Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always makes me laugh when I read comments every week saying things like "That's him done here then, not in the squad so he'll never play for Spurs again". I reckon I've seen that same comment about at least 10 players this season (all of whom are still here and have played since...). The first team squad is bigger than the match-day squad - by simple maths, every week there will be some players who 'miss out'. Players move in and out of favour with the manager all the time - not being in several consecutive first team squads doesn't mean a player is necessarily "done here".

Love today's line-up by the way. COYS! :)

You’re confusing Sissoko with Aurier. Cost us two of the three goals.
For the 1st goal who fecked up in midfield,was standing 2 yards in front of Orsic and not closing him down or pushing him on to his left foot?
Mr Aurier.
Anyways, take this up in the Aurier or DZ thread.
COYS!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone played shit, it just seems bale gets zero tolerance.

The players with the most talent rightly have the highest expectations. If Kane always delivers maximum effort then Bale has no excuse, he’s much better than Bale and he’s running like butchers dog chasing every ball.

Now maybe he’s too old to deliver that type of performance in which case he should only be a substitute.

Always makes me laugh when I read comments every week saying things like "That's him done here then, not in the squad so he'll never play for Spurs again". I reckon I've seen that same comment about at least 10 players this season (all of whom are still here and have played since...). The first team squad is bigger than the match-day squad - by simple maths, every week there will be some players who 'miss out'. Players move in and out of favour with the manager all the time - not being in several consecutive first team squads doesn't mean a player is necessarily "done here".

Love today's line-up by the way. COYS!

I think that Dinamo/NLD gameweek was a line in the sand. Unless there is an injury crisis, many of those players will be on the bench or in the stands for the rest of the season.

I rarely melt before matches, but that squad selection has pissed me off. Feel like Jose has learnt nothing.

Hopefully this is a good omen because when I’m happy before match we usually lose lol.

I am happy with the line up, I wanted to see more of Tanganga, Rodon, Lo Celso and Vinicius. Unsure on the formation and how it will look but I think we get another win.

The players with the most talent rightly have the highest expectations. If Kane always delivers maximum effort then Bale has no excuse, he’s much better than Bale and he’s running like butchers dog chasing every ball.

Now maybe he’s too old to deliver that type of performance in which case he should only be a substitute.

I think that Dinamo/NLD gameweek was a line in the sand. Unless there is an injury crisis, many of those players will be on the bench or in the stands for the rest of the season.
I don't disagree per se but son was shit 4 games in a row and the worst he puts up with is being hooked for the 10.

All those modern cool kids listening to the Guardian podcast and contemplating the merits of a high press 2-1-4-2-1 drift defense with countervailing pivot loop.

Well. It’s 4/4/2 and we’re going to launch it at the big fella.

:moursmall:

It was a lie tbh. We started that season too slowly and we never got within 5 points of Leicester. We were just the last team left standing.

Woolwich actually led the league. Remember they went to Old Trafford and lost to a Man Utd U21 team that LVG Selected
Agreed we were never really in the title race but we damn well should have finished second.

Don't you remember the "Mind the Gap" stuff all over forums?

If he wants to play 442 then do this:

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Rodon Reguilon
Lucas Hojbjerg Ndombele GLC
Vinicius Kane

GLC on the left as a left footed player and Lucas on the right provides much better balance. It also makes use of our fullbacks better.
GLC will want to tuck in allowing Reguilon to overlap.
Tanganga won't come forward much so a natural winger in Lucas ahead of him makes more sense.

But I know Lucas will play left and GLC right. Fucks sake.

All those modern cool kids listening to the Guardian podcast and contemplating the merits of a high press 2-1-4-2-1 drift defense with countervailing pivot loop.

Well. It’s 4/4/2 and we’re going to launch it at the big fella.
Surprised Etete is not in the line-up.

Back
Top Bottom