Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maddison is actually a brilliant signing, genuinely.
But it changes nothing, enic are still a joke and all need to move on. We all know they cheaped out on the goalie and it won't be the last time this summer...enic and levy out....

They didn’t ‘cheap out’ on the goalie. He’s very highly rated.

Do your research then apologise.

Here’s your shoes

polka dot clown GIF by Good Old War

If it’s just Maddison and the Gk then the window will have a been a total failure. We need at least 6 probably about 7-8 players including 1 GK, 2/3 CB’s, 1 CM, 1 AM, 1 LWF and then to sell/loan out about 12 players. Of that we have bought 2 and sold 1. The deadwood aspect of the club is a drag and must be fixed this window.

Last summer window ended in disappointment after good work with Bissouma and ended up with just Lenglet when we needed two decent CB’s.

On a brighter note however I think with Ange style of player with apparently our scouts and the club using data metrics hopefully our transfers will be more on point than before, we just need to make them happen.
No question more are coming.

Question is about quality and the ambition to get Maddison level players in other key areas…

Good work.

I seem to remember getting pelters on this thread when I mentioned that the board are developing the club in such a way to benefit the community aswell as the football club.

Clearly they are.
I have a gooner mate from Tottenham, I love bring up things like this to wind him up whenever he starts talking shit about us. Reminding him that Spurs are helping his local community so he should really be thankful to the club.

certainly got that impression mate 👍

Jeez man this is getting a tad boring, the spelling reference was regarding me getting called out for spelling ‘checkbook’ wrong. I merely pointed out it was correct spelling where I’m from and that I care little about spelling/grammar in relation to a footy forum. Next time to avoid all this I promise to spell chequebook… 💤
*football

Madison seems very good value and is creative quality.

Signings look good so far.
Few more are needed but no reason we shouldn't improve next season.
If things go well could be back in CL.
Apart from Man City you can't say anyone is guaranteed to be top 4.
Goons and Toon will find it tougher with CL.
Man U need a striker.

Lots of clubs rebuilding at moment.
I think it could be competitive. Chavs, Scouse reds and us all have a chance to kick on.

Madison seems very good value and is creative quality.

Signings look good so far.
Few more are needed but no reason we shouldn't improve next season.
If things go well could be back in CL.
Apart from Man City you can't say anyone is guaranteed to be top 4.
Goons and Toon will find it tougher with CL.
Man U need a striker.

Lots of clubs rebuilding at moment.
I think it could be competitive. Chavs, Scouse reds and us all have a chance to kick on.
It's a pain in the arse and not good commercially of course, but no Europe will be helpful for this season. Especially late in the campaign when you'd assume the rivals for top 4 might still have knockout matches in Europe.

I know the Trust get lambasted on here (I'm guilty), however, their annual survey is open.

Yes it's long and yes some things may never change, although if you don't let them (ENIC, through the Trust) know something is wrong then nothing will ever change, will it?
Yes I'm quoting myself - shoot me.

There were less responses to this survey than the season before?! If people are that pissed off, why not use this method to get your views across? Ridiculous! :disdain:

Update on our annual survey
Our ninth end of season fan survey was open from Monday 12 June to Thursday 22 June. The survey was open to all Spurs supporters, including Trust members and non-members, Season Ticket holders, One Hotspur members and non-members, UK-based fans and overseas fans.

We’re pleased to have received over 5,000 responses to the survey. The sample covers a broad range of demographics. We’re now busy analysing the data and reviewing the many thousands of comments provided. We aim to present the findings in early August, before the new season kicks off.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the survey. Your responses will help us to adopt positions that reflect the views of the majority of Trust members, and the wider fan base, as well as guiding our approach to our dealings with the Club hierarchy. We’re grateful to everyone who helped spread the word, including our friends at The Spurs Show, Last Word on Spurs, The Extra Inch, The Fighting Cock, The Cheese Room, The Game Is About Glory, THFC Flags, football.london, The Athletic, SpursAbility, SpursREACH, Proud Lilywhites, and others.

We won't get any Harry money. Levy will demand a fee nobody will pay and he will stay 1 more season and leave on a free.

There's no plan, not even a semblance of one, and we will be nowhere near the CL next season.
If the new guy gets us 6th then that’s a job well done. I think that’s where we are at the moment.
The highlights of our season was Woolwich finishing 2nd & then making fun of west ham winning a cup we weren’t rent good enough to qualify for. I think next season will be the same. Woolwich losing will be our biggest highs.

It was last season if we are honest wasn’t it. It was the happiest most got on here. Maybe you weren’t bothered but most of our fans were over the moon with it.
Being over the moon (last season) at Woolwich losing (bottling) is one thing - however you suggested that was ALL we had to look forward to?

I call bullshit to that.

Yes I'm quoting myself - shoot me.

There were less responses to this survey than the season before?! If people are that pissed off, why not use this method to get your views across? Ridiculous! :disdain:

Update on our annual survey
Our ninth end of season fan survey was open from Monday 12 June to Thursday 22 June. The survey was open to all Spurs supporters, including Trust members and non-members, Season Ticket holders, One Hotspur members and non-members, UK-based fans and overseas fans.

We’re pleased to have received over 5,000 responses to the survey. The sample covers a broad range of demographics. We’re now busy analysing the data and reviewing the many thousands of comments provided. We aim to present the findings in early August, before the new season kicks off.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the survey. Your responses will help us to adopt positions that reflect the views of the majority of Trust members, and the wider fan base, as well as guiding our approach to our dealings with the Club hierarchy. We’re grateful to everyone who helped spread the word, including our friends at The Spurs Show, Last Word on Spurs, The Extra Inch, The Fighting Cock, The Cheese Room, The Game Is About Glory, THFC Flags, football.london, The Athletic, SpursAbility, SpursREACH, Proud Lilywhites, and others.
The reason for that is Cloake leaving the trust

Being over the moon (last season) at Woolwich losing (bottling) is one thing - however you suggested that was ALL we had to look forward to?

I call bullshit to that.
We shall see. You guys have been telling me for years we are on the up & will achieve big things. Then every season you are wrong. So I’d be a fool to trust you guys about things looking good for next season. Last summer we had a lot to look forward to apparently. In the end it was Woolwich finishing 2nd. But you might be right & we win a trophy or do really well next season. What’s your prediction?

We shall see. You guys have been telling me for years we are on the up & will achieve big things. Then every season you are wrong. So I’d be a fool to trust you guys about things looking good for next season. Last summer we had a lot to look forward to apparently. In the end it was Woolwich finishing 2nd. But you might be right & we win a trophy or do really well next season. What’s your prediction?
'you guys'? Eh?

Back
Top Bottom