Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Below Spurs and Arteta is toast.

I reckon that is why they are throwing more money at it.

They over achieved and once it goes backwards the wheels will come off again.
They are a decent side but lack depth. Been completely exposed at the tail end for the last two seasons when injuries take their toll. If they come at the start, it could mean they have a mountain to club and they fall off early

Ooh he can’t high press 😂😂😂 he’s just banged in 30 goals in a terrible side. Who gives a f

He will defintely pick one goal Richarlson over Kane as he can run around like a dog chasing a balloon for 90 mins. Can’t control a ball or score goals but he can high press via optimal data stats courtesy of king nerd Opta Joey Deacon

Jesus Christ, put Championship Manager in the bin

So I think you’re saying this “Ange ball” hype is all bollocks.

And who is this Joe deacons fella??

So I think you’re saying this “Ange ball” hype is all bollocks.

And who is this Joe deacons fella??
Im not saying it’s bollocks at all, he clearly has a style of play but I can’t imagine he will be as rigid as Conte and will find a way to adapt it for Kane’s goals and all round class.

Im not saying it’s bollocks at all, he clearly has a style of play but I can’t imagine he will be as rigid as Conte and will find a way to adapt it for Kane’s goals and all round class.

Be interesting to see.

I’m a fan of the concept of having the right people “on the bus”. If you don’t want to be part of the journey then get off. Get the right people in the right seats.

Harry is definitely a person you want on the bus. But what happens when he doesn’t want to be on it?

If Harry wants to leave and he changes his tactics / approach to fit Harry into the team then the whole team ethic / culture that is being discussed is compromised immediately.

His long term project gets sacrificed for the short term gain of Harry Kane. Who he then loses for £0 in 12 months.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens next.

Be interesting to see.

I’m a fan of the concept of having the right people “on the bus”. If you don’t want to be part of the journey then get off. Get the right people in the right seats.

Harry is definitely a person you want on the bus. But what happens when he doesn’t want to be on it?

If Harry wants to leave and he changes his tactics / approach to fit Harry into the team then the whole team ethic / culture that is being discussed is compromised immediately.

His long term project gets sacrificed for the short term gain of Harry Kane. Who he then loses for £0 in 12 months.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens next.
Kane has always been the model pro so I’m sure he will knuckle down and follow the instructions given

Your original point (that Levy only got the cheque book, this year, due to others spending, Kane leaving next year, and fear of dropping down the table) was destroyed by facts.

But now you're saying that Levy has been spending since 2018

Thanks for agreeing with my original post to you, which showed exactly that but you dismissed
Look mate I suspect you’re a bit brighter than you’re letting on and you get my points so I’ll leave it at that…

quote the whole post for the context:

Tbf we have been going backwards for years, with others spending big Levy had little choice but to get the checkbook out unless he wanted bottom half and worse to come with Kane leaving the following year. Levy always has spent when back to the wall, it’s when we’ve needed ambition to go for the top he’s went AWOL. Looks like we are aiming to get back competing for Europe monie$ he’s missing so well done him…

Our backs are too the wall after last season, our backs our to the wall since 2018 when he went AWOL in supporting Poch (something Woolwich seemed to have learned from this year) and we have been on a downward trajectory since, again your simplistic viewpoint misses the real issues...

I would say that 2019 we bought Ndombele and Lo Celso - Pochs No1 targets, for club record fees and also on huge wages. Money spent on managers desires, when ENIC were trying to push on from a CL final and another Top 4 finish, despite just about getting 4th after a horrendous end to the season.

Whilst it didn't pan out and the summer of 2018 was a real letdown, there is blame on Poch's side too for not being flexible on incomings.

I think our downward trajectory is much, much more nuanced than you're admitting too.

Look mate I suspect you’re a bit brighter than you’re letting on and you get my points so I’ll leave it at that…
Translation;

I tried moving the goalposts, fucked it up by contradicting myself but can't admit it, so I'll try something belittling to get out of it.

Oh, and talking about being bright, it's
cheque book btw, not "check book".

:adethumbup:

Last edited:
Translation;

I tried moving the goalposts, fucked it up by contradicting myself but can't admit it, so I'll try something belittling to get out of it.

:adethumbup:

Oh, and talking about being bright, it's
cheque book btw, not "check book".
Stateside we say checkbook mate but glad I could educate you. I'm aware of the British spelling as I lived there half my life so unfortunately you're not looking too bright here again... sorry mate...

Stateside we say checkbook mate but glad I could educate you. I'm aware of the British spelling as I lived there half my life so unfortunately you're not looking too bright here again... sorry mate...
with others spending big Levy had little choice but to get the checkbook out unless he wanted bottom half and worse to come with Kane leaving the following year.

Our backs are too the wall after last season, our backs our to the wall since 2018 when he went AWOL in supporting Poch (something Woolwich seemed to have learned from this year) and we have been on a downward trajectory since, again your simplistic viewpoint misses the real issues...

No contradiction here no sir.

I suspect that you're not as bright as you think you are.

No contradiction here no sir.

I suspect that you're not as bright as you think you are.
May be the case as I no longer have any idea wtf you're talking about.

For the record I have zero interest in anyone that spells anything wrong or does a grammatical error as that's not why we come on Spurs forums. I was just correcting your ignorant attempt at a put down. As you seem a little insecure that you gotta keep going with this I'll let you have the last word, think about it and give it you're best shot... then we can get back onto talking about how shit ENIC are and how they take people like you're good self for mugs...

For the record I have zero interest in anyone that spells anything wrong or does a grammatical error as that's not why we come on Spurs forums. I was just correcting your ignorant attempt at a put down. As you seem a little insecure that you gotta keep going with this I'll let you have the last word, think about it and give it you're best shot... then we can get back onto talking about how shit ENIC are and how they take people like you're good self for mugs...
Wow,

Complains about put downs , but started the put downs.

Says "you can have the last word " as I'm insecure but can't let it go, even after saying that you'll " leave me to it"

:harrylol: :harrylol: :harrylol:

Now I know, not think, that you're not as bright as you think you are.

Thanks for letting me have the last word btw.

I’ve read this post about 10 times and yet I still have no fucking idea what ur point is.

I’ve read this post about 10 times and yet I still have no fucking idea what ur point is.
Glad you took the time to read it 10 times, maybe you care to read the posts that lead up to it 10 times to help assist you, if not I couldn’t give a fuck 👍

170m on Rice and Havetz isn't worth it. If we have that money to spend we can spend a lot wisely than that and still get quality players.

Back
Top Bottom