Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He, along with the rest of our midfield, were all over the place n the first half. Yes he looked ok but that's like saying the slightly less mouldy food in the fridge is like French cuisine compared to the more mouldy food ie he looked good when everyone else was awful.
He simply lacks the basics and I find it hard to see what Poch values in him.

I don’t disagree. Had a few nice touches, but I thought he was awful against Newport.

As for what Pochettino values in him, well he’s a bit of a brute. I could see the value as an understudy to Wanyama. Pochettino probably felt he could get the best out of him more regularly.

Of course your opinion is as valid as everyone's ... but when it's challenged you resorting to name calling, hyperbole, and unsupported rhetoric? well that's hardly holding a reasoned debate ....

Poch gets an 'opinion' because he's a top six manager, if you want to be taken seriously you need to support your 'opinion' with evidence ....

Is your argument is "I don't need to provide evidence you need to challenge my imagination with facts" ... if you're that lazy that you can't support your own opinion that's just sad, at least put in a bit of effort ....

Don't be so soft

Only Spurs fans can see any good in him. Everyone else is pissing themselves laughing, and that’s a fact. You can’t build title winning teams having to rely so heavily on players as ordinary as him. Poch has a blind spot. Imagine if we had a proper footballer in his position*

*not sure what that is. Is anyone?
Perhaps Poch is too proud to admit he spunked 30m on a hopeless dud or is hoping by playing him more often can raise his stock slightly for the summer. Either way - someone from scouting should have been long fired for his abomination. Embarrassing scenes. Shocking shit.

Last edited:
I didn’t actually see the match. Had stuff on.

I can’t recall making a point about the match, I commented on you complaining that slating Sissoko was way over the top before saying you’d rather play with ten men than play ttippier. I was suggesting that may have been over the top.

And if your post was only about yesterday’s game, I apologise. But you made reference to Sissoko playing well with players who didn’t play yesterday and said Tripper is shit, not was shit, so I presumed you were talking on a wider level than just yesterday’s match.

So you rate Trippier and don’t rate Sissoko then?

Righto

I can’t see us ever being best mates, so I’ll not bother. You keep winning the internet though. I love the swearing hardman act.

I’ve no problem with you Pipes but if you don’t like swearing perhaps this isn’t the forum for you

Totally disagree with you about Sissoko though so why not try and watch Saturdays game?

He, along with the rest of our midfield, were all over the place n the first half. Yes he looked ok but that's like saying the slightly less mouldy food in the fridge is like French cuisine compared to the more mouldy food ie he looked good when everyone else was awful.
He simply lacks the basics and I find it hard to see what Poch values in him.

Good job you’re not our manager then

I thought Poch explained what sees in him quite eloquently

Maybe he is, but we’re a long way from the silky machine we were last season. Someone should be accountable.

I agree with you but my point is that blaming Sissoko for us not playing as well as last season, which seems to be what’s happening with this OTT criticism, is unreasonable

We're just 5 points worse off than last year and that's after playing 24 'away' games .... and in case you missed it we're in the last 16 of the CL .... so 'long way from the silky machine we were last season' is somewhat disingenuous ... or just blatant trolling .....

Yes the last 16 of the CL after finishing well top in the group of death with Sissoko playing well in the Bernebau

What would you put it down to then? Dembele won’t shoot, Dier is crap,Trippier is hopeless, and Sissoko is useless. So you’re right. It’s not just his fault. The team Poch selects has no balance. He’s overly defensive.

Yep, agree that Dembele, and Dier, along with Sissoko, add up to about 0% chance of scoring. When you have 70% possession, why have midfielders who are more adept to defending when its not really needed for the most part?

We missed Eriksen a lot last match.

Of course you’ve nothing against me, you don’t know me. I’m a stranger on the internet.

I’m honestly not going to watch a match that by all accounts is a shambles. Life’s too short for that. I’m happy to accept that Sissoko outperformed Trippier in that match, as I’ve to take the word of people who saw it. However, I wasn’t discussing that and there’s obviously no point in saying yet again what my point was as you do seem to have defending Sissoko as your cause celebre.

It’s great that you and Poch are in the same page on him. I’m stuck on the same page as everyone else who’s ever seen him “play football”, or whatever the hell that thing he does is called.

I really hope he either turns this around or leaves ASAP, preferably option one. I don’t know anyone who wants him to fail.

Fair enough

What would you put it down to then? Dembele won’t shoot, Dier is crap,Trippier is hopeless, and Sissoko is useless. So you’re right. It’s not just his fault. The team Poch selects has no balance. He’s overly defensive.

The balance isn’t right so I agree with you but you could put that down to injuries and transfers

We miss Walker
We miss a fit Danny Rose
We miss a fit Lamela but most of all we miss Toby
Diers best position is in midfield in front of Toby

So all of those factors contribute which makes the hysteria regarding it all being Sissoko’s fault all the more laughable

The price tag was barmy, incredibly frustrating watching this player, often in disbelief particularly with his lack of control. I do think most of us have been willing for him to turn a corner and have a really good game. It hasn’t materialised & whilst he has proved an energetic disruptor he is well short of what his price tag indicates he should bring to the team. His confidence is shot, unless he suddenly has an epiphany as a player he’ll be offloaded for a massive loss in the summer, end of... a panic punt that hasn’t payed off particularly in terms of what I believe he was acquired for.

Anyone joining me on Sissoko watch tomorrow night? Am genuinely looking forward to specifically at him to see if I can genuinely decide on his quality or otherwise.
Want to see what Poch sees in him that so many others don't.
Think I might see how he compares with Dier's performance (if dier in midfield) as I like dier but sometimes he seems to get an easy ride on here compared to Sissoko.

Back
Top Bottom