Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because unlike you, I come here to talk about Spurs and live my life in the real world.
Why the fuck would I let people like you know shit about me
Your world is about as real as your 100 posts a day here. Come here to talk about Spurs - hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahaha

You are an incredibly tolerant fan and I genuinely admire the way you stick up for the guy, but surely you understand that he gets playing time because his competition is either injured or off form. With a fully fit squad he wouldn't get closer than the bench.
He does have genuine assets as a footballer, but they are not sufficient for what we aspire to as a club. Yesterday was exactly where he would shine, somewhere where strength, speed and brawn would be an asset. He was probably our best player in the first half, but when everyone else started to click he looked more Newport standard than what we would hope for.
That last bit is spot on! First half was definitely our best player but the minute we started dominating he was just in the way like usual. In a team that practically week in week out plays teams parking the bus and having to play intricate pass and move in minimal space he is less than useless. He’s like a bull trying to tiptoe round a china shop without touching anything.

Because Tripper was SHIT and Sissoko wasn't. THAT is exactly the point being fucking made mate. How is that so fucking hard to understand?
Wonderfully measured response.

“I’m correct and everyone else is wrong, and I’m going to stamp my feet and hold my breath until everyone agrees with me!!!!”

Sorry, to be clear you thought Trippier was good yesterday?
I didn’t actually see the match. Had stuff on.

I can’t recall making a point about the match, I commented on you complaining that slating Sissoko was way over the top before saying you’d rather play with ten men than play ttippier. I was suggesting that may have been over the top.

And if your post was only about yesterday’s game, I apologise. But you made reference to Sissoko playing well with players who didn’t play yesterday and said Tripper is shit, not was shit, so I presumed you were talking on a wider level than just yesterday’s match.

The thread is long mate, there are a few posts.

Specifically it started about yesterday game, where he was one of our best players and questioned why like clockwork after he plays his thread lights up like a beacon despite this, happened yesterday and happens after every game he plays, despite him being far from the worst player on the pitch. Yesterday he an Jan were our best players over the 90 mins. (other players improved on their first half performance like Foyth who played better than Sissoko in the 2nd half but started the game very poorly and made many errors, other players in this category too).

My post that you jumped on made reference to yesterday and in general as the numerous posts since yesterday have been about him in a wider context, so entirely appropriate I feel.

I didn't say I'd rather play with 10 men than play Trips, I said it's like playing with 10 men when he plays. If you didn't see the game then how the fuck do you even know I'm being over the top? You are in no position to make such a judgement. If you are into self flagellation go watch the game and come back on here and then tell me I'm talking bollocks.
I can’t see us ever being best mates, so I’ll not bother. You keep winning the internet though. I love the swearing hardman act.

Saying Sissoko can't control or make easy passes is like saying Soldado can't shoot.

The real issue is confidence. When you are nervous and playing with fear you make mistakes, then one mistake makes it worse so it happens again and again... You don't play in the premier league so much and get capped by fucking France as many times as he has if you have shit technical ability regardless of how much of an athlete you are ffs.

This isn't to say that he has a Pirlo range of passing when the pressure is off but let's not be retarded and call him shit and say stuff like he wouldn't get into your shitty 5aside team (good grief).

Bad news is that he might never recover and be able to relax at this club, so we won't see the best of him.

Good news is that he's not hiding, he's full of effort (more than many other flops who were loved by certain fans), and his physical ability does allow him to be competent and event decent at times. He was great away to Madrid in fact.
There maybe some truth in what you say but I can only judge him as a player since he's been with us. Prior to us it was MoTD highlights or maybe the odd game (3 or 4) a year.

I'm a defender of his regarding the unwarranted abuse that comes his way but he hasn't demonstrated any technical ability whilst wearing a Spurs shirt. The best thing he did was last season against Burnley(???) when he woke the ball deep in our own half and broke away with pace the length of the pitch combined with a one-two with Rose and set him up to score. At no other point has he demonstrated any skill or technique.

So you know better than our manager? ..... so which top six club do you manage? ..... you hate away but when he's the best rated midfield player on the pitch 'then it's the other feckers' who have let us down ......

"He can’t shoot. He can’t cross. He can’t pass. He can’t dribble. He can’t hold a ball" .... you're are an idiot but I'll let you prove me wrong ... give us his statistics for those five categories .... let's see facts not blind prejudice ....
You must kidding me.
I can only say a player is shit if I’m managing a top 6 team? That argument is behind belief awful. One from a 12 year old.
I watch almost every game we play. And I watch in those said games sissoko “playing” he’s shit. And i don’t fucking care if he runs a little bit. That’s good enough for a harry redknapp team. Not a poch team.
I would let him go for free.
The statistics part is also very good. Show me statistics of how good he is on those categories.

Go back and watch the game again (and others this season), despite his clumsy awkwardness and poor touch, he still comes away with the fucking ball, almost always this is the case. I don't know quite how he does this but he does, time and time again. His first touch will get away from him, it invites the oppo player to go for the ball, the two tussle, Sissoko comes away with the ball.

This may very well be true some of the time, but don’t you agree this destroys the pace and timing of the attack, allow the defense to reset?

Sure it can, I'm certain there are many cases for this, I'm talking broad strokes, there could be a case put forward that the best part of his game is when he's running fast on the counter-attack, but 90% of the games we have possession of the ball, we've played on the counter what 4 or 5 times this season? Also can point to every player who is actually brilliant in our squad who losses possession or doesn't pick the right pass, or plays a poor pass, or if we are playing a slow tempo against a low block so many times this season we haven't moved it quick enough or backwards sideways.

Again, he's not a quality footballer, not even close. There are many aspects to his game that are wrong and ill suited to how we play, just not yesterday and not on a number of performances this season. He's a mediocre player that for whatever reason attracts the most over the top criticism I've ever seen, to the point of blind obsession. This thread is living proof. If he plays shit then I'll be in the queue with my rotten tomatoes in my hand slinging as many as I can in his direction, as I will do other players who play shit. (Thankfully we have a quality group of players and these occurrences are rare, or they are measured because someone could have one off game against a multiple good games).

Well, I think one of the reasons he get so much stick is that when he makes mistake, those are so utterly amateurish (those 2 situations within 4 minutes where he could have ran with the ball on right flank, but his bad awareness and bad touch let him down miserably) and so people turn more attention to those moments.

Also to me jury is still out there. Can you say that player is decent enough or if the "critizism is over the top" - I mean those mistakes are at times so essential that if he would play in CB position 70% of those would end up in goals. Would anyone come to rescue a CB who would cost us 2 goals per game? I have my doubts...

Sissoko is capable of playing well. He can be a destroyer battering ram, with surprising speed, and every now and then some genuinely great pieces of skill. We all saw his best qualities at the Euros.

He’s also inconsistent (something the Newcastle fans criticised him for), and can be incredibly sloppy. More than any of our other players he’s the one that seems most likely to botch a simple pass. Not every time, obviously, but he does rack up the unforced errors.

I’ve no evidence at all for the following, but I suspect his off the ball work is one of the things Pochettino sees in him. If he’s good at blocking potential pass avenues, and / or otherwise disrupting the shape of the opposition, that’s something we wouldn’t necessarily pick up on.

Personally I’ve not seen anything to suggest he’s worth anywhere near what we paid for him, but as long as he’s Spurs I’ll support him and wish him well.

He, along with the rest of our midfield, were all over the place n the first half. Yes he looked ok but that's like saying the slightly less mouldy food in the fridge is like French cuisine compared to the more mouldy food ie he looked good when everyone else was awful.
He simply lacks the basics and I find it hard to see what Poch values in him.

Back
Top Bottom