Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is Great about it? That it backs up your anti levy stance? I get no enjoyment reading such articles criticising the club. .
Or is it this quote from the article you like.
' It must be remembered that this is a club that does not have the global fanbases of Manchester United nor Liverpool, while neither do they have a Russian oligarch nor an Arab state funding their success.'

Joan is right but your explanation is a take I had not thought of. I first heard the expression in Doncaster at the races about 40 years ago
Why would a coin hit anyone on the back of the head?

Even if they're short, it would hit them on the top of the head.
Heard it years ago myself but with the preface "He's so tight........"

Passes it to Levy here he comes now and he's dodged another expensive signing!!!!

He's away cuts inside OH OH! he's signed another N'Jie and what's this? Is he gonna do it? HE IS YOU KNOW!!! he's sold Kane and invested the cash in a cheese room. MAGNIFICENT from Levy, oh you bald beauty!!!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Jose needed players that didn't need coaching basically - so he didn't have to do anything

The fucking idiots making excuses for that cunt lately are unreal
No need to get offensive. You, not being an idiot like some of us, could probably give some intelligent and intellectual insight into how any other coach (including Poch if you are a fan) could have played things differently with the same team.

Please shed some of your wisdom to us idiots. Who knows, you could have the answer to Harry Kane leaving.

In fact it's not too late for you to hand in your CV. Levy is still looking for a solution to his manager dilemma. Maybe you could make him and the fans happy by coaching the same team to winning some or other trophy. You'd be a Legend.

Found this on Reddit, and this is only since 2008.

I certainly wish Moussa Sissoko and the others all the success in the world next year wherever they apply their trade....

Joking aside, the top players in that list certainly justified their tantrums when leaving the Lane...Hard to think of a player off hand that left us to”win things” at a top level that didn’t go on to fulfil their ambition....

Sure.

Not sure that’s the one. Doesn’t mention Levy once. Certainly nothing about him holding on to players, or letting them dictate things. Doesn’t even seem like there’s any opportunity in that interview to dig out Levy, but you managed it.

Just really says our players are spineless.

Not sure that’s the one. Doesn’t mention Levy once. Certainly nothing about him holding on to players, or letting them dictate things. Doesn’t even seem like there’s any opportunity in that interview to dig out Levy, but you managed it.

Just really says our players are spineless.
Yip. That's exactly what says. Levy didn't sell these spinless players like Dele, Aurier, Winks, Dier, Davies, Toby and Eriksen (until Levy knew he had no option). He wouldn't invest in players eager to play for Jose. All the players who left their hearts on the field are now looking to get out of Spurs. Is it coincidence? I don't think. Kane was saying what he needs to without risking his well deserved bonuses and payouts.

Yip. That's exactly what says. Levy didn't sell these spinless players like Dele, Aurier, Winks, Dier, Davies, Toby and Eriksen (until Levy knew he had no option). He wouldn't invest in players eager to play for Jose. All the players who left their hearts on the field are now looking to get out of Spurs. Is it coincidence? I don't think. Kane was saying what he needs to without risking his well deserved bonuses and payouts.
Maybe Poch and Jose wanted to keep those players? That seems more likely, considering a few you mentioned played a lot of matches for both. Whilst we had a reasonable bench.

We also signed a fair number of players for Jose last summer. Each one I’m sure got Jose’s sign off on.

Who in the last couple of years have left their heart on the pitch? Kane most of the time. Lamela every time. Even Doherty never hid when having his almost constant nightmare. The rest? Fuck em. Their lack of effort and heart isn’t on Levy not selling them.

Back
Top Bottom