Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, I have been a bit lazy and I haven't read enough on that: in a few words, why has Levy not agreed the naming right for the stadium yet?

Depends what you mean by "foreseeable".

Live football will return, and when it does we are a revenue behemoth (and UNTIL it does, every club in the world is struggling, we are in no way unique).

If we left the squad to rot in the meantime we would emerge to a much less favorable revenue climate, it would be the height of FINANCIAL irresponsibility to starve the football operation of resources.

And we've really done well to stretch every penny to maximize the resources we're making available for the win-now timeline of Mourinho. In two years we will very probably be in need of significant investment, but in two years we will surely also be selling tickets again.

We'll argue the Poch and stadium mishegas until our dying days, but since Mourinho's appointment the club's planning around him has been very sensible.
Yes I agree and there is no way we could have had no signings but 6 signings is more than I think anyone on here hoped for. whilst I do not recall a poll and do not go in the Transfer thread, I think if polled a very low % would have predicted 6 signings. Not only that they are looking like good signings and not ones for the future like Sess & Clarke.
Financially we will undoubtedly make a loss this season and even if the debts are long term, we still are paying stadium staff for no work, Foreign TV money is in doubt as not happy at KO times and PL clubs being pushed to financially support lower league clubs.
I do not know what foreseeable means either but if asked in May I would not have expected the recent announcement stopping it for next 6 months.

Yes I agree and there is no way we could have had no signings but 6 signings is more than I think anyone on here hoped for. whilst I do not recall a poll and do not go in the Transfer thread, I think if polled a very low % would have predicted 6 signings. Not only that they are looking like good signings and not ones for the future like Sess & Clarke.

Sess & Clarke combined cost about as much in net transfer fees as our entire haul this Summer.

Reguilon was a meaningful expenditure, and a somewhat financially unfavorable one since if he shines he'll be bought back for not much more than we paid. But the others were brought in darn near miraculously cheaply.

I've often been critical of Levy for misperceiving the market. He's played a blinder in this window.

Good question... I am certainly not desperate to see our stadium marked with a brand, quite the opposite. It's just something that (a bit sadly) I was expecting .
I have thought for a long while that he's more interested in the Tottenham Hotspur brand than an 'Amazon' (for example) Stadium.

The NFL games at Spurs mentioned Tottenham Hotspur so many times to a global audience, I think that alone was worth millions. Of course that was all pre-covid/lockdown so the goal posts may have now changed.

I have thought for a long while that he's more interested in the Tottenham Hotspur brand than an 'Amazon' (for example) Stadium.

The NFL games at Spurs mentioned Tottenham Hotspur so many times to a global audience, I think that alone was worth millions. Of course that was all pre-covid/lockdown so the goal posts may have now changed.
That sounds pretty good for us fans and clever for Levy (although as a fan I don't like to see us a s a brand, but that's what we also are and I can live with that)
I haven't got much into the NFL side of the show, but I feel curious to see what I make of it, and I might watch the next game, whenever it will be

To me as long as Spurs are clearly prioritised it's all good news, and in this moment I cannot be happier (but sad about the old WHL)

Or you could just admit you don't understand corporate fiance and stop embarrassing yourself.

Spurs have 530m of debt but that's all adequate covered with two term bonds. Spurs also had 135m cash on hand money clearly visible in the last club accounts, so not some made up word on the street bollocks.

My understanding of "fiance" is just fine thanks. My feeling that there is more to this is nothing to do with the availability of funds but Daniel's track record of unwillingness to spend due to the impact on the value of the club on his exit. I genuinely think Amazon have skin in the game here. We will see.

My understanding of "fiance" is just fine thanks. My feeling that there is more to this is nothing to do with the availability of funds but Daniel's track record of unwillingness to spend due to the impact on the value of the club on his exit. I genuinely think Amazon have skin in the game here. We will see.
We've spent more than the Dippers in the last 5 years.

FUCK

OFF

NIGEL

YOU

COCKWOMBLE
Lol let me guess they bought a couple of new players, mostly 3rd rate ones but we will skirt over that..so now they are gods among men, and we should all stop criticising them....despite all the bullshit they have been pulling..so if your wife cheated on you but then said sorry and took you away for a dirty weekend and promised not to do it again, would you just forget it ever happened and be all happy happy joy joy...most of us sane people know the answer to that is fuck no..get out you dirty bitch, I am done with you !!

Lol let me guess they bought a couple of new players, mostly 3rd rate ones but we will skirt over that..so now they are gods among men, and we should all stop criticising them....despite all the bullshit they have been pulling..so if your wife cheated on you but then said sorry and took you away for a dirty weekend and promised not to do it again, would you just forget it ever happened and be all happy happy joy joy...most of us sane people know the answer to that is fuck no..get out you dirty bitch, I am done with you !!
They Blew it when we were so close & just needed them to go for it for once. May never get back in that position again.

Back
Top Bottom