Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In fact Mourinho performed very well with low budgets at Inter and Porto. It's a myth that he needs enormous amounts of money to build a good team.
That simply isn't true. No Club in the Wolrd spent more then Inter did prior to Jose arriving! And the preceding 5yrs before that they were in the top 3 highest spenders in the World, they also had the highest wage bill of any football team in the year Jose won the league with them. (they had won the league the past 4 seasons before he had arrived). It was their most successful decade in the clubs history, all achieved with unprecedented spending, it nearly bankrupted the Club.

That simply isn't true. No Club in the Wolrd spent more then Inter did prior to Jose arriving! And the preceding 5yrs before that they were in the top 3 highest spenders in the World, they also had the highest wage bill of any football team in the year Jose won the league with them. (they had won the league the past 4 seasons before he had arrived). It was their most successful decade in the clubs history, all achieved with unprecedented spending, it nearly bankrupted the Club.
How much did Porto spend when he won the CL (after of course winning the league twice, the domestic cup and the EL)

Not beating West Ham in March to go top of the PL with 8 games to go was a bottle job of the highest order.

We had 83 minutes to find an equaliser.
We had 3 shots on target all game and 65% of the ball.

Says it all
Those stats were a common theme during pochs time possession for possession sake but low conversion rate as the whole of Europe saw in the CL final.

So klopp was backed from selling the best player Liverpool had at the time and being allowed to reinvest the money, if there was even talk of selling Kane there would be Enic out protests

So klopp was backed from selling the best player Liverpool had at the time and being allowed to reinvest the money, if there was even talk of selling Kane there would be Enic out protests
And the same people lauding it were all laughing at how “Liverpool are mid table without Coutinho”

Not long ago John was demanding we pay most of our key players whatever they wanted.
Now they are turds.

I think what I am finding most intriguing at present is trying to second guess what is going on in Mourinho's mind.

He has been calm so far. He has certainly been quite considered

I assume and believe he has a plan and an idea on what we need.

The questions are is he right, will he be backed and will his changes work? The unknowns.

How much did Porto spend when he won the CL
No idea mate, that was nearly 20yrs ago. It's also why I made no comment about Porto and choose to correct the poster about the Inter Milan record.

I don't understand why people jump to the defence of a manager by stating lies. He's been a very successful manager in the past, this has been achieved by getting the gig at a club that has spent fortunes on the incumbent squad (and of squads that pay the highest salaries of the players too). This isn't a point of debate, it's one of fact.

I don't get why this is so contentious.

I think we are starting to see improvements under Jose, defensively at least, if we can sign another striker and get lloris , Davies and Ndombele back fit then we will be a match for any team I’m the CL group stages

We weren't punching above our weight. We've always been a big club. Not the plucky little tottingham that you and others like to portray us.
Credit to Daniel Levy for helping us get back where we belong by hiring Mauricio Pochettino. A man who showed he called polish turds and turn water into wine.

Massive, massive thumbs down to Levy for not backing him and trying operate the football team on the cheap. A catastrophic, scandelous show of greed thats set the team back years. A man and owners who have shown that glory on the pitch is at the bottom of the checkli$t.

Now, back to the qustion you've been hiding from.

If Poch was such a shit manager for finishing 3rd in 2016 how is it that Klopp finished 8th and Mourinho finished 10th. Rightly getting sacked in the process

You seem to be basing your'e whole argument around Levy's greatness and Poch's shitness around this one point
He now claims we bottled winning the PL that season but also said few days our fans are cunts for expecting at least one trophy in a decade from Levy. He’s a shameless troll and a compulsive liar

We bottled nothing in the season Leicester won the title.

We were never top in that season and were the only side chasing Leicester in the last couple of months.

The only bottlers were Man city and woolwich who were both top of the league at various times and allowed Leicester to over take them

Completely agree it was not a bottle job. But we did have massive missed opportunities, which might have changed the outcome.

Leicester @ home, West Ham away, West Brom home & Chelsea away scream from the memory as the missed opportunities to at least add the pressure. Leicester were gifted the title by others and there was little pressure from a challenger.

They had won the league by default because of the Italian football scandal - Juventus had been relegated and AC Milan had points docked.

As for their spending - Wesley Sneidjer was his 4th biggest signing who cost £13 million. They signed Eto for £18 million who was his 3rd biggest signing in that time. To put that into context we in the same period signed Modric for £16 million and Pavlyuchenko for £14 million. He didn’t spend at Inter and had his best player sold in Ibrahamovic prior to winning the CL.

Inter were the 10th biggest club in the world by revenue at that point behind AC and Roma so let’s not pretend that Inter Milan were something that they were not shall we.

The current manager is being hampered by the Pochettino years.

It makes me laugh me when people say Jose leaves a trail of mess behind him but absolute silence on our last manager.

Poch got sacked at Espanyol because they were bottom of the league with 2 wins in 13.

Jumped ship at Southampton with a fire storm for them that summer where Koeman virtually had to do whole rebuild.

And got sacked from us when we were 14th in the league and had picked up 25 points from our last 24 games.

It’s going to definitely be interesting to see how he does in his job. Could go either way.

No idea mate, that was nearly 20yrs ago. It's also why I made no comment about Porto and choose to correct the poster about the Inter Milan record.

I don't understand why people jump to the defence of a manager by stating lies. He's been a very successful manager in the past, this has been achieved by getting the gig at a club that has spent fortunes on the incumbent squad (and of squads that pay the highest salaries of the players too). This isn't a point of debate, it's one of fact.

I don't get why this is so contentious.
22 trophies the last three were in in his last two stints lass than five years ago. Then he took 18 months off. How dare he not win something while not working.

Poch won nothing and you think he’s superior

Your delusions are so grand you think Jose is the past......stupidly and willfully “forgetting” that his successes were not 20 years ago, they have simply continued for 20 years.

Completely agree it was not a bottle job. But we did have massive missed opportunities, which might have changed the outcome.

Leicester @ home, West Ham away, West Brom home & Chelsea away scream from the memory as the missed opportunities to at least add the pressure. Leicester were gifted the title by others and there was little pressure from a challenger.

The biggest fuck up of all was leading a 10 man Woolwich 2-1 at home which would have put us top (at least for a few hours) in the month of March for the first time since 1963 and not seeing it out. That was the Saturday after loss at West Ham so we had two chances to go top and put some real pressure on Leicester and flunked both. Leicester were held by West Brom in that round of midweek fixtures where we lost at West Ham. When we couldn’t beat 10 man Woolwich, Leicester knew we hadn’t the bottle for it and they went and ground out a 0-1 win at Watford in the late kick off in what looked an awkward assignment for them.

We obviously didn’t appreciate the significance of it at the time but we played at Leicester in the 3rd game of that season in mid August. Dele broke the deadlock around the 80 minute mark. Mahrez equalized within a minute and it finished 1-1. Tone was set for the season. If we’d won there, could have killed the early season momentum Leicester built up.

22 trophies the last three were in in his last two stints lass than five years ago. Then he took 18 months off. How dare he not win something while not working.

Poch won nothing and you think he’s superior

Your delusions are so grand you think Jose is the past......stupidly and willfully “forgetting” that his successes were not 20 years ago, they have simply continued for 20 years.
Do you ever stop talking about Poch?

I've made no other statements other than to correct the poster that Inter Milan had spunked a fortune on that team.

Back
Top Bottom