Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not convicted because it never went to court, it never went to court because his lawyers paid her off with a payment of $375k. He still rapped her though, he even describes it in his own words, or are you saying that he's not describing what rape is?
I asked had he been convicted.

Cruyff was pretty special too, not the greatest but a brilliant player
He sure was up there among the greatest ever players - up there with Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi.
F.ex. he won the European Cup (today's CL) 3 years in a row when Ajax - and the Dutch national team - revolutionized football (creating the "brand" of total football)
He had ball skills and vision, -and dominated/dictated games from his withdrawn center-forward position - to match any of the greatest players.
I consider these 5 players the best ever - maybe Pele being my choice as the best of the best.

Pele
Di Stefano
Messi
Maradona
Cruijff
Cristiano Ronaldo (I do not like him at all but he still one of the all-time bests, unfortunately)

Last edited:
People think a conviction is the only way something happened.

Jimmy Savile was never convicted. Nor was Epstein.
Epstein was imprisoned in a maximum-security jail while awaiting a rather long/severe sentence but died before he was sentenced while Savile escaped conviction simply because he died before people (many-many of them) came forward, so those cases do not compare to Ronaldo's (no, I am NOT a fan of Ronaldo at all) - firstly, because Ronaldo is still alive.

Epstein was imprisoned in a maximum-security jail while awaiting a rather long/severe sentence but died before he was sentenced while Savile escaped conviction simply because he died before people (many-many of them) came forward, so those cases do not compare to Ronaldo's (no, I am NOT a fan of Ronaldo at all) - firstly, because Ronaldo is still alive.
Doesn't matter.

A conviction doesn't determine whether something happened or not.

As ever, there has only ever been one player that was deemed the best player in the world from the age of 17-33.

Who still has a claim for it at 34.

Longevity outweighs everything imo, otherwise one could claim Ronaldinho is the GOAT, as his peak was higher than everyone in terms of outrageous ability.

The idea international football determines anything is nonsense. The Champions League is the pinnacle of football and Lionel Messi has owned it since he was 17.

He's still the best finisher in the world, he's still a top 10 passer, he's still a top 10 dribbler. Unlike Ronaldo, who has become a poacher, Messi still plays the beautiful game the beautiful way.
While i am messi over ronaldo you can only admire what ronaldo has done. Hes done it in the 3 top leagues in europe and adapted his game as he has got older despite not having messi like talent

Back
Top Bottom