Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Throw-ins are a joke in general.

There's about 8 foul throws a game that don't get picked up on and no one takes them in the right place. I'm genuinely not surprised it wasn't called up on regarding where it was taken.

Poch: "I will accept the charge. Watching on TV my behaviour I need to accept. I need to apologise to Mike Dean, right or wrong how I complain and I cannot complain in that way. I want to apologise to Mike Dean and the people there. It is not the way to behave and I will accept.

"I feel sorry for [him not being 4th official tomorrow] because I wanted to see him to apologise in person. That doesn't mean I wasn't in my mind believing I was right but it's the way I did it."

"My behaviour wasn't too bad but there is a limit you cannot cross. I put my toes on the line but always I was respectful. When the emotion and frustration arrived after the game, for me it was the most important game to put pressure on teams above. I was so disappointed."

Rule 15:

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
  • stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline (Aurier please note)
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play
All opponents must stand at least 2 m (2 yds) from the point at which the throw-in is taken.

However Rose stole 5 yards (or 10 depending on who you believe). If he'd called Rose back no-one would have raised an objection.

Are we now choosing which Laws to follow, or which ones apply to us?

We now have a 'Mike Dean' thread - discussing said individual. Other fans must be looking at it an laughing. "Look, Spurs fans, always the victims"

We need to get over it (we're not Liverpool fans) and move on the tomorrow night.

Personally I think yards are always gained in throw ins situations, I think it happened so fast the officials didn't even notice it so there wasn't a call to be had.

Every game a player gains a few yards. I think it's something hardly ever at the forefront of a referees or linesmans mind with so many other things they need to be looking out for. Take the West Ham vs Liverpool offside goal as an incident. The linesman had to watch the ball at Lallanas feet in case there was a foul and this prevented him from even using his peripherals to see Milner being onside or offside a moment later. Throw ins aren't given the attention they require as they usually happen in low risk areas of the field, happen very quickly if chosen to be, aren't played to a refs whistle and occur when most people on the pitch, including the ref and linesman temporarily switch off.

I don't think Dean had any idea it had been taken so far away from the point the ball left the field, I do however think he guessed for their corner when if you are 50/50 the decision should be one that potentially least impacts the game.

I do however think he guessed for their corner when if you are 50/50 the decision should be one that potentially least impacts the game.

Maybe. The linesman was 10m away from Hendrick/Vertonghen and should have spotted it. We know it was a goalkick because we had replays from 5 angles. Not available to the officials. VAR?

We got lucky with the Rose throw. There would have been no dispute if Dean had blown up and asked him to retake it.

Maybe. The linesman was 10m away from Hendrick/Vertonghen and should have spotted it. We know it was a goalkick because we had replays from 5 angles. Not available to the officials. VAR?

We got lucky with the Rose throw. There would have been no dispute if Dean had blown up and asked him to retake it.

Agreed but I honesty think the thought didn't even enter their heads when it came to the throw. The corner on the other hand a decision had to be made and it was guesswork that officials shouldn't be making. If you don't see it you can't give it and Dean shouldn't and can't be making decisions like that at a crucial moment in the match. If he doesn't know who it comes off, it should be a goal kick

Such a class act. Mike Dean is lucky we have Poch as our manager. :pochsmirk:
a decent person would react to this and be magnanamous with us next time he officiates

however, I suspect Dean will be a little more

giphy.gif

If he gets a ban then he is a fucking melt. If he gets off scott free then they've clearly come to some arrangement.

If the FA try to make an example of him, I think that we need to challenge it, otherwise we just look like softies. Poch is in a class of his own and they need to recognise that.

Why can they not sort the sound out for the press Questions? Could have done with the Spurs Press officer stopping the constant questions about Poch & Dean. It went on too long and was a bit tortuous. He should have said that subject has been answered move on.

Back
Top Bottom