Match thread: Reading vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I desperatly wanted to be there today! Sounded amazing on my stream as well, would've been an awesome first best 11 match to be at!

The 2nd paragraph was my theory, very bizarre mate. I was sat near the front, I'd start/or join in and then the back would wade in or vice versa. I was just happy that songs were being sung, the fact we were winning obviously helped. Reading were vocal but gave up at 0-2.

Can't help but feel that we're better suited to playing away, hopefully QPR will shatter my theory and indicate we've turned a corner.

Better suited to play away from home? Not sure I get this idea. Today we played 4-3-3, so we played better than when we played Sandro and Livermore in a 4-2-3-1.

If anything, we should be playing the 4-3-3 more at home than away.

S.L.R said:
Better suited to play away from home? Not sure I get this idea. Today we played 4-3-3, so we played better than when we played Sandro and Livermore in a 4-2-3-1.

just an opinion, seem to play with more freedom as we did at Newcastle.

No problem with the idea, at Newcastle we played better than the two home games despite still having Livermore and Sandro on. But then again, we had Rafa to help.

Thelonious said:
S.L.R said:

Teams are generally more attacking when at home, 90% of the league are more than happy to settle for a 0-0 at WHL and so just do everything they can to stop us from playing.

Blanchflower said:
Thelonious said:
S.L.R said:

Teams are generally more attacking when at home, 90% of the league are more than happy to settle for a 0-0 at WHL and so just do everything they can to stop us from playing.
yeah, that!

Ah I see, that makes sense. Actually we had Rafa against Albion too didn't we anyway. But still I think we have to wait and see how AVB sets out at he now he has a 'full' first team to utilise.

one thing i noticed was there was never anyone to pick up loose balls after a corner on the left side. i swear last season bale or bae was always there to cross it back over

didnt manage to watch the game today as was working up in edinburgh. Just seen match of the day and we looked sexy as fuck. Ok reading were shit and short of match fitness but dont underestimate the importance of the team getting that first win under the new man. If he gets them performing like this more often their trust and respect for him will grow and grow.

(although not sure about that weird, girly blue bracelet AVB wears. Anyone else clock that?)

jimmyriggle said:
didnt manage to watch the game today as was working up in edinburgh. Just seen match of the day and we looked sexy as fuck. Ok reading were shit and short of match fitness but dont underestimate the importance of the team getting that first win under the new man. If he gets them performing like this more often their trust and respect for him will grow and grow.

(although not sure about that weird, girly blue bracelet AVB wears. Anyone else clock that?)
He's probably just trying to make himself a little less attractive, it's hard being the envy of every man and the object of every woman...

haaaaang on, wtf am I saying, scratch that, he's just supporting some cause, has to be it!

Only managed to catch the highlights, good to see AVB celebrating, really wanna see him do well. Enjoying Sandro and Dembele, Defoe is working hard at his new role and pleasantly surprised, for once the England experience is helping!

Glad Hudd, Naughton and Townsend arent being frozen out. The glimpses of Siggy, Lennon and Bale looked improved. No doubt the bigger teams will expose us more but one game at a time. Hoping to see Lloris, Caulker, Dawson, Dempsey and Ade feature somehow against Lazio. It's nice to have first teamers to rotate!

In his post-match analysis with the team, I hope AVN shows the Reading goal to the players first. That's the type of loss of focus and concentration that's fucked us over in the past (Walker, I'm looking at you).

Overall, nice win and decent performance!

docomospur said:
In his post-match analysis with the team, I hope AVN shows the Reading goal to the players first. That's the type of loss of focus and concentration that's fucked us over in the past (Walker, I'm looking at you).

Overall, nice win and decent performance!
make that first AND last, gotta make sure they remember it when they leave the meeting!

Mmmmm tactics.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ty-reading

This match was decided in the centre of midfield, where Tottenham's talented trio of technical midfielders passed and rotated their way around Reading's static system. The understanding between Sandro, Moussa Dembélé and Gylfi Sigurdsson was particularly impressive considering this was their first match together – one would have expected Sandro to sit deep and leave the creativity to his midfield colleagues, but their flexibility and fluidity was crucial in breaking the deadlock.

Thought Vertonghen was immense yesterday. Won both aerial and ground tackles comfortably and always looks to build attacks from the back rather than the long punt forward. I having a feeling this guy is going to be great for us. :vert:

Back
Top Bottom