Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Appreciate the response and I apologise for my outburst.

I have been subjected to a lot of ant semitic abuse over the years. Been harassed, threatened, had knives pulled on me and called a parasite, jew cunt, told Hitler was a good bloke, etc etc etc.

Even by other spurs fans.

Plenty of names to call Levy but for me, calling him a Parasite perpetuates a term still used to negatively describe Jews by groups that target us.
Apologies. I really don’t / didn’t mean to offend you.

Doesn't mean they didn't do anything.

Levy will have put crazy hours of his life into that project.
Using what as the guarantee? Give over , the banks , investors knew it was a safe bet & levy knew it was of little to no risk for him

I’m just happy we saved the Kane money to finance Lewis’s court case … roll on Tuesday

Doesn't mean they didn't do anything.

Levy will have put crazy hours of his life into that project.
Why was that? Because it increases the value of his investment (his primary objective). If he put that much energy and focus into improving the 11, we wouldn’t be in this perpetual, trophyless spiral.

Football is entertainment. The main problem ENIC have is this show has been the same for decades, it’s ground hog day every year. Nobody expect us to win anything, even a League Cup. Same strengths, same weaknesses.

They are very good at the stabilisation aspect but poor at the growth/entertainment aspect (on the pitch I mean not the infrastructure) and treat fans and players in a cold classless manner.

If this was the 80’s then I would expect entertainment and a good shot at a trophy, right now I hope for entertainment but have no expectation of a cup. In this respect they are better than Sugar and have left a strong infrastructure legacy but and that’s basically the level.

ENIC are not the Glazers or Everton but they are stale and cold and they don’t appear to have an answer for that. However I am not idealogical, I would have been happy to keep Sugar if he improved, but I would need evidence of change.

Last edited:
I have some questions about this thread and debate in general:

Is there value in people on the internet talking about the owners behaviour and highlighting things that other fans maybe hadn't realized?
Absolutely there is.
is the debate for those more casual fans?
Debate is good, regardless of who for.
Or is it just the same hardcore that have different opinions banging heads?
Definitely this.
What would it take for more casual fans to get involved and pressure the owners into selling or changing their behaviour?
I wouldn't call any of our fans "casual"

We have 55,000 plus home fans who are committed at every home game, but who aren't willing to do anything.

The problem I have is the repetition of ;

"Get out of my club"

"Bald cunt"

"One trophy in 23 years"

"Parasites"

"Cunts"

And the like.

We've all heard it a million times.
It adds, literally, nothing of any substance to the conversation and is a complete waste of time for those posting it, and everyone reading it.

Last edited:
Absolutely there is.

Debate is good, regardless of who for.

Definitely this.

I wouldn't call any of our fans "casual"

We have 55,000 plus home fans who are committed at every home game, but who aren't willing to do anything.

The problem I have is the repetition of ;

"Get out of my club"

"Bald cunt"

"One trophy in 23 years"

And the like.

We've all heard it a million times.
It adds, literally, nothing of any substance to the conversation and is a complete waste of time for those posting it, and everyone reading it.
Sorry steve but that is utter nonsense or at the very least it’s a one sided opinion . Many are bored to tears at people who are complacent with our footballing business approach .

To say it’s a waste on time , on a forum !?! Isn’t it all a waste of time yet we come and post .

I’d rather be passionate about change than passionate about acceptance

And you can’t comprehend that people have a similar feeling now ? Some saw the stadium build ( little cost to enic ) as the promised game changer , not really happened has it ? Some are bemused at the lack of ambition after the CL final to push on. Will someone being frustrated affect you ? Football is a form of tribal entertainment that evokes passion , without it it’s dead . ENIC are the epitome of sterile ,emotionless business . Applaud that if you want but nowt beats the feeling of success in whatever you do

Nah not really...despite all this we've still managed to sign good players, have one of the highest spends in the league over the past few years, play CL football and witness some of the best players in the world all under ENIC.

