Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahhhhh it works like that.
Ok let’s look at Pochs history since his massive achievement of losing the CL final shall we.

We lost to Colchester far more recently John
That you genuinely just posted that shows the depths of insanity this love affair with Pochettino some of you have sunk to.

You actually think Poch achieved more than Jose and are using a period in time Jose was working as a pundit to compare.
But you've completely ignored the point.

Jose is struggling to get any sort of tune out of the same bunch of players you believe were the most talented team in Europe. You criticise Poch on an hourly basis for not winning the Champions league with them just 7 months ago

Jose will fail because of his past history

Jose’s past history:

Honours
Manager
Porto

Chelsea

Inter Milan[238]

Real Madrid[238]

Manchester United

Individual

:goonermong:

flawless logic.

why didn’t ancelotti bring Napoli guaranteed success? He should do the same at Everton as well?
Capello at England?
LVG at Utd?
Emery won multiple Europa leagues but failed at Woolwich.
Dalglish 2nd time round at Liverpool?

Jose stans are the new “back in my day...”

But you've completely ignored the point.

Jose is struggling to get any sort of tune out of the same bunch of players you believe were the most talented team in Europe. You criticise Poch on an hourly basis for not winning the Champions league with them just 7 months ago
Poch didn’t win an away game for 11 months with these players, we were 14th and lost to 4th division oppo.

Most of that happened after the final which he lost, so that’s his most recent history.

Just like Watford etc is Jose’s

flawless logic.

why didn’t ancelotti bring Napoli guaranteed success? He should do the same at Everton as well?
Capello at England?
LVG at Utd?
Emery won multiple Europa leagues but failed at Woolwich.
Dalglish 2nd time round at Liverpool?

Jose stans are the new “back in my day...”
If back in your day is 2016 when he won a double then yes.
Took a year and half off from the game after that, how’s he supposed to win stuff from Sky’s studio.

Really funny that Poch was lauded for “polishing turds” in 2016, but that’s ancient history all of a sudden.

It's pretty clear that this team was nowhere near the best in Europe and Poch worked a miracle to get them to the CL final

Or

Jose's made a complete pigs arse of the job so far.

I think it's the former.

Which do you think, sammyspurs sammyspurs

It's pretty clear that this team was nowhere near the best in Europe and Poch worked a miracle to get them to the CL final

Or

Jose's made a complete pigs arse of the job so far.

I think it's the former.

Which do you think, sammyspurs sammyspurs

Jose has found it tough injecting life back into the dead carcass of a team that Poch destroyed mentally and physically.

The plus side is that Tanganga, Lamela, Lo Celso, Toby, Sanchez, Moura and Winks, Kane, Sissoko, Aurier and Son all look committed.
Lots of injuries, and Poch sanctioning a record signing that is making Soldado look like amazing business isn’t helping.

12 weeks in and 7 places higher, signed a player in January, looking at others, and I’m looking forward to see what will be.

Poch showed that it was the back up that excelled in the CL last season. He had no choice, it was not tactical to use Llorente and Moura.
He proved he was clueless by dropping them for an injured Kane in the final.

If that wasn’t enough, he then sold Llorente and started the season with one striker and didn’t bother to target one.

Now we are where we are.
Burned up, deflated and key players following his lead and wanting out.

Jose has found it tough injecting life back into the dead carcass of a team that Poch destroyed mentally and physically.
So. We're now blaming Poch for mentally and physically turning the team into a dead carcass.

How dare he somehow drag these players to the champions league final and exhaust the team to give us some of our most memorable nights ever.

How dare he continue to do all this on the back of a year and a half of zero investment and not one single new player to ease the burden.

giphy.gif

I really can't believe you keep a straight face when you type this sort of shit.

If back in your day is 2016 when he won a double then yes.
Took a year and half off from the game after that, how’s he supposed to win stuff from Sky’s studio.

Really funny that Poch was lauded for “polishing turds” in 2016, but that’s ancient history all of a sudden.

Europa in 2017 with a toxic club

Jose has “regressed” over the last ten years

:avbfu:
But he’s won fuck all since then???

Out of job for most of it

Some of the shit posted on here makes me laugh

And Guido I disagree with you saying that he should be judged by the end of this season
End of next maybe

Last edited:
So. We're now blaming Poch for mentally and physically turning the team into a dead carcass.

How dare he somehow drag these players to the champions league final and exhaust the team to give us some of our most memorable nights ever.

How dare he continue to do all this on the back of a year and a half of zero investment and not one single new player to ease the burden.

giphy.gif

I really can't believe you keep a straight face when you type this sort of shit.

Champions League final was memorable all right

:kanehand:

giphy.gif

Pochs story didn’t end with the lost CL final John.

I love the notion that Jose’s time has come and gone but people herald Pochettino for supposedly being an elite coach when at 48 when he hasn’t a single trophy to his name where as Mourhino, Conte, Simone, Klopp Ancellotti, Pep had won mutiple trophies by that point.

I actually believe that managers do decline much likes played do. Their peak years appear to between the ages of 40-50 and it’s a gradual decline thereafter. That said Mourhino decline is from being arguably the greatest manager in the game which means even an inferior Jose to that of the old should be well ahead of most.

If some are happy to subscribe to the decline of a managers abilities then surely this should apply to Pochettinos ‘potential’. He is the Jesse Lingard of the management world - always considered younger than he actually is and if he hasn’t become an elite coach at this point of his career is highly unlikely that he ever will.

But you don’t hear that from his acolytes - they’ll happily focus on Jose’s failings now after 2 months and ignore 6 years of Pochettinos. It’s laughable when you hear such people wax lyrical about Bielsa who is 64 and fallen short at every hurdle. Claim that Nuno was a better option - a manager who operates the same managerial philosophy as Mourhino.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom