Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you are corralling me into the same group then I'd like to point out that none of my comments are meant or intended to make him a scapegoat for the result.
I knew what his role in the game was and I have never attempted to level a lack of team discipline as being a fault of his.
I have been entirely consistent in my criticism of the guy and that has been of the across the board level of the "bread and butter" skills that you would expect from a top flight professional footballer.
His ball control is woeful in comparison with his teammates, from bringing the ball under control when receiving a pass, to keeping it under control to shield it from opponents. His passing is very poor, despite what the stats freaks quote, because he often offloads to players and puts them in immediate pressure, either because they are marked or because they have to check back to retrieve or sprint to beat an opponent to it.
Apart from a straight line running race with the ball his control "in motion" is poor and often results in losing control or farcically standing on or tripping over the ball. I don't think I can recall another professional in over 40 years of watching the game, do this as often as he does.
He seems to possess little or no ability to read or dictate play, he seems entirely reactive to events. You and others claim Dier had a worse game than him, which I think is wrong. Dier has a wonderful grasp of the game and sees passes that will make a difference, and attempts to complete them. As with all "killer" passes they all have a low percentage chance of success and against a defence as packed as Thursdays, that margin gets tighter. I'd rather see people trying to make a difference than players who are just unable to do so.
Sissoko is a big, strong fit and astonishingly fast player for his size and you rarely see players get past him. He carries the ball well in a straight line but has shown no evidence of an end product, either an offload to player more likely to score, a cross, pass or shot that takes advantage of the ground he just made.
More goals and assists than Dier? - if the people that make that comment would seek to justify Sissoko on the team sheet before Dier because of that, then I would suggest they have much to learn about the game.
Sissoko did not let The spam get that result but every time a team carries a passenger it makes the collective output drop, top sides don't have players who can't do the basics right.
Finally any claims that Sissoko was not to blame for the goal may well be true, it was a magnificent strike that I believe would have beaten any keeper playing the game today (unless they had specifically been marking that post)
But - Sissoko was directly in front of the scorer and could have thrown his body in front of the ball to block it as many players (like Dier does all the time) do, but instead - before the ball is struck, he turns his upper body and head away to protect himself, rather than concentrating on the ball and trying to block it.
I think he would have failed, it was that good a strike, but he gave up on it.
My continued participation in this debate is because of the lies and abuse I've received, and has been a patient attempt to explain why I think the guy is surplus to requirements.
I've never called him shit though.

I disagree with you Mick but respect your well reasoned thought out point of view

Ah'. now I have a theory on that.

Maybe Poch thinks he is shit, but he's been told by L£vy that he needs to sell before he buys. And because we know Poch is desperate for new additions, he feels forced to play him to put him in the shop window, so to speak

wGdM5.gif

Do you honestly think Poch would do something like that?

He picks the best side for each particular game

Good GIF though

You f***ing lying c***. Get f***ed Baz you tragic moron.
How's that for abuse, like I give two shits about being polite to some c*** on the internet

Oh - my mistake, wrong quote

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

nope nope, thats not it.... bugger!

hang on, here it is

Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

Nope - this is it

"Cheers Baz"

(do we fight to the death now?)

It's very funny that you think you are a reasonable debater because you don't swear.

Have you found that post where I called Dele a shit player yet?

Fucking liar.

Last edited:
Find the quote Mick.......apparently I repeated the same thing for 3 months. Why cant you find any quotes?

Oh yes, its because you are a liar.

How easy it should be for you go back and make me eat my words. Im calling you out, and you keep avoiding the issue. Show me the quote.

You know I never said it, which makes you a conniving prick. I´ll stand for anything I say, even if it means saying I was wrong.....again you lied that Ive never conceded a thing. I showed you 5 or 6 examples of me admitting I was wrong and you ran away.

I got it wrong about Deles determination to improve his form. I wasnt wrong that he was off form though, and I never called him shit.

You on the other hand have mocked and abused Sissoko for a year, and I CAN find the posts Mick.
Then you try and claim that you see his strengths and dont thinks he´s shit and its just a simple difference of opinion.

You´re a fraud
If you seriously think I am going to waste my time on your behalf when you talk to me like that then you are a seriously deluded individual.
Not sure why you think your approach is worth any consideration under any circumstances, to be honest.

If you seriously think I am going to waste my time on your behalf when you talk to me like that then you are a seriously deluded individual.
Not sure why you think your approach is worth any consideration under any circumstances, to be honest.
Lies lies lies......my behalf??

How does it benefit ME that you find the quotes which prove YOU to be in the right here?

You "won't" dig them up because you can't.
Because I never said it, and you and everyone else knows it.
You've posted 75,000 words arguing with me be but now all of a sudden you won't waste your time?

Just search "Dele is a shit player" under username Sammy, pick a quote and post it.

