Match thread: Reading vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was Arry taking the piss out of "70 page dossiers" then? Look I don't want to get in the Arry debates on here now particularly, but fuck sake man, sort yourself out. Did AVB sack you?

Good old Arry, eh? "I am amazing, I'm triffic, I'm the best".

Pyro_era said:
Just realized it's in 2 weeks, oh well.

We're going to win this game, trust me. :parker: should be back too

Ole ole oleeeeeee

hugo lloris! :lloris: (Which means it'll be a clean sheet)
START THE QPR THREAD NOW!

S.L.R said:
Was Arry taking the piss out of "70 page dossiers" then? Look I don't want to get in the Arry debates on here now particularly, but fuck sake man, sort yourself out. Did AVB sack you?

Good old Arry, eh? "I am amazing, I'm triffic, I'm the best".

Yep, it was a classic Harry comment- not particularly harsh towards any one individual or even generally malicious in it's content, but more than enough consciously put out there for the media to make a story of.

Cripps14 said:
Cannot wait for todays celebrations to become GIFs.

But on another note:

Tottenham hand Sandro a licence to roam and Reading are left exposed
Flexibility and fluidity of Sandro, Moussa Dembélé and Gylfi Sigurdsson impressive in Spurs' 3-1 defeat of Reading

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/sep/16/tottenham-sandro-flexibility-reading?CMP=twt_gu

Pretty good article.

Spot on with this point:

Lennon's run was also an example of André Villas-Boas's influence. Under Harry Redknapp the winger received the ball to feet, then attempted to dribble past the full-back – but he is now expected to make intelligent, purposeful off-the-ball runs to collect passes played in behind the defence.

Blanchflower said:
Cripps14 said:
Cannot wait for todays celebrations to become GIFs.

But on another note:

Tottenham hand Sandro a licence to roam and Reading are left exposed
Flexibility and fluidity of Sandro, Moussa Dembélé and Gylfi Sigurdsson impressive in Spurs' 3-1 defeat of Reading

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/sep/16/tottenham-sandro-flexibility-reading?CMP=twt_gu

Pretty good article.

Spot on with this point:

Lennon's run was also an example of André Villas-Boas's influence. Under Harry Redknapp the winger received the ball to feet, then attempted to dribble past the full-back – but he is now expected to make intelligent, purposeful off-the-ball runs to collect passes played in behind the defence.

I said this about Lennon in another thread - actually that Lennon didn't have the football brain to be doing this kind of thing. Many,many people I know have been left infuriated by him not doing this kind of thing naturally,it's the most basic of instincts in attacking play. Whenever I've seen him,for Spurs or England tbh,he's just never done this so it can only be AVB drumming it into him if he finally does this even once. And if he does start doing this regularly he could become invaluable.

Éperons said:
VirginiaSpur said:
Don't think there are a lot of tactical lessons to be gleaned from this match.
I don't really agree. It was hard for me to follow the midfield in the match, but it really looked like these three were clicking, covering for each other all over the place. It was very, very exciting, and it was exactly what I want to see more of (Sandro going box-to-box and not sitting back as a DM).
Dude, it's Reading. I'd be very worried if they weren't. All due respect to Reading, but we should be smashing newly promoted sides. There's a tremendous gulf in quality, and we can't pat ourselves on the back too much and think we've done everything perfectly correct just because we beat them.

We should have controlled possession and we did. Their consolation goal went against the play, so I'm not too worried about that, but we were still very, very wasteful with the ball.

Also, another thing that infuriated me about the commentating was when they started talking about Spurs' "lavish spending over the summer and the new look Tottenham, having shelled out 56 million pounds."

Um, no mention about how much we brought in, or net spending? Cunts.

Ive never really seen Lennon getting the ball at his feet as being a problem, as he by and large always skins the full backs. It of course makes sense to lessen his work by making better runs, as it appears he learning under AVB.

My only gripe with Redknapp's use of Lennon, was when he took him off the right.

Will be interesting to keep an eye on his maturing under AVB.

VirginiaSpur said:
Dude, it's Reading. I'd be very worried if they weren't. All due respect to Reading, but we should be smashing newly promoted sides. There's a tremendous gulf in quality, and we can't pat ourselves on the back too much and think we've done everything perfectly correct just because we beat them.

Would this be in the same way Utd and City (at home) smashed Southampton

sammyspurs said:
VirginiaSpur said:

and Reading went to Chavs and pushed them

Pie and Mash said:
sammyspurs said:
VirginiaSpur said:

and Reading went to Chavs and pushed them

Exactly.

We dominated from start to end, and the one blemish was that they scored. But thats football. To whine that we didnt win 8-0 and not let them touch the ball is a bit silly.

People sat at the back and at the very front of the block/stand were singing at every opportunity, a bunch of shit cunt fucks sat in the middle sat for the entire game. I just don't comprehend why people would spend in excess of £40 to not attempt to enjoy themselves.

Perhaps they were friends/family of people within the club so didn't pay.

Thelonious said:
People sat at the back and at the very front of the block/stand were singing at every opportunity, a bunch of shit cunt fucks sat in the middle sat for the entire game. I just don't comprehend why people would spend in excess of £40 to not attempt to enjoy themselves.

Perhaps they were friends/family of people within the club so didn't pay.

When I watched the goals on 101, there is a row of blokes in the middle just sitting there still when everyone else is jumping around like loons.....Might have been them. You sure they were Spurs?

Back
Top Bottom