New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

50k will also be to low to capitalise on any success the club may have football wise.
If half the official waiting list buys a ST that will be about 45 -50 k of tickets sold. Realistically not everyone on the list will buy one. Unless we are doing well.

The waiting list is a piece of nonsense. We couldn't even sell out Woolwich at home in the cup. Shocking really.

I do wonder if the idea is to pitch a lot of prices on our faux terrace slightly lower, to get more people in, and then treat the rest of the stands as the cash cow?

Need to attract families too. Prices need to come down everywhere except corporate. Who am I kidding?
Imagine

IMAGINE - £25 for a PL home game. :levylol:

Seriously - I would actually watch a dozen games a season if that were the case. As it is at the moment, 2 or 3 is a genuinely big financial commitment with travel and accommodation as well. It's just not realistic.

Need to attract families too. Prices need to come down everywhere except corporate. Who am I kidding?
Yeah, they do. But the league has said they see themselves as a night out at the theatre (insert all appropriate jokes here), so they seem quite eager to continue to shaft fans while wondering where their "product" went.

I keep hoping someone will be smarter and realize that cheaper tickets, making a better atmosphere (and a better performing team) would get them more money through other means (eager sponsors), but it looks like you guys are just going to be forced to continue to assume the position, instead.

Imagine

IMAGINE - £25 for a PL home game. :levylol:

Seriously - I would actually watch a dozen games a season if that were the case. As it is at the moment, 2 or 3 is a genuinely big financial commitment with travel and accommodation as well. It's just not realistic.
Exactly. You look at some of the German crowds and think wow. Then you look at the ticket prices and it all makes sense. I know Germans are passionate about their football, but are they really more passionate than the English/British?

Yeah, they do. But the league has said they see themselves as a night out at the theatre (insert all appropriate jokes here), so they seem quite eager to continue to shaft fans while wondering where their "product" went.

I keep hoping someone will be smarter and realize that cheaper tickets, making a better atmosphere (and a better performing team) would get them more money through other means (eager sponsors), but it looks like you guys are just going to be forced to continue to assume the position, instead.
Just a quick look shows me that the Leicester game hasn't sold out yet. Midweek game, under the lights, against the league leaders? It will be sold out by Jan 13th, but where an extra 25,000 are going to come from I don't know. I hate being negative about anything Tottenham, but this is a real area of concern for me at least. As you say, fill it up with cheaper tickets and make more money from the ancillary stuff.

Just a quick look shows me that the Leicester game hasn't sold out yet. Midweek game, under the lights, against the league leaders? It will be sold out by Jan 13th, but where an extra 25,000 are going to come from I don't know. I hate being negative about anything Tottenham, but this is a real area of concern for me at least. As you say, fill it up with cheaper tickets and make more money from the ancillary stuff.

Is that typical across the entire league? That midweek matches have a hard time selling out?

No disagreement from me. I'd take that single-tier stand, price it out at 20 a pop, steer the families to the opposite end (so they can hear the noise), and go full premium pricing along the sides. But I don't own the club (sadly).

Is that typical across the entire league? That midweek matches have a hard time selling out?
I'm not sure, but I would think so. There seems to be a different demographic for our evening games - for me at least - there's a different buzz. I like them, but then I'm not travelling too far. Obviously that is a major factor for many fans.

I do wonder how the single tier stand is going to effect ticket sales. I know that if I lived there and couldn't get a ST in that stand I would be quite disappointed. It wouldn't stop me from buying somewhere else, but the entire time I'd be wishing I was sitting elsewhere.

Exactly. You look at some of the German crowds and think wow. Then you look at the ticket prices and it all makes sense. I know Germans are passionate about their football, but are they really more passionate than the English/British?

Hmmm I've been a Bundesliga game and apart from being able to drink beer in your seat it was pretty much identical to the Premier League - the football was just a bit slower.

Cheaper tickets (or at least not a price hike) would go a long way to getting crowd numbers up to, or close to capacity. it's a question of whether the club wants to sell out 90% of games or will content itself with the same return from high prices & a flat atmosphere in a half filled ground. That's my only concern about the new ground. It would be a crying shame to see empty seats on the basis that the club was being greedy.

More fans in attendance = more merchandise, food & drink sold. The club needs to do its sums carefully (& no doubt levy will) but there has to be a happy medium where match day revenue doesn't involve pulling fans' pants even further down & saying "open wider". I'm guessing the club will have a match day revenue figure firmly in mind & will cost tickets accordingly. My hope is that it doesn't put tickets out of reach (or further out of reach) of fans, seeing the bigger picture instead.

Back
Top Bottom