Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like this narrative people have firmed about their easy start.

I don’t watch them at all but speaking to people who do they were playing good football.

After 30 games they had won 23 drawn 4 and lost 3. That’s consistency. You can’t tell me all their hard games were in their last 8 matches? Well you can I guess because that’s what people seem to be telling me a lot.

We have some catching up to do and they are spending serious money - again. Rice and Havertz improve them.

Pressure is on them, but pressure is also on us at start well.

I think they have turned into serious contenders. I can remember people saying Poch’s Tottenham team were a flash in the pan. Their squad reminds me of us back then. Young, hungry and getting better as a group.

Optimism will definitely be needed this coming season. And I’m allowing some bedding in time a la poch.
Morning!

They definitely had an easy start which always helps.

I'm also thinking about matches where they needed a last minute winner/equaliser. Just need a few of them to go the other way.

Now, I will ask that you don't request more detailed examples cos I will admit I don't really follow them closely enough to back this up with stats. Is just the feeling I've been left with from last season.

Levy kicking it out of the park this transfer window.

7qy4oq.jpg

I'll take the bait, such a nonsense response nothing to do with what I was saying, actually if anything backs me up. Let's break it down for you...

Convenient the ENIC fanboys always quote since 2018 forgetting almost 20 years where we were the bottom of that list, many little teams above us. Anyway past that, the new 'game changing' stadium, what was he going to do? Continue in his frugal ways, whilst others spend and watch us continue to fall further behind? Because don't spend this year Kane is gone and bottom half next year. Pretty much every window he has spent big it's with the goal of getting European income with the exception the year we flirted with relegation, again money the motivator. Then consider why aren't Man City top of the list yet they always dine at the top table when buying players? Because they buy the best, they sell the best, because they back the manager they don't end up with a bunch of halfway misfits that don't suit the next manager he half assed backs and there isn't this constant need to invest large amounts in the squad, thus they can now keep the net spend down. For them it's all about fine tuning that winning machine.

Instead we are in a situation where if we do not spend big not even European Football will be in our grasp. So I expect in the coming years we may be even higher in that net spend, never considering that backing the manager with the players he actually wants, no more cheaper 2nd choices, and no more this endless need to play catch up may actually be the cheaper option. There is a reason people say penny wise, pound foolish, that's certainly true in their running of the team. But in the end that doesn't matter to ENIC as growth of the PL, the Tottenham property empire they are building and their entertainment business negates all that to create massive profit for them. Bottom line it's all about money for them and whilst I think we will get Euro Football more seasons than not with them, that 22 years of winning crap all will continue to rise, top of net spend with 20 rodons, N'ks and spences or not, after all there may be one bale in there...

Their situation is a carbon copy of ours following the Leicester season.

And they're handling it very differently. Let's see how it goes.

Arteta is the 3rd longest surviving pure premier league manager now (I’m not including Thomas frank in that list) and has been massively backed the last two windows.

And I think make or break is too strong a term, but they are giving themselves every chance of success by building and investing in their squad. Big season ahead for them.

The annoying thing now is that you want English teams to do well in Europe to open up that 5th CL place.
Although as West Ham are effectively an extra team in Europe this year you would think our(England not spurs) co-efficient points will be helped out by that factor to start with.

Arteta is the 3rd longest surviving pure premier league manager now (I’m not including Thomas frank in that list) and has been massively backed the last two windows.

And I think make or break is too strong a term, but they are giving themselves every chance of success by building and investing in their squad. Big season ahead for them.

The annoying thing now is that you want English teams to do well in Europe to open up that 5th CL place.
Although as West Ham are effectively an extra team in Europe this year you would think our(England not spurs) co-efficient points will be helped out by that factor to start with.
Woolwich will struggle to replicate last seasons 2nd place finish in my opinion.

There will be an inevitable hangover which will kick in at some point.

Champions League football will be a challenge for them in respect of getting the points tally they achieved last season.

Signing Havertz is a gamble.

So is paying over the top for Rice. A good player; but not world class like the fee.

Woolwich will struggle to replicate last seasons 2nd place finish in my opinion.

Champions League football will be a challenge for them in respect of getting the points tally they achieved last season.

So is paying over the top for Rice. A good player; but not world class like the fee.

They might struggle for 2nd. I think holding onto top 4 and a decent run in the CL to pay for Rice would be a decent season for them.

I’m sure they are going to be talking about winning the league.

For that they need a Roy Keane / Viera type who will drag players over the line when needed. Not sure they have that at the moment.

