New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it's loads of money, who cares

It's odd isn't it?

People want us to be a big club, compete for honours consistently, buy the best players yet scoff at the idea of getting a shit load of money.

Same people who moan that Nike (who will likely be paying us a SHIT load of money) will be making our kits because they happen to dislike the colour of some stitching.

If it's loads of money, who cares
They have a really shitty record on workers rights, firing women for becoming pregnant or getting married for example.

Qatar as a country I don't even need to talk about. The point being there are other companies with "loads of money" that I'm sure would be a better option that's all.
if it happens it happens though nothing we can do about it.

It's odd isn't it?

People want us to be a big club, compete for honours consistently, buy the best players yet scoff at the idea of getting a shit load of money.

Same people who moan that Nike (who will likely be paying us a SHIT load of money) will be making our kits because they happen to dislike the colour of some stitching.
Eh when did I "scoff at the idea of getting loads of money"?

Your putting words in people's mouths.
Supporters are more than right enough to ask about the human rights standards of the companies propping us up.

Eh when did I "scoff at the idea of getting loads of money"?

Your putting words in people's mouths.
Supporters are more than right enough to ask about the human rights standards of the companies propping us up.

Wasn't aimed at you.

I see it all the time though. Especially regarding kit sponsors. I couldn't give a shit personally who makes our kits as long as they're giving us the best possible price. Same with the stadium sponsors. If we're getting a ridiculous amount of money for it, could be fucking Donald Trump for all I care.

It'll always be New White Hart Lane or The Lane, regardless. Just like everyone still calls it Westfalenstadion and not Signal Iduna Park.

They have a really shitty record on workers rights, firing women for becoming pregnant or getting married for example.

Qatar as a country I don't even need to talk about. The point being there are other companies with "loads of money" that I'm sure would be a better option that's all.
if it happens it happens though nothing we can do about it.
I know about situation there, it's sad, but that's the world we're living in. I would rather some other sponsor too if it's possible, but if QA gives us the best contract, what can club do really?

It's similar what Totti Totti is saying. For example the idea of Tottenham becoming new City is horrible for some of our fans. Nonsense.

Wasn't aimed at you.

I see it all the time though. Especially regarding kit sponsors. I couldn't give a shit personally who makes our kits as long as they're giving us the best possible price. Same with the stadium sponsors. If we're getting a ridiculous amount of money for it, could be fucking Donald Trump for all I care.

It'll always be New White Hart Lane or The Lane, regardless. Just like everyone still calls it Westfalenstadion and not Signal Iduna Park.
DTs son supporters Woolwich. Because of course he does.

In regards to stadium sponsors, I’d like a company less directly associated with vile practices. But football has already done too far down that path to look back. It’s not going to change how I support the club.

DrFI2LcWsAApKj7.jpg

The only comment that made sense to me having seen some of the arguments, was that with it facing North, those that went of the roof as part of the tour, when got to the top and marked the occasion with the obligatory selfie, all they would get would be their face with a giant birds arse in the background. Sound logic, to turn it around right there.

Now, the club can charge £10 a pop for that iconic photo and no cockerels arse in sight.
:levywhoa:

Ian Wright's wife is gonna be there?

Wasn't aimed at you.

Pity she left we could have been called..
Martha LANE Fox Last Minute.com

Back
Top Bottom