Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although he was given time no one knew how he would turn out. A player will have that moment when it all changes for them for the better. No one can predict this or make it hsppens, it just does. I realise Sissoko does not demonstrate a high level of tech ability and doesn't show signs at his mature 28 age of being a complete player, he does give energy, strength , determination and pace. In the French side during the Euros he demonstrated this. Pochs job is to get the best from him every game and if that monent happens , hes playing.

You make a valid point but I would ask how long do you give him? He fails at the basics so often that I think his time is up.

Bale was crap at one stage but was given time...............
In my opinion Bale always looked a good prospect. He had competition in BAE who was playing his best football and had this dreadful record of not being on the winning side but that was not down to him but the poor team we had at the time. However he was never crap and cannot be compared to Sissoko

In my opinion Bale always looked a good prospect. He had competition in BAE who was playing his best football and had this dreadful record of not being on the winning side but that was not down to him but the poor team we had at the time. However he was never crap and cannot be compared to Sissoko
Time = patience

The suggestion was 'time'. not ability. Allowing a player time. We all know Bale, Kane etc were young players that had time and allowed to develop and blossomed. Sissoko, its said, should be the finished player-even a player at 28 should be given time. Danny Drinkwater is 27 and is struggling to get in the Chelsea side but he will be given time to take his opportunity when it arrives-he needs to up his game. Im not suggesting years just time?

I don't understand how so much time is given to question Sissoko when players like Dembele plod along without question, Dembele has so much talent that he plays under par every week and nothing is said ?

Not comparing him to Sissoko

Just outlining the principle of giving a player time

Trusting Poch on this

Bale was a teenager... I generally expect teenagers to learn and grow. Sissoko is 28 years old; there's a difference.

Yes there is a difference but different players mature at different ages under different coaches

Sissoko has Poch now and I haven’t written him off yet like some others as he can do a job for us

Poch’s continued selection should speak volumes

You're absolutely right and I meant to mention him but forgot in my haste to post.
He did get time you're right but he was a regular player if memory serves and always had more about him than Sissoko in terms of control etc. He only really flourished when move further forward but I feel like he the exception to the rule compared to those players I mentioned. I feel like Sissoko just isn't up to the task and he had enough time to show us what he capable of...I don't hate the guy but he makes my tummy all trembly when I see him all the team sheet like we already playing at a slight disadvantage before kick off

I’m NOT comparing Bale to Sissoko

Totally different players with different qualities

I believe, even at 28, Sissoko will improve but, more importantly, so does Poch

Sorry about your tummy
A large Port helps mine (when I’m allowed)

Not the best argument that Baz.
Bale was still very young & was brought along gradually.
Sissoko was bought as an experienced PL & international footballer. He shouldn’t need anywhere the same amount of time to adapt.
He still looks like he’s new to football as a sport, having had a career catching turkeys.
He is one of the players in our squad who could easily be upgraded at a cost that wouldn’t be prohibitively expensive. We overpaid for him & I would fully expect us to be able to upgrade him for that amount or less.
If we are looking at a right sided attacking midfielder, Lucas Moura is available for about £30 million & is begging for someone to come and get him from PSG.
Upgrade sorted
Genuinely wish I was wrong about him, or he would prove me wrong, but he is a weak link. It shows our lack of options that he keeps getting significant game time.

Your last remark is telling

“He keeps getting significant game time “
Why is that I wonder?

I’m NOT comparing Bale to Sissoko

Totally different players with different qualities

I believe, even at 28, Sissoko will improve but, more importantly, so does Poch

Sorry about your tummy
A large Port helps mine (when I’m allowed)

Port is good! Cheers!
I think really my question revolves around how much time do we give him? Signing a young bale pretty cheap and investing him with time until he becomes legend and sells for 80 odd million seems worthwhile...
Sissoko is a whole different method of fish... Expensive, not'young' and yet and to be on unlimited time.
I trust poch and his methods but I still find Sissoko give me uneasy feelings whenever he chosen...

Port is good! Cheers!
I think really my question revolves around how much time do we give him? Signing a young bale pretty cheap and investing him with time until he becomes legend and sells for 80 odd million seems worthwhile...
Sissoko is a whole different method of fish... Expensive, not'young' and yet and to be on unlimited time.
I trust poch and his methods but I still find Sissoko give me uneasy feelings whenever he chosen...

Keep drinking the Port and think of Moussa driving at hapless defences without falling over the ball!

Funny he wasn't a "key" player last season when he hardly featured and we were a better side and came 2nd..... love poch but this is a load of rubbish.

But Poch is intimating he has improved this season which is a reasonable comment
Not rubbish

Get a grip

Or Poch clearly sees value in having a midfielder who is fit.

Sissoko's stock has obviously risen since he and Dier are our only central midfielders that have managed to stay fit all season. Dembéle, Winks and Wanyama are all better players. But have either been out with long term injuries are battling multiple minor ones that keep them from being fully fit. Poch obviously sees a value in having a guy who has remained healthy that he can throw out almost anywhere on the midfield to plug a hole.

Sissoko is a bench player at best when everyone is fit. I think everyone agrees on that. but having a spare part available when your car breaks down that makes it possible for the car to keep running, even if it doesn't run as well or smoothly as with the original part. The alternative is it staying still.

No everyone doesn’t agree on that and, as I’ve been saying for a while now, Poch clearly values him and has explained why quite clearly

You don’t seem to have read what he said

Improved from our worst value signing in the past decade to one of the worst value signings of the last decade. Awesome.

If Poch really does feel that Sissoko is a key player, I am now questioning his abilities. I understand playing him when nobody else is fit, but if he really believes he brings something to this team, I’m at a loss.

Well if you’re now rubbishing Poch then, I too, am at a loss

Who do you support again?

Back
Top Bottom