New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the release of our financials our average matchday income is £5,850,000 per game, that's almost £1m per game more than Utd who have the highest (along with Woolwich) in the country.

Purely matchday (so excluding concerts, boxing etc) and based on a 21 game season revenues should be £123m per season, 3rd highest in World Football (maybe even the highest once you adjust for €'s). Vindicates building it but only Spurs could deliver this at a time of a World pandemic shuts it all down.

Last edited:
With the release of our financials our average matchday income is £5,850,000 per game, that's almost £1m per game more than Utd who have the highest (along with Woolwich) in the country.

Purely matchday (so excluding concerts, boxing etc) and based on a 21 game season revenues should be £123m per season, 3rd highest in World Football (maybe even the highest once you adjust for €'s). Vindicates building it but only Spurs could deliver this at a time of a World pandemic shuts it all down.

Seems I was low-balling my estimate this summer:

Woolwich's matchday revenue is around £100m, which has always been the rough, baseline estimate of the new stadium given the similar capacity and amenities. However, Spurs is expected to be higher because of increased food and drink sales as well as other events (NFL, Rugby, Boxing, Concerts) where the club will get catering revenue at a minimum, so £120m is a pretty good estimate based on the last three years of financial figures on matchday revenue and attendance.

It's the main reason why the stadium debt is not an issue because it more than pays for itself and then some.

Based on the financials, the club is making over £110m a season based on just PL matches alone. Throw on another £20m for Europe and cup ties (on average), plus another £20m for other events and the stadium is generating £150m in revenue a year.

Seems pretty good!

Seems I was low-balling my estimate this summer:

Based on the financials, the club is making over £110m a season based on just PL matches alone. Throw on another £20m for Europe and cup ties (on average), plus another £20m for other events and the stadium is generating £150m in revenue a year.

Seems pretty good!
Give or take puts us into the top three highest matchday revenue in World Football, right in the mix with Barcelona & Real Madrid.

Online Planning Services: Application Search (haringey.gov.uk)

Spurs have applied for planning permission to use The Goods Yard site (for which it now has planning permission to build some 300 homes etc) as car parking on a temporary basis as part of a plan to get 15k to 22k spectators back into stadium. Consultation period for comments expires on Christmas Day.

Complete about turn from the s106 agreement signed to obtain planning permission for the building of the stadium - the change being required as there is said to be many fans not confident to travel by TFL services due to covid.

Good to see some common sense planning to help fans get back into the stadium in 2021.

Good quiz question there, what are the 13 club grounds that are bigger?

Without googling...

Old Trafford
Camp Nou
Bernabéu
Metropolitano (Atleti)
Bayern
Dortmund
San Siro
Olympic Stadium Rome
PSG
Estádio da Luz (Benfica)

That's ten, so three guesses:
Dynamo Kiev
Spartak Moscow
Olympic Stadium in Athens (if teams play there) ???

How did I do?

Edit: One wrong I think... No, two at least
:saha:

Last edited:
Good quiz question there, what are the 13 club grounds that are bigger?

Without googling...

Old Trafford
Camp Nou
Bernabéu
Metropolitano (Atleti)
Bayern
Dortmund
San Siro
Olympic Stadium Rome
PSG
Estádio da Luz (Benfica)

That's ten, so three guesses:
Dynamo Kiev
Spartak Moscow
Olympic Stadium in Athens (if teams play there) ???

How did I do?

Edit: One wrong I think... No, two at least
:saha:
Berlin

Back
Top Bottom