Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry.

What a manager David Pleat was - that ‘87 team with those players playing that style. Clive Allen 49 goals. The memories, he didn’t need to win silverware, we transcended such things that season.
I watched nearly every game that season and we were special
Tragedy we didn’t win something

You don't know that for definite, that was merely speculation.

And if Jose hadn't been sacked by Man It's he wouldn't have left them for us.

Maybe Poch grew fed up with Levy, maybe he was given promises that never materialised.

By all accounts he turned down the Real job to start with us.

Poch was loyal and deserves some respect. Some people forget the manager before him was Tim fucking Sherwood!
Have you read his reasons why he turned down the madrid job
You don't know that for definite, that was merely speculation.

And if Jose hadn't been sacked by Man It's he wouldn't have left them for us.

Maybe Poch grew fed up with Levy, maybe he was given promises that never materialised.

By all accounts he turned down the Real job to start with us.

Poch was loyal and deserves some respect. Some people forget the manager before him was Tim fucking Sherwood!
He didn't turn down the madrid job because of his love for spurs though

He'd just signed a 5 year deal and was basically fucked with levy as his boss he says that himself

The likes of Swansea, Birmingham, Portsmouth have won major honours in recent times whilst clubs like Luton and Oxford have done so on the not too distant past. Leicester won the league.

But you’re right clubs shouldn’t strive for the top especially a club like ours which is one of the wealthiest on the world and has won virtually everything in the game.

Funny old game
Don’t forget Wigan!

Yep, doesn't mean I would hate Jose and would certainly be grateful but we're just one of his clubs. He has no special feelings for Spurs, it's nothing but a job to him.

If we'd left it another week he could've ended up at Woolwich!

He's a man to respect but no, he doesn't pull on the heartstrings like Poch.

Sorry for adding some romance to football!

Pochettinho was loyal? Sorry did I imagine him talking about leaving us on the eve of the CL final? Or when he talked about managing PSG or how the Real job would be difficult to turn down?

Newsflash - it is a job for all of them and if you don't believe that then you are incredibly naïve. Just look at his backtracking recently on taking the Barca job, this a man who supposedly bleeds Espanyol.

Like many you have bought into a complete fantasy - the guy every bit the new Bielsa where many subscribe to the myth when in reality there is little substance to the man.

Last edited:
This is the same poch who if offered the man u job would of left us in a heart beat for it yeah?
I think he could have left us had he wanted to, but i know for sure he said he would leave if we won the CL against Pool, not the smartest thing to say before the biggest game in your life!

Have you read his reasons why he turned down the madrid job

He didn't turn down the madrid job because of his love for spurs though

He'd just signed a 5 year deal and was basically fucked with levy as his boss he says that himself
You have first-hand inside info on his conversations with Real then I take it?
So he doesn't love Spurs but signs a 5 year contract... I don't know what definition of loyalty you require

With who?

Certainly spawned a shocking performance on the night which continued until he quite rightly got sacked
I'm guessing his "I may be off" talk was aimed at Levy, maybe to induce greater transfer funds. I think Poch recognises that it was a pretty big mistake to come out with such divisive chatter .

I'm guessing his "I may be off" talk was aimed at Levy, maybe to induce greater transfer funds. I think Poch recognises that it was a pretty big mistake to come out with such divisive chatter .
I really don’t know what he was thinking of coming out with that remark but that ruined any chance we had in that final and the ref made sure

Our performances since Xmas that season were already poor and nosedived after that the following season

So he doesn't love Spurs but signs a 5 year contract... I don't know what definition of loyalty you require
What you fucking on about
So signing a contract with spurs shows you love spurs does it?
He said himself because he signed that contract and because Daniel levy was his boss it made it impossible to accept the real madrid job.
He wanted the madrid job and if he hadn't of just signed a new deal he would of accepted it

State of some of the comments on here.

:mourfacepalm:

Anyone would think turned from contenders to also-rans and not the other way around.

FFS, if you don't like the man and can't appreciate the job he did for us then fuck off.to another thread.

Cunts.

And you all know if you bumped into him in the street you'd each go weak at the knees and beg for selfie!

:harrysmile:

Whilst signing a five year contract may to some infer loyalty to others it also shows excellent business acumen. It guarantees a manager financial security for the next five seasons and in no way impedes him leaving a club if he wishes to do so.
The harsh reality is as Ossie Wembley stated earlier, it is just a job to all of them and under certain circumstances every manager's loyalty has a price tag attached.

What you fucking on about
So signing a contract with spurs shows you love spurs does it?
He said himself because he signed that contract and because Daniel levy was his boss it made it impossible to accept the real madrid job.
He wanted the madrid job and if he hadn't of just signed a new deal he would of accepted it
So some evidence of this or fuck off

My definition is not saying this

The 46-year-old had earlier been ambiguous over his future, telling the Spanish newspaper El Confidencial: “When Real Madrid call you, you have to listen to them
Did he say it, or was that just another unsubstantiated quote? Even if the quote is genuine, it could have been taken out of context or was maybe relating to something other than the Manager's position.

Back
Top Bottom