Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
The scary thing about not being able to think for yourself though is that so many of the people now voting out have based it on the Everton game.

Let’s be honest, had we won, this thread wouldn’t even exist would it.

So basically, new owners because Jose made shit subs, and Ndombele wasn’t Pele after all, like a big chunk of them thought he was.

Then you get the hardcore like scott scott ......1470 posts in here but you won’t find him in a match thread.
Think the Everton game just confirmed quicker than normal that the squad isn’t there, maybe that’s a good thing in hindsight, rather than halfway through the season....Harry Kane had two touches inside the Everton box, two touches..shit subs or not even with putting Joe Hart in centre midfield that shouldn’t happen....

Being serious though, why do people have to use a signing as means to have a pop at other posters.

Its so childish. Why can't we all just enjoy the moment together?:disdain:

Going to change my vote based on the fact that I think ENIC and Levy are genuinely trying to win something, making signings of the calibre we have does not happen if they are happy to settle for second best.

Happy to be proven wrong!

This is a huge step in the right direction, we need to get a striker in now which I am sure we will before the window shuts.
And they say you can’t buy votes 😂😂

Tonight is not a night for arguing. It's a time for celebrating.

For fucks sake man give it a rest. You're stinking the place out

Then give Levy some credit. Quick enough to dish it out, so you could also give credit where it's due.

Don't expect to be taking seriously on this forum again until you do.

Just a friendly piece of advice you bald cunt.

Honestly, ask yourselves this, does it really benefit you in life to have extreme viewpoints?

To be so stubborn with your opinions and ideas that it eliminates any form of critical thought and turns you into nothing more than a sheep just repeating the same opinions tirelessly whilst being incapable of self-reflection?

This idea that if someone changes their mind is something to be ridiculed is utterly baffling to me, I actually think it's a fantastic trait in a person to be able to reflect on their opinions and change them, especially if they feel very strongly about something.

Maybe if we all stopped cunting each other off in a game of "I told you so" and all started acting like we are imperfect humans capable of making mistakes and having the humility to admit that and all realised we support the same team here then the discourse would be better.

Just food for thought.

Levy in, Levy out, shake it all about.

To be fair, any thread that is titled “Levy / ENIC out” is going to be mainly populated by one side of the argument. Just as one titled “Levy / ENIC in” is going g to be the other way round.

As Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam said above, entrenched views aren’t going to change just because we signed a couple of players. So constantly arguing the toss does seem to be a bit pointless, but that’s pretty true for everything written in here.

For what it’s worth, I’m Levy / ENIC in, as I believe they’ve done more good than bad for this club, by a distance, but have still fucked up at times. It’s a nice comfy place to be.

When we lose the Levy / ENIC out massive are quick to lay blame towards them, yet winning well, looking in a strong position with personnel and infrastructure, and topping it off with a very good transfer window - are they never due some credit?

I'm not saying they're perfect, it's just that opinions should not be stubbornly set in stone. Credit where it's due. For me, we continue to move forward as a club with a long term vision.
There are of course still negatives - but there are plenty of positives about where we are right now compared with 1 year ago.

COYS

I think this thread needs a bump

landscape tumbleweed GIF

Ok I accept your stance although the previous 2 windows were not bad. I am interested in posters views as to why they think Levy agreed it when he had a ready excuse in the Stadium being closed to say we cannot afford it. I quite frankly am astounded at the incomings and if anyone had predicted this in July I would have thought them mad.

I think that while the number of players is big the cost is not as big as it could or normally would be.

Doherty was cheap because of his age and contract. PEH was cheap because of the KWP swap and his contract, Reguilon cost a lot less than he would because of the buy back clause, Vinicius is on loan and was cheap for that because of Benfica losing out on CL, Bale was cheaper than he would be because RM wanted to get rid of his wages, even if just half plus I imagine he could bring some marketing aspects that Levy could capitalize on, Hart was basically free because of his age and the fact he sucks, Rodon was cheap because he comes from Championship and Swansea need the money.

So really Levy didn't have to spend all that much to bring the players in that he did. Plus after spending the money he did on Jose and putting so many eggs in that basket he likely felt some pressure to do something as it was looking like that hiring was going to be a disaster if we kept going with the usual way he does things.

I can imagine it. The year is 2040 and we're still waiting to add to our paltry Carling Cup back in 2008.

Amid mounting criticism from fans, 78 year old trillionaire Daniel Levy plucks a half decent transfer window out of his arse and the fighting cock descends into a massive wank off as we're told how lucky we are to have him.

I just took a look at the Levy Suck Off thread. Fans celebrating a cut price deal for a championship center half like we just won the double

:harryhmm:
It's ok to just hold your hands up John.