None of this happened in the Sugar years by the way.

I don't know what evoking passion has to do with actively wanting us to lost matches? I get the fact that people feel bemused and frustrated and fed up at the board but actively wanting us to lose matches is an incredible stretch

Sorry steve but that is utter nonsense or at the very least it’s a one sided opinion . Many are bored to tears at people who are complacent with our footballing business approach .

To say it’s a waste on time , on a forum !?! Isn’t it all a waste of time yet we come and post .

I’d rather be passionate about change than passionate about acceptance
Maybe read what I said again.

Discussion and opinions are fine.

Posting the same one liners time after time is boring.

Maybe read what I said again.

Discussion and opinions are fine.

Posting the same one liners time after time is boring.
As you always do . It’s repeat, gif about in someone’s head , then back to a tweet that the poster , later in the tweet admitted he wanted levy out .

I dunno , I respect people who despise levy , are indifferent to him or love him ( doubt there’s any) . To me , if it helps them get frustration out

If it’s a thread where you feel as if you are repeating yourself then leave it be . Some may repeat themselves but it’s because they want to.

People who repeatedly defend levy are actually gaining what as a Spurs fan ? Gaining what as a human ? Looking down on people who are frustrated ? That’s a bit weird

Nah not really...despite all this we've still managed to sign good players, have one of the highest spends in the league over the past few years, play CL football and witness some of the best players in the world all under ENIC.

None of this happened in the Sugar years by the way.

I don't know what evoking passion has to do with actively wanting us to lost matches? I get the fact that people feel bemused and frustrated and fed up at the board but actively wanting us to lose matches is an incredible stretch
You’re on a different planet to me and I’m very happy for you

As you always do . It’s repeat, gif about in someone’s head , then back to a tweet that the poster , later in the tweet admitted he wanted levy out .
I only do that to one poster who's only function on here is to call out other posters to garner a few "likes", or "funnies".
It's very simple, if they don't tag me, I ignore them.

I dunno , I respect people who despise levy , are indifferent to him or love him ( doubt there’s any) . To me , if it helps them get frustration out

If it’s a thread where you feel as if you are repeating yourself then leave it be . Some may repeat themselves but it’s because they want to.

People who repeatedly defend levy are actually gaining what as a Spurs fan ? Gaining what as a human ? Looking down on people who are frustrated ? That’s a bit weird

You’re on a different planet to me and I’m very happy for you
What does posting,

"GET OUT OF MY CLUB YOU BALD PARASITIC CUNT"

Add to any conversation or debate ?

If they're that frustrated then it's not healthy.
They'd be better off screaming at the wall .

I only do that to one poster who's only function on here is to call out other posters to garner a few "likes", or "funnies".
It's very simple, if they don't tag me, I ignore them.

What does posting,

"GET OUT OF MY CLUB YOU BALD PARASITIC CUNT"

Add to any conversation or debate ?

If they're that frustrated then it's not healthy.
They'd be better off screaming at the wall .
If it helps , it helps .

You know , we’ve got posters on here who , in the past, have wished death upon levy & yet get annoyed at someone calling him a cunt .

I get annoyed when people call Tottenham players cunts , yes even Dier , I mean he’s beyond useless but is he a cunt ? Even if he is , who cares

This thread has turned into an anti ENIC thread & I think a lot of it is justified . We are not at the gates of hell but we are also not in the garden of Eden , many thought the stadium toon is there , we were as much told do

My tuppence , I think ENIC are looking to sell , I think last season & Lewis’s situation pushed thst forward . Please don’t say Lewis is no longer ….. he hardly handed over the ownership of THFC to his daughter, just the control .

That’s why I think the ambition has always been fair to middling . It’s an investment, one eye on worth one eye on football accomplishments. We can float for quite a while now as the investment is stable . You know , for an investment company , to sit pretty is beyond fine

Sorry for delay I was talking to my wife about candles

Back
Top Bottom