Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s not - look at the latest Deloitte figures ( the most reliable source for this) the differential is £61 million and that doesn’t factor in the commercial deals that the stadium will generate (i.e naming rights). Neither club is an elite club and both clubs financial capacity is relatively comparable. Again the increases in our payroll will be too recent to factored into any such figure. As for Milner, oh come on.
But we don't have a naming rights deal in place.

It’s not - look at the latest Deloitte figures ( the most reliable source for this) the differential is £61 million and that doesn’t factor in the commercial deals that the stadium will generate (i.e naming rights). Neither club is an elite club and both clubs financial capacity is relatively comparable. Again the increases in our payroll will be too recent to factored into any such figure. As for Milner, oh come on.
Could you dig these figures out for me please?

Milner doesn't set the world alight but he's relatively versatile, and has a terrific attitude. And I think he has more strings in his bow than a number of our CMs, and I don't think he is injury-plagued.

Could you dig these figures out for me please?

Milner doesn't set the world alight but he's relatively versatile, and has a terrific attitude. And I think he has more strings in his bow than a number of our CMs, and I don't think he is injury-plagued.

Just google Deloitte money league.

As Milner well the only comparable CM we have is Dembele and it isn’t even a contest.

But will do within the next 12 months at least.
Well, we ought to, but at the moment we are spending a great deal less on wages than Liverpool. Maybe the stadium will even things up for us, maybe it won't. Liverpool still have global appeal that we cannot reach.

Just google Deloitte money league.

As Milner well the only comparable CM we have is Dembele and it isn’t even a contest.
Do you mean that Milner is better than all of our CMs, with the exception of Dembele?

I am trying to cut you some slack here, I am trying to bring a bit of balance to the party. I am not calling you a moron, I have agreed with some of what you have had to say. I posted the figures I found. I think it is a poor show that you are refusing to do likewise.

Well, we ought to, but at the moment we are spending a great deal less on wages than Liverpool. Maybe the stadium will even things up for us, maybe it won't. Liverpool still have global appeal that we cannot reach.

Again we don’t know what our payroll is at the moment because of the impact of the new contracts we have issued. That is going to have a massive effect on this. Liverpool’s commercial reviewed may be greater than ours - whereas the NDP will easily outstrip match day revenues. It will balance itself out.

Do you mean that Milner is better than all of our CMs, with the exception of Dembele?

I am trying to cut you some slack here, I am trying to bring a bit of balance to the party. I am not calling you a moron, I have agreed with some of what you have had to say. I posted the figures I found. I think it is a poor show that you are refusing to do likewise.

Jesus there you go - it just required a google search, not hard.

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

As for Milner - well he can’t be compared against Dier or Victor because he isn’t a DM. He is comparable to Dembele and there is no contest.

Last edited:
Again we don’t know what our payroll is at the moment because of the impact of the new contracts we have issued. That is going to have a massive effect on this. Liverpool’s commercial reviewed may be greater than ours - whereas the NDP will easily outstrip match day revenues. It will balance itself out.
We have given a number of our players improved deals, but every club is doing that, including Liverpool. And they have signed players with big reputations in the interim, and are paying them very well indeed. Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and van Dijk are on big, big money. Wijnaldum is reportedly on £90k a week. Henderson (yeah, Henderson) on £100k.

And Liverpool have added 8,000 seats to their stadium, and if I am not mistaken, want to expand their ground even further.

And obviously I am hoping that our new stadium will be the great leveller, but we are going to be saddled with a heck of a mortgage.

Jesus there you go - it just required a google search, not hard.

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

As for Milner - well he can’t be compared against Dier or Victor because he isn’t a DM. He is comparable to Dembele and there is no contest.
I think Milner is a good utility option, and he pops up with some goals and assists, too. Dembele is always injured or highly compromised when he features, Wanyama is injury-ravaged. Dier is pissing a lot of people off, myself included. Sissoko also features in the middle of the park for us from time to time. And we needn't go down that rabbit hole.

Last edited:
We have given a number of our players improved deals, but every club is doing that, including Liverpool. And they have signed players with big reputations in the interim, and are paying them very well indeed. Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and van Dijk are on big, big money. Wijnaldum is reportedly on £90k a week. Henderson (yeah, Henderson) on £100k.

And Liverpool have added 8,000 seats to their stadium, and if I am not mistaken, want to expand their ground even further.

And obviously I am hoping that our new stadium will be the great leveller, but we are going to be saddled with a heck of a mortgage.

We have just made Poch one the highest paid managers in the game and we are adjusting virtually all of the playing squad with new deal ( clearly to reflect the added capacity due to the new stadium) . No club has engaged in that level increase - certainly not within that time frame.

