Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet you'd struggle to find a 3.33s video real that makes Winks look this good.

I think a lot of people treat Sissoko like a lot of people treat Mourinho - they see what they want to see and ignore the rest.

I say this as a BMW - BMW drivers don't indicate less than everyone else. Everywhere I go I see it in every make and model. BUT people will only ever see the 1 out of 5 BMW's that day that didn't indicate.

That one bad pass of Sissoko stands out like a BMW not indicating to the haters. ~They completely ignore the stuff he does well. It just didn't happen as far as they're concerned.
I couldn't find a 3:33 vid of Winks, but I did find a 6:45 of him.
:pochsmirk:

15 seconds - nothing
Bad tackle from behind
22 seconds - bad tackle
36 seconds - unusable pass no one could score from
41 seconds - one of only 3 goals in his career, tapped in from a few feet into an almost empty net (I was halfway to SS when that went in)
54 seconds - passes to a heavily marked player who loses posession, not unreasonaby

Do I need to kep watching it?
Just because you found a video of Winks doesn't mean it makes him look good. He's bangfucking average and has absolutely nothing to offer.

thats almost like a comedy clip. i reckon an Woolwich fan put that together...starts off with a clear foul :mourfacepalm:
I've just watched a couple mins and I'm convinced its been put together as a piss take. Some of the highlights are laughable and and times it just cuts to random shit like him spitting or shouting at the ref :king:

Edit: Shoutout to the OG of piss-take highlight reels

We all know Sissoko's limitations but the fact he has racked up so many minutes for Spurs under two managers and the French national team suggests maybe he isn't the WORST PLAYER EVER IN THE WORLD.

You can talk all day about how manager's have been hamstrung by a lack of options and forced to play him but if he was really that shit then surely any kid from the academy is an upgrade?

Gedson has better technique why didn't he replace Sissoko? Was Skipp such a different player one year ago? Why did Mourinho not just throw him in to avoid playing the league's worst midfielder?

As the clip provided shows he is good in transition, carrying the ball long distances from our defence and getting us upfield. He is also a physical specimen and can generally maintain his level for 90 mins. He also seems to follow the manager's instructions to a tee. Those are the reasons he plays so much.

But of course if we are looking at the first XI, and assuming he is still in that, and trying to upgrade then yes he would be first on the chopping block.

Isn't the real issue that Sissoko seems to play for France as a right sided midfielder and for France plays that position reasonably well : however Spurs do not regularly play using such a position.

Poch bought Sissoko for £30m odd and wages to match thinking he could play as a cm. For the first 2 seasons he was dire, but after that Poch found a way to play him so he looked fine for a season or so.

However Sissoko is not really a good cm, and with Hojbjerg now in place we would like/need a cm who can defend well and also create chances (hence links with Sabizer) : sadly Sissoko is neither a good defensive midfielder nor can he create chances.

Problem is he's paid very well and not many clubs could afford his wages, and those that could would buy a better player to fit their needs. Hence we are stuck with a player who cannot play in the roles we need and cannot easily offload given his wages.

Isn't the real issue that Sissoko seems to play for France as a right sided midfielder and for France plays that position reasonably well : however Spurs do not regularly play using such a position.

Poch bought Sissoko for £30m odd and wages to match thinking he could play as a cm. For the first 2 seasons he was dire, but after that Poch found a way to play him so he looked fine for a season or so.

However Sissoko is not really a good cm, and with Hojbjerg now in place we would like/need a cm who can defend well and also create chances (hence links with Sabizer) : sadly Sissoko is neither a good defensive midfielder nor can he create chances.

Problem is he's paid very well and not many clubs could afford his wages, and those that could would buy a better player to fit their needs. Hence we are stuck with a player who cannot play in the roles we need and cannot easily offload given his wages.
Agree with that in parts.

But if he is as bad as some make out, he'd already be replaced by at least one of Winks, White, Skipp, Lo Celso.
Obviously some of those are youngsters just at the start of their careers, others might not be up to the job and maybe one or two of them aren't good enough.
Maybe (hopefully) Skipp will replace him next season, but it does show that of all the midfielders we have (or have had at the club) that he is regarded as being better than them. By two separate managers with different footballing philosophies.

As VonnegutBusy said, if you're looking at our "best eleven" he'd definitely be the one of the first on the list to be upgraded, but that doesn't mean he hasn't done a job for us.

But if he is as bad as some make out, he'd already be replaced by at least one of Winks, White, Skipp, Lo Celso.
Obviously some of those are youngsters just at the start of their careers, others might not be up to the job and maybe one or two of them aren't good enough.
Maybe (hopefully) Skipp will replace him next season, but it does show that of all the midfielders we have (or have had at the club) that he is regarded as being better than them. By two separate managers with different footballing philosophies.

As VonnegutBusy said, if you're looking at our "best eleven" he'd definitely be the one of the first on the list to be upgraded, but that doesn't mean he hasn't done a job for us.

I think both Poch and Mourhino seem to prefer big bodies in central midfield (hence JM brining through Scott McTominay) where Sissoko has an advantage and Sissoko has always stayed pretty fit which is a huge advantage (Lo Celso not doing well on that front this season, Winks still suffering from ankle injuries), JM clearly nervous of playing the inexperienced Skipp.......think the loan performances will allay JM thoughts. So to some extent Poch and JM played him as he's been fit and here.

Poch rumoured to try to find a buyer, but no success due to high wages. Which isn't going to help to replace him.

I didn't say he hadn't done a job for us, just that if we hadn't bought him (and in that same TW we could in theory have bought all 3 of Grealish, Maddison and Brooks for about the same £30m.......better value ?! ) and not given him big wages, we could certainly have upgraded on him.

Not necessarily managers make poor decisions all the time.

LOL

I love how you try to spin reading about the game as a bad thing.
I didn't say reading about the game is a bad thing, that's your "spin" on it.

When somebody has no clue what so ever about basic defensive tactics then it stands to reason that the book they read wasn't a very good one.

I didn't say reading about the game is a bad thing, that's your "spin" on it.

When somebody has no clue what so ever about basic defensive tactics then it stands to reason that the book they read wasn't a very good one.

Who said it was one book? Perhaps you should worry about your own reading skills rather than crying about others.

Who said it was one book? Perhaps you should worry about your own reading skills rather than crying about others.
Maybe instead of reading about the game, you should go on some coaching courses to improve your knowledge.

Something you might be interested in;

Maybe instead of reading about the game, you should go on some coaching courses to improve your knowledge.

Something you might be interested in;

I am good I already have top level knowledge and have taken coaching courses in general and soccer specific.

But thanks anyways.

Perhaps you should look into some coaching courses or just courses in general rather than obsessing so much about other posters.

Back
Top Bottom