I've always said that.
Levy is the constant throughout those 20 years though, others have left, paid the price for failure.
Everything is good now but I think about life after Mourinho and whether Levy will be a true backer of the next manager we get.
Why do you do that ? Why can you not simply live for the moment and stop worrying about what might happen ?.
It honestly never enters my head who will come after Jose. I am far too busy thoroughly enjoying what is happening to my club NOW. There has never been a more exciting time at Spurs for years and the whole mood of everybody concerned with them from Board level down to supporter is positive and confident of a trophy/title success.
Don't stress yourself about what comes next, as the saying goes Carpe Diem
:mourthumb: :coys:

If they don’t invest in the summer and sack Mourinho they should fuck off sharpish
I don’t care about bla bla coronavirus bla bla, fucking improve the team after years of making profits off Poch’s work

Can I change my vote? I voted "In" out of habit, and because I do not think the underinvestment is the reason for our struggles.

I am at thinking that maybe I should say "Out" for one simple reason: Hiring fucking Mourinho. The worst decision in football, ahead of the second worst decision in football which was hiring Mourinho (when United hired him)

I'm curious.

Those that are crying for ENIC/Levy to leave, who would you have take over?

Would you hope for a Sheik or a Russian oligarch? A Bezos or a Gates? A Blackrock or a Vanguard Group?

Seriously interested.

I'm curious.

Those that are crying for ENIC/Levy to leave, who would you have take over?

Would you hope for a Sheik or a Russian oligarch? A Bezos or a Gates? A Blackrock or a Vanguard Group?

Seriously interested.

Hard to say who exactly because you never know how people/organizations will act but I would say ideally a Bezos/Gates that has interest in football so are buying it out of interest to be an owner rather than seeing it as a vehicle to make money ala Kroenke.

I think if you can get an owner like that you get the best of both worlds in terms of endless money and an interest to look at success as more than a line on a financial sheet.

I am not sure if there are owners like this in European football but I know in US sports I would use examples like Mark Cuban, Steve Balmer in the NBA. They aren't silly with money (and can only do so much with the salary limits the league has) but they will spend money to make their teams more competitive than other teams.

Getting in an investment firm like Vanguard just seems to be replacing one money focused group for another. I guess you could hope that they would see that consistent CL football is the best way to make money so would be willing to make moves to get that rather than settle for a mediocre side like our current management have done and I think they could easily improve on Steve Hitchens so that would be a positive, but overall I think we would get similar results with a focus on money not on field success that we currently have.

I also wouldn't be as opposed to a Sheik as others. If it meant winning I have to be honest and say I would take it. I'm not going to lie and try to act as I have superior morals or some sort of righteousness that I would turn my back. I would be right there cheering and fist pumping if we won after a transfer window outlay of 350 m based on our shady sponsorship deal with Saudi Air or Uzbekistan Petrochemicals.

We probably would be, but the purity is lost.

I just can't fathom the idea that winning sacrifices purity and cheese rooms don't.

Like, I can factually describe the ideology that gets you there, and I know how deeply felt that ideology is among lots of football fans Spurs and otherwise, but honestly it's like talking to someone with lobsters coming out of their ears.

There is not a single club in the world that have prostrated at the altar of Corporate Football more than Tottenham Hotspur. Not one.

They bought well with the money the received from the Coutinho money. They bought very well in fact. Credit to their scouting system which is apparently built around analytics, like baseball.

We had that chance with the Bale money and whiffed mightily.

They haven't been a City, Chelsea, Man U when it comes to outflow each year. They have been rather pragmatic in their approach.

That they've created a juggernaut more cheaply and effectively than City did is as you say a tremendous credit to their scouting department and backroom staff, and indeed Klopp as well.

But what is relevant to this conversation is that they DID go full Sheik Mansour when it was necessary to complete their super team. Maybe their project doesn't involve doing that forever, who knows. I do think they will start to come back to the pack as this group inevitably grows stale.

But they went all-in cash crazy over the odds at the moment it was required to take the final step. Their project was winning and they did what it took to complete their project.

Does it have to be a mega owner?

What I mean is why not just a chairman who “trusts” footballing people to do the “footballing” things? as an alternative.....Sugar was too involved in the playing side and hadn’t a clue, and Levy obviously hasn’t a clue, does any chairman really? So a chairman who can keep the club afloat, hand his or her directors of (insert here) an annual budget and stay the fuck out of footballing things...

It could genuinely be much worse so I tend to be much less #LevyOut than the others who take a clear-eyed view of the situation.

I do wonder whether a more modern, professional operation could do more with the current amount of funding, though I am also hopeful that with these recent moves Levy is waking up to that possibility too.

Back
Top Bottom