They might struggle for 2nd. I think holding onto top 4 and a decent run in the CL to pay for Rice would be a decent season for them.

I’m sure they are going to be talking about winning the league.

For that they need a Roy Keane / Viera type who will drag players over the line when needed. Not sure they have that at the moment.
I think it could all end in tears.

Assuming Poch gets Chelsea back to where they probably should be and Liverpool begin to tick again; Woolwich will find it very hard to hit the levels of consistency they somehow found last season.

They will have to play their best side in Europe more often this season.

If they lose a few and slip down the table AFTV will soon give Arteta the hiding the fraud deserves.

An improving, consistent Spurs can only help to deliver this outcome.

That cunt Levy had better hang on to Kane and buy two top notch centre backs.

I'll take the bait, such a nonsense response nothing to do with what I was saying, actually if anything backs me up. Let's break it down for you...
Let me break it down for you.

You said;
with others spending big Levy had little choice but to get the checkbook out
Levy has been spending big (got the cheque book out) since 2018, so it has everything to do with what you were saying.

Nice try on moving the goalposts though.

I think it could all end in tears.

Assuming Poch gets Chelsea back to where they probably should be and Liverpool begin to tick again; Woolwich will find it very hard to hit the levels of consistency they somehow found last season.

They will have to play their best side in Europe more often this season.

If they lose a few and slip down the table AFTV will soon give Arteta the hiding the fraud deserves.

An improving, consistent Spurs can only help to deliver this outcome.

That cunt Levy had better hang on to Kane and buy two top notch centre backs.

Kane is a tough one. Do we cash in and look to the future? Or carry on as we have with him being the main aim of the whole team. He’s not going to be here for ever.

I keep hearing Ange ball and high press. Kane can’t do that for 90mins each and every game.

2 CBs will be needed.

I worry Romero and Ange don’t get on. Romero seems to be a liability at times. I’m hoping he gets on with Ange.
The last thing you need is a CB who picks up cards like you would phone numbers at speed dating.

Let me break it down for you.

You said;

Levy has been spending big (got the cheque book out) since 2018, so it has everything to do with what you were saying.

Nice try on moving the goalposts though.
quote the whole post for the context:

Tbf we have been going backwards for years, with others spending big Levy had little choice but to get the checkbook out unless he wanted bottom half and worse to come with Kane leaving the following year. Levy always has spent when back to the wall, it’s when we’ve needed ambition to go for the top he’s went AWOL. Looks like we are aiming to get back competing for Europe monie$ he’s missing so well done him…

Our backs are too the wall after last season, our backs our to the wall since 2018 when he went AWOL in supporting Poch (something Woolwich seemed to have learned from this year) and we have been on a downward trajectory since, again your simplistic viewpoint misses the real issues...

Outside the top 6 with a few injuries

Kane is a tough one. Do we cash in and look to the future? Or carry on as we have with him being the main aim of the whole team. He’s not going to be here for ever.

I keep hearing Ange ball and high press. Kane can’t do that for 90mins each and every game.

2 CBs will be needed.

I worry Romero and Ange don’t get on. Romero seems to be a liability at times. I’m hoping he gets on with Ange.
The last thing you need is a CB who picks up cards like you would phone numbers at speed dating.
Ooh he can’t high press 😂😂😂 he’s just banged in 30 goals in a terrible side. Who gives a f

He will defintely pick one goal Richarlson over Kane as he can run around like a dog chasing a balloon for 90 mins. Can’t control a ball or score goals but he can high press via optimal data stats courtesy of king nerd Opta Joey Deacon

Jesus Christ, put Championship Manager in the bin

quote the whole post for the context:

Tbf we have been going backwards for years, with others spending big Levy had little choice but to get the checkbook out unless he wanted bottom half and worse to come with Kane leaving the following year. Levy always has spent when back to the wall, it’s when we’ve needed ambition to go for the top he’s went AWOL. Looks like we are aiming to get back competing for Europe monie$ he’s missing so well done him…

Our backs are too the wall after last season, our backs our to the wall since 2018 when he went AWOL in supporting Poch (something Woolwich seemed to have learned from this year) and we have been on a downward trajectory since, again your simplistic viewpoint misses the real issues...
Your original point (that Levy only got the cheque book out, this year, due to others spending, Kane leaving next year, and fear of dropping down the table) was destroyed by facts.

But now you're saying that Levy has been spending since 2018

Thanks for agreeing with my original post to you, which showed exactly that but you dismissed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom