OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the thing that annoys me the most, is that when it's us, and especially against West Brom of late... these types of games are exactly the types of games where you can write the post-match soundbites on about the hour mark;

"We could've played 'till midnight and wouldn't have scored"
"Their 'keeper just had one of those games"
"We gave everything, but it just wasn't to be..."

...except when it's those jammy poxy cunts, it's; "We couldn't score for 85 minutes, then we did, and won. The End"

The Gooner cunts go home happy, thinking they'll win the league again... and YET they were only 4 minutes away from TOTAL ONLINE GOONER MELTDOWN AND DEMANDING WENGER LEAVE BY NEW YEAR'S DAY!

Fine... fine margins!

Which is all it takes.

Todays' results have made our game on Wednesday another MUST WIN!

No room for error unfortunately... if the Arse, Chelsea & Man Utd keep winning (plus I assume Man City!!) ...then we must keep winning!!

fucking Woolwich though... :pochfacepalm: fucking snide (look it up kids) cunts of the highest lowest order!

Spurs losing of course. That's what it will be.

Always.

Ours is by some margin the hardest game.

Incredible this season how the lesser teams have become comparatively less competitive whilst arguably having more money to but players.

As for Bradley, what do chairmen and their boards see? Such a gamble which I kind of get but good Lord.

Todays' results have made our game on Wednesday another MUST WIN!

No room for error unfortunately... if the Arse, Chelsea & Man Utd keep winning (plus I assume Man City!!) ...then we must keep winning!!

fucking Woolwich though... :pochfacepalm: fucking cunts of the highest lowest snide (look it up kids) order!

They do it so often as to be past qualifying as luck.

I am just miffed at how we are always the fall guy.

Must win! Falling behind! Fall guys! We all play every team home and away so we can't really complain

We have far less resources than any other of the top 6, if we finish top 4 it probably means finishing above united and Woolwich maybe, which is an amazing achievement let alone winning the league

That's why I agree winning cup would be great, see Hugo and all lift a trophy, with premier league money so high the champions league thing really isn't the greatest thing on earth it was 6 years ago anyway

Yet again - we seem to be playing LAST once everyone else has already had their match, putting all the pressure on our team and the players YET again.

Same thing happened at the back end of last season when we must have made a record for most Monday night football matches played in one season. Ridiculous.

I guess though a win away at Southampton will really give us some great momentum going into the new year. Though I believe ONCE again we play Watford away LAST after everyone else has played.

Getting 6 points from our next 2 games would be HUGE going into the first home game of 2017 against Chelsea.

Pressure is really on for Wednesday. Cannot afford any dropped points if we are serious about competing for top 4.

Need maximum points before the Chelsea game in my opinion.

Edit I said we would probably not finish top 4.

Must win! Falling behind! Fall guys! We all play every team home and away so we can't really complain

We have far less resources than any other of the top 6, if we finish top 4 it probably means finishing above united and Woolwich maybe, which is an amazing achievement let alone winning the league

That's why I agree winning cup would be great, see Hugo and all lift a trophy, with premier league money so high the champions league thing really isn't the greatest thing on earth it was 6 years ago anyway

But you know it really doesn't work like that...
ArseAnal played Chelsea when they were struggling (and have subsequently won 12 on the trot) and guess what...? we play them when they're flying!

I'm not saying the FIXture computer knows this... but it really isn't as simple as playing everyone home and away...
we see to play teams on form, or with a point to prove, or after everyone else...
I get that the Arse lost their last 2 games... but that should put them in a slump, a slump from which WBA could've taken advantage and heap on the misery with a dogged 0-0 backs-to-the-wall job. (they would against us!)
but they didn't 'cos they're West Brom, and only seem to turn up for us, whilst being worryingly happy to let ArseAnal win (in however manner they deem necessary) with such alarming regularity, I'd swear there was money involved!

Last edited:
But you know it really doesn't work like that...
ArseAnal played Chelsea when they were struggling (and have subsequently won 12 on the trot) and guess what...? we play them when they're flying!

I'm not saying the FIXture computer knows this... but it really isn't as simple as playing everyone home and away...
we see to play teams on form, or with a point to prove, or after everyone else...
I get that the Arse lost their last 2 games... but that should put them in a slump, a slump from which WBA were supposed to take advantage and heap on the misery with a dogged 0-0 backs-to-the-wall job...
but they didn't 'cos they're West Brom, and only seem to turn up for us, whilst being worryingly happy to let ArseAnal win (in however manner they deem necessary) with such alarming regularity, I'd swear there was money involved!

I agree with all this except the conspiratorial aspect.

It is however having options at times along with Wenger's near unshakeable belief that just seems to get that lot past the post in such games. Beyond coincidence.

But the rest of your post is spot on.

As for Bradley, what do chairmen and their boards see? Such a gamble which I kind of get but good Lord.
Since taking over.

2-2-8 (league)

Conceded 3 away to Woolwich. Loss
0-0 v Watford.
Conceded 3 away to Stoke. Loss.
Conceded 3 at home to Utd. Loss.
1-1 v Everton
Conceded 4 at home to Palace. Win.
Conceded 5 away to Spurs. Loss.
3-0 win v Sunderland.
Conceded 3 away to West Brom (Rondon Hattrick iirc). Loss.
Conceded 3 away to Boro. Loss
Conceded 4 at home to West Ham. Loss.

So it's not just that they're losing it's also that they cannot defend, even against sides around them.

Last edited:
I wish I could ignore the 'conspirational' aspect but too many things just seem to defy all logic

I agree with all this except the conspiratorial aspect.

It is however having options at times along with Wenger's near unshakeable belief that just seems to get that lot past the post in such games. Beyond coincidence.

But the rest of your post is spot on.

i don't care that much about them, but i strongly hate the Guardiola circlejerk fest

Oh yeah, the whole Guardiola is king of football thing is ridiculous and their position and form is starting to make them look like even more idiotic.

But in terms of hatred, like you I don't care for them. I would MUCH rather see them win then Woolwich, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and if ANYONE had to win the league besides Spurs, I'd probably want Man City to be fair.

Welp today sucked ass

Somebody is having a massive giggle at our expense today only if the red scousers get done will things be ok (and we win of course)
Standard Boxing Day fixtures. They stick on the dullest games possible knowing there's a guaranteed audience of tipsy family members wanting to stare at a screen and escape for 90 minutes.

Southampton-Spurs is easily the best match, so of course they put it on the 28th to try and eek out more viewers than they would otherwise.

Fuck you Sky Sports. Fuck you BT Sports.

Back
Top Bottom