Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he’s got Dier (shit this season and gave a massive long rope to) on the bench and we’ll see how this theory holds up.

Unusually for Mourinho, he’s on a club with a budget and he needs to know that you kill players value when you behave like this at clubs like ours.

no blank chequebook here mate.
Yeah lets keep shite in the XI so their value doesn't drop, though us getting relegated may lower it a little bit.

My point is that Toby and aurier should be in the squad, aurier has been brilliant this season barring that performance, Toby is easily 3rd choice cb.

im not talking about the line up (although I would have aurier over tanganga). It’s just a disgrace to me that we aren’t selecting the squad based on performances and ability.
Tanganga has done more in 1 game than Aurier and Doherty combined in their last 5.

Yeah lets keep shite in the XI so their value doesn't drop, though us getting relegated may lower it a little bit.
Difference between being first XI and being completely exiled, duh!

we’ll see how Jose behaves when his fellow mendes client Doherty (“He’s a monster!”) is available again. He should be sacked for that transfer alone..

My point is that Toby and aurier should be in the squad, aurier has been brilliant this season barring that performance, Toby is easily 3rd choice cb.

im not talking about the line up (although I would have aurier over tanganga). It’s just a disgrace to me that we aren’t selecting the squad based on performances and ability.
Apparently Toby is tired from the internationals and Serge is being punished for the bad game vs Zagreb.

Not sure. We were shit for 65 minutes against villa.
I'm still confused as to why bale is in the cold again after being so good for 4 games. He didn't even start in the dynamo farce so can't be taking too much blame for that.

Bale’s “performance” in the NLD is why he is back on the bench. He showed he can’t be counted on to give everything. His priority is the Euros.

Harry Kane also has an important Euros coming up as the captain of England (a country that actually has a chance of competing unlike Wales) and he plays like every game is a cup final. Bale has no excuse. There has to be a consequence now for players who show the wrong attitude. Either you are here to fight for Tottenham in every second of every match or you are not. And he is not.

We are.

Aurier is deservedly dropped after Zagreb.

Doherty was also dropped post Woolwich.

Tanganga is the only RB who has performance well in recent weeks.

Please don't shaft GLC out to right midfield. He can't play there. Was anonymous against Villa. Let him play more centrally next to Hojbjerg.
Advance Ndombele if you have to.

Just wasting GLC ability on the ball by putting him on the right.

Mourinho 101 in man management. Make examples of players as a passive way of passing blame.

Game day.
23077-B03-24-C6-4-F0-E-AD9-D-D5-FC3-E6-B7977.gif

Bale’s “performance” in the NLD is why he is back on the bench. He showed he can’t be counted on to give everything. His priority is the Euros.

Harry Kane also has an important Euros coming up as the captain of England (a country that actually has a chance of competing unlike Wales) and he plays like every game is a cup final. Bale has no excuse. There has to be a consequence now for players who show the wrong attitude. Either you are here to fight for Tottenham in every second of every match or you are not. And he is not.
Everyone played shit, it just seems bale gets zero tolerance.

Not sure. We were shit for 65 minutes against villa.
I'm still confused as to why bale is in the cold again after being so good for 4 games. He didn't even start in the dynamo farce so can't be taking too much blame for that.
No , but he came on at 0-0 after 58 minutes and we then let in three goals , stemming from out right hand side ,which previously Lamela had done a good job tracking back and helping Aurier.
Bale didn't do that.
The manager has to take the blame for that though.

Looks good.

Like seeing Kane and Vinicius.

Really? Why? Means we are almost certainly getting a 442 with LoCelso at RM. Ndombele and Hojbjerg in a Cm2

We are playing two CF, with no creative AM’s to service them, no attacking RB outlet on the right to service them, everything is going to go down our left.

I mean, we are playing Newcastle, so we should be able to play Lloris up front and Winks in goal and still win, but why the fucking fuck can’t Mourinho just play a 433, have Ndombele and LoCelso as 8’s and have two of Son, Lamela, Bale, Moura, Bergwijn either side of Kane. Playing everyone in a system that would suit them.

And if he is going to play Tsnganga, play him as the RCB, his natural position, instead of Sanchez and play a proper RB, preferably Aurier but if not the next best RB from the academy,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom