Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An interesting couple of points in the football365 mailbox...
Hand off
On the issue of the Llorente handball last night, you said in 16 Conclusions: ‘It was a goal that will surely not count when proposed rule changes are brought into action’. I disagree. Let’s look at that proposed rule change from the International FA Board:

‘For example, a goal scored directly from the hand/arm (even if accidental) and a player scoring or creating a goal-scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm (even if accidental) will no longer be allowed.’

Llorente neither:
1. Scored directly from the hand/arm. It hit his hip and then possibly a City defender’s hand before going in.

2. Created a goal scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from his hand/arm. Surely this provision cannot apply to him. He certainly didn’t control the ball with his arm. Can he have ever been in possession of the ball? It glanced off him, so no.

Apart from all of that, his arm was glued to his side at all times. There was no, even accidental, advantage gained, as if his arm hadn’t been there, the ball would’ve just hit his side.

The proposed new rule, as I see it, is aimed at those who accidentally gain an advantage by handling the ball, which advantage leads directly to a goal.

The proposed new rule still allows for accidental handball to go unpunished in some limited circumstances, and I believe last night’s goal was one of those circumstances.

What think ye?
Tim O’Keeffe, Roscommon, Ireland
There was something in the air last night,
The VAR was right,
Fernando
Even tho it came off his hand
The goal would stand
Fernando

Genuinely, one of the most incredible games of football you'll ever see.

The start. The drama. Incredible.

And it was fucking SPURS... yes SPURS that fucking prevailed.

COYS!!!!!

Legendary.

Cleansheet at home.
Lloris penalty save.
No Kane or Winks in the second leg.
3 goals scored away at the Eithad
Sissoko going off injured.

Bottle, bollocks and lots of them.

COYS!!!!!

1646.jpg

Breaking News

Somewhere in a small village in Ireland a balding, ginger fat 53 year old man was running around his garden, shouting at the moon and at the top of his voice.
"FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING CHEATING OIL MONEY, PARASITE OF A CLUB"

Dogs barking, alarms going off, absolute mayhem.

Apologies to all my neighbours.

Last edited:
I've said this all along, this is one of the major reasons why VAR is vital for the game. Aguero is offside. That goal changes the season of both these clubs enormously, both in footballing and financial terms, and maybe the history of the clubs, who knows.

Every season you see this bullshit in games, especially major games, games being decided by bad refereeing calls, not players (and it’s not always referees fault the calls are bad).

And don't tell me that spoilt the fucking drama ? That was drama at it's most wonderful. 9/10ths of the stadium goes nuts only to be punched collectively in the nuts and our fans to go nuts. That VAR moment was as good as any goal moment we had tonight. I was absolutely pissing myself, the elation from thinking the fickle hand of football had fist fucked me once again, to the utter delirious joy of realising it had in fact reached around and tossed me off.

Last edited:
Some people have said they would take a league cup or FA cup over top 4. But this is what being in the CL brings, massive nights against Europe’s elite. Dortmund and Real last year, getting through through the group this year, and now beating City. What a fucking feeling.

The best Bluemoon quotes so far:

Away gaols need scrapping. It’s just a joke. We didnt lose for fuck sake.

Eh, what about last week, dickwad? You did lose that one, didn't you. We conceded zero at ours, you conceded 3 at yours, and you think you should go through? Away goals are almost as great as VAR.

I need to go and have a long sit down in a nice quiet place.

The City of Manchester Stadium ought to do the job on Saturday mate.

If there was one trophy I wasnt arsed about this was it. Want the other three.

Yeah, the league cup is where it's at to be fair. No one even watches the CL.

Monaco, Dippers and now the Spuds. 3 teams we're better than but who have knocked us out.

And there we have it, Scouse levels of delusion.

Win on Sat and not one fuck will be given.

Yeah, course. Not one fuck will be given by me to be fair, but then I've got a CL semi to look forward to.

So many side moments to enjoy last night. Trippier’s shhhh to the City fans, Wanyama just chuckling when the Silva goal goes in just WTF is going on, Poch, Toni Jimenez and Jesus Perez all screaming in each other faces at the end...

Always enjoy Toby’s celebrations. Gets in amongst it and gives it the big one, no ego, just celebration, aggression, desire all wrapped into one. Fucking have it Toby

12427482-0-image-a-35_1555582662886.jpg

Back
Top Bottom