Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To take Spurs from where they were 20 years ago to where they are today. I think that is the sign of a great boss. But you right. I don't know much about his abilities as a leader.

How much did that have to do with Levy being a great boss and him taking advantage of the natural advantages that Spurs had/have?

Credit to him for capitalizing on those things, but he didn't exactly take over Burnley and make them into one of the richest clubs in the world. He took over a London based club, with a massive fan base, a strong history and one of the bigger clubs in the country.

I am not sure that Levy did something that many other owners couldn't have done as well based on the club that we are. In fact it is likely many other owners could have done even more.

How many times have you posted that now, must be nearing 20 times?
I don’t even have press to show ignored content to know it’s the highlighted bit about when ENIC took over a share in another club. Not about us whatsoever, but about Rangers.

It’s like asking Levy if he likes going shopping in the supermarket. He responds with “I hate going there”. All of a sudden, the supermarket thing is forgotten and Levy hates going to our stadium to watch games.

Not quite the made up shite that’s usually peddled on here, but massively taken out of context. And this fanny has been told this so often, he knows this to be true, yet still he persists. Any good points he has about the board continue to dilute with his ongoing posting of false information.

Just a joke mate. Obviously a poor one.
Now I've read it again, I think it was a case of...

tenor.gif

People singing that they wish Levy would die are a bunch of cunts, end of.

He has done good for this club on the business side, both him and ENIC are utterly failing on the football side and the protests are justified for the shit they have pulled.

But wishing death on someone? Fucking bunch of wronguns.

How much did that have to do with Levy being a great boss and him taking advantage of the natural advantages that Spurs had/have?

Credit to him for capitalizing on those things, but he didn't exactly take over Burnley and make them into one of the richest clubs in the world. He took over a London based club, with a massive fan base, a strong history and one of the bigger clubs in the country.

I am not sure that Levy did something that many other owners couldn't have done as well based on the club that we are. In fact it is likely many other owners could have done even more.

If it were so easy then Sugar would have been able to do the same instead of nearly getting relegated every season - same goes for all of the clubs that were in a comparable or better state (Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds)

If it were so easy then Sugar would have been able to do the same instead of nearly getting relegated every season - same goes for all of the clubs that were in a comparable or better state (Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds)
London has been a notable advantage for Spurs over the clubs you mention.

But Sugar's steadfast view that football was a business led him to totally misunderstand the football business. He didn't grasp the game he was playing.

Sugar bitched about Carlos Kickaball, Woolwich signed Arsene Wenger.

I don't think Sugar has the same money or approach to running a team that ENIC did. And did I ever say "it was so easy"?

Again, I am not saying they did nothing, they took advantage of the opportunity but much of what they did was due to things already in place not due to things that Levy did.

Spurs we part of the "big five" when the PL was formed. That was 10 years before ENIC took over. They weren't some small club that Levy elevated to high status because of brilliant decisions.

But yes you are right if you are poorly managed things can go wrong, so I guess congrats on Levy for not being a shit owner. Not exactly a high bar some people set for him is it?

London has been a notable advantage for Spurs over the clubs you mention.

But Sugar's steadfast view that football was a business led him to totally misunderstand the football business. He didn't grasp the game he was playing.

Sugar bitched about Carlos Kickaball, Woolwich signed Arsene Wenger.

If you look back through the history of football being in London hasn't ever been an advantage - geographically the North West of the country is far more successful

Back
Top Bottom