As for their additional 8000 seats - it means absolutely nothing. The revenue generator is the corporate facilities and we light years ahead of them in that area. They can expand the ground all they want but they don’t have the ticket pricing capacity that we have nor do they have access to the London corporate/commercial market that we do.

Again the differential between the respective clubs financial capacity is that great - we are both in the same catergory of clubs.

My only stance is:

Spurs aren’t playing very good football.
Signings and injuries aside, we are not playing very good football.
We are woeful in the final third.
We don’t press.
I have no confidence that we can score any time right up until the 90th minute and beyond.
I’ve lost all confidence that even at 2-0 up, we should be ok.
I don’t think Poch is happy.
I don’t think the players are happy.

All the things Poch brought to the club, and the stability and confidence looks a little shakey right now.
I won’t be shocked if Poch walks, where as this time last year it would have left me stunned.

Now, people can talk about not signing Grealish etc as the root of all our problems, but you’re an intelligent and passionate fan, and surely you must share at least some of the concerns I listed above.

You were very clear to define what came out of Pochs mouth yesterday. Well he also said “I’ve never felt worse in my time here” despite the points tally.

So it’s not about Matt Law maybe or maybe not jumping on an opportunity to kick Spurs. I’ve defended Spurs all summer against the majority of this forum....just find it rich that as soon as I have complaint, everyone is the biggest and most pro THFC poster in the world suddenly.

Someone called Levy a bald Jewish cunt yesterday. And got less stick than me for saying Poch has a part in our poor style of play.

Says it all.
You didn't "defend Tottenham all summer" you vehemently attacked anybody who had a different opinion to yours. You just defended your idiotic idea of how things were going to pan out and now your delusions have burst and you're turning on Poch and the players, as predicted

Were Poch’s words Ill advised, maybe or maybe not but one thing I know Poch has been the least outwardly vocal manager in pretty much living memory at our club.

Levy appears to be one hell of a difficult barstard to work with and most manager prior to Poch had some form of bust up. If anything I have sometimes been hoping he would be more outspoken at times as mainly Poch talks but says nothing. Suggesting he is giving nothing away nor is he trying to piss of Levy.

This recent chat was different and quite uncharacteristic of Pochettino, to me more than the individual points he raised suggests he is either hoping a change of tactic will change Levy’s approach or more seriously he is looking to maybe go due to frustration. Hard to tell but I get a feeling this summer is going to be turbulent.
Even still I don't think there was much controversial about his statement. Pretty much just said what every fan has been thinking

How annoying is it going to be when I log off now AGAIN!

And you little babies didn’t get to bin me.
Bye! Unlucky cunt!
Try again, cunto

At least now you and your bird can finally enjoy that holiday together

large.jpg

Last edited:
Apart from he hasn’t been significantly more supported than Poch on signings has he? When has Poch had to sell his best player for example? Where is this major net spend that he has had where Poch hasn’t? They have been largely operating in the same market as us throughout and get out with the home venue nonsense. We’ve played in front of crowds of 80k and our form at Wembley has been good so that nonsense doesn’t wash.
Come on, Klippityklopp has been backed by FSG. Salah, Mane, van Dijk, Alisson and Naby Keita, they're spending left right and center and could afford to let Coutinho go (wasn't even their best player either). Not to mention they offer much larger wages than we do

Come on, Klippityklopp has been backed by FSG. Salah, Mane, van Dijk, Alisson and Naby Keita, they're spending left right and center and could afford to let Coutinho go (wasn't even their best player either). Not to mention they offer much larger wages than we do

Son, Sanchez, Moura and Sissoko - Poch has been given funds to spend so let’s not pretend that he hasn’t that he hasn’t broken our transfer record twice. As for Coutinho well he was their best player - it’s why he joined Barcelona and cost them £140 million. The wages argument hasn’t already been done.

Well, I disagree.

When Kane goes (which he won't), Levy will give Poch 10,000 pesos to spend on a replacement.

They broke the transfer record for a defender. We do not break transfer records. And that's why we missed out on our transfer targets; becuase we aren't prepared to pay the going rate (or, over inflated rate).
True. The only chairman to not spend a penny in a transfer window is very unlikely to pay anything close to 75m for a defender.

Son, Sanchez, Moura and Sissoko - Poch has been given funds to spend so let’s not pretend that he hasn’t that he hasn’t broken our transfer record twice. As for Coutinho well he was their best player - it’s why he joined Barcelona and cost them £140 million. The wages argument hasn’t already been done.
Net spend, mate

Back
Top Bottom