Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has definitely got some qualities. Defensively and physically. For mediocre teams he could be brilliant. For us, though, he just doesn't do what we need (except when he bails out that shit right back friend of his). The number of minutes he's played for us this season explains our league position. That, Dele's poor form, and our injuries.

He has definitely got some qualities. Defensively and physically. For mediocre teams he could be brilliant. For us, though, he just doesn't do what we need (except when he bails out that shit right back friend of his). The number of minutes he's played for us this season explains our league position. That, Dele's poor form, and our injuries.
No. Injuries that have stretched our squad explain our position in the table.

I get that it is easy to blame our position on Sissoko but that is far from the truth. He and Dier are the only two midfielders outside of the attacking line that manages to stay fit for the entire season so far. Of course he is going to end up playing when the rest are out injured

There is this mentality that still exists only in english football that only attackers are supposed to be technical players.

Modern football demands even GKs CBs to be technically good enough and take part in attacks build up plays.

Technically limited footballers simply have no place in modern football, they should just shift to other sports.

You should consider doing the same.

There is this mentality that still exists only in english football that only attackers are supposed to be technical players.

Modern football demands even GKs CBs to be technically good enough and take part in attacks build up plays.

Technically limited footballers simply have no place in modern football, they should just shift to other sports.
Your idea of cleansing would have banished Drogba-he never won anything ?

Are you again trying to insinuate Drogba had limited technical ability?

Yes-he had no football brain-all brawn.
He was really awful when he first appeared and improved with time. He played in a well oiled machine that allowed him to miss 10 shots then get the 11th. He was difficult to play against because he keeps going and this is where Sissokos strengths are, he keeps going.

Can I try to understand...a sweeping statement regrading "English Football" that couldn't be further form the truth.

Absolute rubbish.
That's not at all what i said lol , i wasnt doing a sweeping statement but now that we do go into it there still is a gap between the English and the Continental youth systems when it comes to skill and what elements of the game matter. The focus is very heavily put on pace and strength and less on skill (and i repeat skill does not mean pure dribbling skills). There is one element however in the English youth system that is a lot better then the way they generally approach grass roots on the continent and that is a focus on long shots. It's a skill that is developed early on the island and that i see very little of outside the island

That's not at all what i said lol , i wasnt doing a sweeping statement but now that we do go into it there still is a gap between the English and the Continental youth systems when it comes to skill and what elements of the game matter. The focus is very heavily put on pace and strength and less on skill (and i repeat skill does not mean pure dribbling skills). There is one element however in the English youth system that is a lot better then the way they generally approach grass roots on the continent and that is a focus on long shots. It's a skill that is developed early on the island and that i see very little of outside the island
I was referring to Mindblow statement not yours?

No. Injuries that have stretched our squad explain our position in the table.

I get that it is easy to blame our position on Sissoko but that is far from the truth. He and Dier are the only two midfielders outside of the attacking line that manages to stay fit for the entire season so far. Of course he is going to end up playing when the rest are out injured

The number of minutes he's played says something about our midfield situation, and thus explains explains our league position. Yes, he has been fit. Yes, he puts in a shift. But alas, he does not have the quality we have become accustomed to from our CMs and AMs.

Fuck me, really? You've nailed that one. Here's Scott Parker literally breaking down your statement not two months ago. I swear you must reside just the other side of a thin spot between dimensions.

Scott Parker said:
‘What these boys can do and are being taught...they are miles ahead of anything I was asked for. If you ask those other guys you just mentioned they would all say the same. Miles ahead of us.

‘Technically they are superb. We can still improve their understanding of the game but in terms of pure ability it’s unrecognisable. When I was growing up, the keeper just put the ball down and booted it. Same with the defenders.

‘Now they all play out from the back like that Spain team we all fell in love with. We have caught up.’

Last edited:
Wow that might be the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read on this forum and that's saying something. Clearly have no understanding or grasp of football if you think Drogba was all brawn and no brain. He wasn't difficult to play against because "he keeps going" whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean, he was difficult to play against because he had strength and technical ability, don't really want to be defending Chelsea scum but comparing Sissoko and drogba is absurd. You actually think Sissoko at the age of 28, can learn the technical ability of this guy.

Fucking hell, goal #2 against Liverpool is incredible.

I can't even begin to imagine Sissoko attempting it

Nobodies comparing him to city players....Compared to the rest of our squad he's quite clearly the weak link, it's really not hard to see why he gets slagged off. How long are you going to give him to prove us all wrong then? He's already had a year and half and in that time all he's shown is that he runs around a bit.
I mentioned City because people seem to use them as their bar. Unless we have players of that calibre we re doomed. I try to see what the player brings to the 11 and Sissoko is doing he's bit. Yes he could be better and yes so could other players.

My gripe is not being a Sissoko fan , its being peeved with players getting slagged. We had this with Son, Kane, All and so on. How are these players being judged-if not against other teams?
He is not the best player in the squad, I agree. He does frustrate me although my expectations of him is what we get. I would like more and am waiting for it to happen rather than curiosities. We have games to win and he will play his part.
How long do we give Dembele? He has more "Tech ability" than Sissoko and under performing Big time.

The question is how long does he get to prove himself?
I feel that many times of signings get too long to prove themselves... Look at those we bought with the Bale money for example.
Soldado given way too long before the boot just on the hope he might click.
Chadli the same, capoue, chiriches, paulinho.

Two exceptions to this are Lamela, who has had a lot of time out injured and the superlative Eriksen who has improved since joining but clearly was a cut above the others on the list.

Sissoko is out of time and tbh at his age he ain't gonna get any better.

Bale was crap at one stage but was given time...............

Bit different though isn't it, because Bale had age on his side. Sissoko is a very experienced player in terms of games played and development years, he isn't going to turn into a great player at this stage. I like the guy, good effort, and if he was 5 year's younger I'd probably be saying what you're saying but he's 28, he should be peaking.

You're absolutely right and I meant to mention him but forgot in my haste to post.
He did get time you're right but he was a regular player if memory serves and always had more about him than Sissoko in terms of control etc. He only really flourished when move further forward but I feel like he the exception to the rule compared to those players I mentioned. I feel like Sissoko just isn't up to the task and he had enough time to show us what he capable of...I don't hate the guy but he makes my tummy all trembly when I see him all the team sheet like we already playing at a slight disadvantage before kick off

You're absolutely right and I meant to mention him but forgot in my haste to post.
He did get time you're right but he was a regular player if memory serves and always had more about him than Sissoko in terms of control etc. He only really flourished when move further forward but I feel like he the exception to the rule compared to those players I mentioned. I feel like Sissoko just isn't up to the task and he had enough time to show us what he capable of...I don't hate the guy but he makes my tummy all trembly when I see him all the team sheet like we already playing at a slight disadvantage before kick off
Paul Stewart was around the same age and improved when moved to AM. England call up, FAC final. he wasnt our best forward we ever bought.

Back
Top Bottom