Liar

As shit as he might be, he's got another assist today. :gallashmm:
I think it is fair to say he gives and takes. For every 5-6 simple passes or pass flubs he produces a top notch one (the assist to Kane vs Burnley for example). He makes up for it by being a strong physical pressence in our midfield and he does his job no matter what position we play him in so fair dues.

If you are corralling me into the same group then I'd like to point out that none of my comments are meant or intended to make him a scapegoat for the result.
I knew what his role in the game was and I have never attempted to level a lack of team discipline as being a fault of his.
I have been entirely consistent in my criticism of the guy and that has been of the across the board level of the "bread and butter" skills that you would expect from a top flight professional footballer.
His ball control is woeful in comparison with his teammates, from bringing the ball under control when receiving a pass, to keeping it under control to shield it from opponents. His passing is very poor, despite what the stats freaks quote, because he often offloads to players and puts them in immediate pressure, either because they are marked or because they have to check back to retrieve or sprint to beat an opponent to it.
Apart from a straight line running race with the ball his control "in motion" is poor and often results in losing control or farcically standing on or tripping over the ball. I don't think I can recall another professional in over 40 years of watching the game, do this as often as he does.
He seems to possess little or no ability to read or dictate play, he seems entirely reactive to events. You and others claim Dier had a worse game than him, which I think is wrong. Dier has a wonderful grasp of the game and sees passes that will make a difference, and attempts to complete them. As with all "killer" passes they all have a low percentage chance of success and against a defence as packed as Thursdays, that margin gets tighter. I'd rather see people trying to make a difference than players who are just unable to do so.
Sissoko is a big, strong fit and astonishingly fast player for his size and you rarely see players get past him. He carries the ball well in a straight line but has shown no evidence of an end product, either an offload to player more likely to score, a cross, pass or shot that takes advantage of the ground he just made.
More goals and assists than Dier? - if the people that make that comment would seek to justify Sissoko on the team sheet before Dier because of that, then I would suggest they have much to learn about the game.
Sissoko did not let The spam get that result but every time a team carries a passenger it makes the collective output drop, top sides don't have players who can't do the basics right.
Finally any claims that Sissoko was not to blame for the goal may well be true, it was a magnificent strike that I believe would have beaten any keeper playing the game today (unless they had specifically been marking that post)
But - Sissoko was directly in front of the scorer and could have thrown his body in front of the ball to block it as many players (like Dier does all the time) do, but instead - before the ball is struck, he turns his upper body and head away to protect himself, rather than concentrating on the ball and trying to block it.
I think he would have failed, it was that good a strike, but he gave up on it.
My continued participation in this debate is because of the lies and abuse I've received, and has been a patient attempt to explain why I think the guy is surplus to requirements.
I've never called him shit though.
And the problem is he’s not judged for the individual performance, I know he’s control is shit, I’ve mentioned it many occasions, joking that his 2nd touch is usually a tackle but he didn’t miss control a ball (that I can recal) in that game, and that’s the entire point of my defence and my attack on those that slated him during and after that game. It’s really that simple. Many people slating him for a performance that didn’t warrant it. Taking past performances and/or elements of his game that are indisputable to show his limitations but apply those to him whilst playing against West Ham. That’s the point.

I can’t stand Tripps, I think he’s shit, our worst player, worse player than Sissoko for what it’s worth. This gives me a confirmation bias THST I’m fully aware of because of it I try hard not to pipe up unless he plays shit. Same works in the opposite will look to praise a good performance.

TDLR. Judge the individual performance against the role asked of him to perform for that individual game. That’s my entire point I’m making.

Is everyone saying he can be good at times and the whole debate is just over how consistent he should be with that high level?

Or do people genuinely think he is never good enough

Edit- missed the Sammy & Mick cunt off.
Solid 8/10 gentlemen. That is some old school rivalry. Both making very good points that get lost in the savage battle of wits. Keep it clean. As you were chaps.
Not sure if it qualified as much more than a foul mouthed and entirely unnecessary rant, from someone who appears to have lost all sense of reason.
Each to their own I suppose.

Was at the game and from my perspective (admittedly close on the goal line) I thought he looked better today particularly in the first half then the last game I saw against West Ham. He did drive forward well with the ball and linked up well with Aurier.

I've also defended him a lot but he doesn't add a lot off offensive end product sadly. Which is what offensive midfielders are judged on.

He seems better at the defensive work and did a lot in that regard today, covering for Serge and later Kieran.

It's weird how no coach got the idea to convert the guy into a defensive mid. He has the tools for it. Big, strong, decent defensive positional awareness. And he is quick. Having a speedy powerhouse of a sweeper DM does not sound too bad.

Imagine if someone had caught on to that earlier in his career and converted him

I reckon he should pay right back. Speed power, can tackle and go up and down the line all day long.
That would also work with some tinkering.

He has his strengths like all players. But since he is billed as a attacking midfielder mainly that is always what he is going to be judged on

Back
Top Bottom