5-1 to Newcastle last day. Absolute bag of shite.

Win those 4 we would of won the league. 3 of them we should have won.

Newcastle showed the squad up for what they were - didn’t care enough. No wonder Poch wanted to murder them after that game.

Not bottled. But we could have won it.

We weren't punching above our weight. We've always been a big club. Not the plucky little tottingham that you and others like to portray us.
Credit to Daniel Levy for helping us get back where we belong by hiring Mauricio Pochettino. A man who showed he called polish turds and turn water into wine.

Massive, massive thumbs down to Levy for not backing him and trying operate the football team on the cheap. A catastrophic, scandelous show of greed thats set the team back years. A man and owners who have shown that glory on the pitch is at the bottom of the checkli$t.

Now, back to the qustion you've been hiding from.

If Poch was such a shit manager for finishing 3rd in 2016 how is it that Klopp finished 8th and Mourinho finished 10th. Rightly getting sacked in the process

You seem to be basing your'e whole argument around Levy's greatness and Poch's shitness around this one point
If we were not punching above our weight, what was the reason for not being able to beat a crap Leicester side to the title in a season all our rivals were abysmal?

You keep calling the squad turds, but claim we were where we belonged. If you credit the manager for making them gold, then it was he who turned them back into turd.

Klopp was in his first season, in a situation not too dissimilar to Jose is now.
Because he is a world class manager, over the years he managed the likes of Henderson, Milner, a champo LB and an academy RB into champions of Europe and so to be England.
He spent 150M on a CB and keeper, but we all know that’s not the reason Liverpool are so good.
It’s management. Klopp wasn’t backed with a bench, or squad depth. They have no back up.

Jose didn’t finish 10th he was sacked in December, The season before he won the PL and CC double with them.

Back
Top Bottom