Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. Perhaps I’m exaggerating. It is infuriating though - and when levy was selling the most expensive season tickets in the world - he knew the stadium wasn’t going to be ready.
But yes, when we’re there, we will have the best
So are you saying that Levy and the board, after being informed by Mace ( as they would be the ones who would give a date) that it would not be ready by at least start of November, went ahead and released a first home date of September 15th and sold STs regardless. Mace kept their mouths shut about this and then conspired with the club & Levy, along with a sub contractor, to make up a story / deliberately sabotage work, just to allow Levy and Spurs to sell ST’s?
That’s pretty big conspiracy mate.

Yes because that's what I said...

80% of the league are now fiscally responsible while spending money Net. We are neutral with the lowest Wage /turnover ratio in the league (falling). We are doing this on the cheap, nothing wrong in recognising the fact and / or being proud of it.

Poch is achieving this with one hand tied behind his back and should be championed to the hilt. You can also recognise the good work Levy has done and still see for whatever reason (probably stadium cost) we are achieving on the cheap.
Wenger was a God then becuase Woolwich net spent £12m net from 1996-2012 whilst ENIC spent £124m net from 2001-12.
Since ENIC took over in 2001 they have spent £136m net up until Wenger departed.
Woolwich spent £189m net With Wenger since ENIC 2001 takeover (£86m of that in Wengers penultimate season)

Last edited:
Wenger was a God then becuase he net spent £12m net from 1996-2012 whilst ENIC spent £124m from 2001-12.
ENIC have spent £136 m net in Wengers reign
Wenger spent £189m net In ENICs. (£86m of that in his penultimate season)
I always said back then that without including wages it means nothing - over that time they spent over £300M more in wages.

Our W/T ratio is the lowest in the division and has gone down in the last two years our Net spend over the past few years is near to zero, this is anormal in the division where most clubs are now sensibly run.

What went on prior to Poch is a little irrelevant as the only point I am making is during his reign we have succeeded on the cheap - making no judgments on it but it is a fact.

I always said back then that without including wages it means nothing - over that time they spent over £300M more in wages.

Our W/T ratio is the lowest in the division and has gone down in the last two years our Net spend over the past few years is near to zero, this is anormal in the division where most clubs are now sensibly run.

What went on prior to Poch is a little irrelevant as the only point I am making is during his reign we have succeeded on the cheap - making no judgments on it but it is a fact.
My point is Wenger did it on the cheap.
Pochettino knew what he was getting and he has done well on the cheap.
It’s no coincidence that we have seen ENIC get all negative net spendy since 11/12 and since then we have seen a new training ground, property snapped up, a lodge built and now a stadium.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed is that although people say yes, Levy deserves criticism, they never actually criticise him
It was like during the summer. People said we will sign players but if we don't I'll give the club shit. We didn't sign anyone & those people are still constipated.

Serious question.
Growing up I can’t remember there being such emphasis on transfers.
Well I never got all worked up about it. Until they happened. Maybe a hint
It just sort of happened. You were surprised
Can’t remeber waiting in anticipation and being disappointed with Clemence and Price

We finished 4th that year and won a cup

Is the transfer thing manufactured by Sky?
When did it become a big thing, with technology media etc
Can’t say I even looked at Ceefax.

Serious question.
Can’t remeber waiting in anticipation and being disappointed with Clemence and Price

In the past you could buy a player at any time. Therefore if a defender was injured and out of the team for a long time you could go and buy someone else. Then they introduced the transfer windows and then it became a major thing as you could not buy someone at other times.

One thing I've noticed is that although people say yes, Levy deserves criticism, they never actually criticise him

One thing I've noticed us that the people who constantly criticise Levy are desperate for those who don't to stick the knife as in well, just so they can feel justified in constantly being a miserable fucking cunt.

Serious question.

Transfers were always great- I loved hearing we were getting Bobby Zamora and was excited by Bunjevcevic (RIP) and even Redknapp ...

as said though the transfer window made it more of an event.

I understand why some people don't care for Toby, but I don't feel the need to be critical of him just because I understand why some people are.

Understanding why others would criticize Levy but not feeling the need to be critical seems perfectly rational.

That, plus sky (and eventually other media) made it such a big thing...now they link every player to every club in an effort to get more predictions right. And off course, some people get all butt hurt when it doesn't happen, even if there was never going to be a deal. Can't blame themselves, so they whine like half wits instead

It was like during the summer. People said we will sign players but if we don't I'll give the club shit. We didn't sign anyone & those people are still constipated.

It is possible to have an opinion on something without needing to consistently spout drivel about it on here. Its only natural that people only post when the narrative suits their agenda or way of thinking.

I don't think any Spurs fan isn't disappointed that we didnt get any new buisness done or that the stadium is late.
Its all relative. Apparently the club is in crisis... but I'd still rather be in our position than Chelsea or Arsenals at the moment.... at least we can defend.

It is possible to have an opinion on something without needing to consistently spout drivel about it on here. Its only natural that people only post when the narrative suits their agenda or way of thinking.

I don't think any Spurs fan isn't disappointed that we didnt get any new buisness done or that the stadium is late.
Its all relative. Apparently the club is in crisis... but I'd still rather be in our position than Chelsea or Arsenals at the moment.... at least we can defend.
Those people spouted plenty of drivel to suit their agenda.

Those people spouted plenty of drivel to suit their agenda.

Who are "those people"? I've purposely kept my beak out mostly over the last transfer window, save for the odd snipe ; )

It all just seems so monotonous. I don't think either party will ever see eye to eye. The goalposts will continue to move for the anti Levy sentiment. The levy apologisers will continue to not really give a fuck and just enjoy the football. Trolls will keep trolling. Most will have an opinion somewhere in between but not really care enough or have the inclination to argue with strangers on the internet about it.

The world keeps revolving. Football keeps on making money.

Back
Top Bottom