Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was never particularly quick, but he has lost a lot of pace. I was looking at his PL goals from the 16/17 season last night, and the difference is quite stark.

The reason Kane is dropping deep is because he is looking for space. He has said this himself. Why is he looking for space? Because it is very easy for CBs to mark a guy who doesn't have a burst of pace, among other things. And that's something a striker needs in and around the box.
He never had a burst of pace before, but he was quick enough to run in behind. Not now, finished

The problem was that we gave Moss every opportunity to fuck us over in areas that could really hurt us, because we didn’t change the dynamic of the game.

WRT making both subs, you may be right. As it didn’t happen regardless, all we have are opinions on how it COULD have gone. Mine is that putting both on gives them 2 problems that they need to adjust to. It’s that adjustment to a double threat that can open up space, confuse the other team and ultimately change the momentum. Whether it would have worked we’ll never know, but it’s feasible that the change in dynamic removes/reduces the pressure on our defence, Tanganga doesn’t get sent off, Kane gets more service and the score line is the polar opposite to what we ended up with.

Our motto is to dare is to do. There was no dare in that 90 minutes and, as a result, we did nothing. Even when chasing the game he did nothing to pose them a problem. Bringing 2 on at halftime may well have been a gamble, but that’s where the bravery, or lack of it, is the issue.
I agree but if someone gets injured on say, the 54th minute, everyone would have a meltdown and say NES is stupid and etc.

I agree on the bravery point though! we need a manager who is braver, that's for sure but they need to be smart too.

starting with 3 CDM's, all of which are very similar players and Winks over Gil has proven a lot of us right - that starting that midfield was a bad decision.

Not impressed by Nuno so far barring the City game and development of Lucas, Sanchez and Dier.

The Wolves game could have easily been 3-0 Wolves like today...

I was screaming at the tele for him to bring Gil on, but the fact that he didn't even trust him in this game even at 1 down with nothing to lose speaks volumes.

It pretty much means Nuno doesn't think he's ready for this level yet, and that's worrying when we have lost Bale and Lamela and don't have any extra bodies to throw up there.
I think one of the biggest criticisms of Nuno by Wolves supporters was his lack of changes when the game needed it. We are already seeing that in action.

I was screaming at the tele for him to bring Gil on, but the fact that he didn't even trust him in this game even at 1 down with nothing to lose speaks volumes.

It pretty much means Nuno doesn't think he's ready for this level yet, and that's worrying when we have lost Bale and Lamela and don't have any extra bodies to throw up there.
There are lots of managers who play 10 man situations that way, the idea being keeping the door locked, even at 1-0 down, offers the best chance to nick something from the game.

There's an argument for it.

What do we have to conclude ? No Son , no goal ? Or no Fluke no win ?
IMO , our 3 win until now was total fluke and we have a serious Son addiction to score ..

I was desperate to see the back of him this summer. His physical deterioration has been alarming.
He's world class you ungrateful so and so. Who's gonna cover all them yards up top in his place? Plus we would have jsut wasted the money so why bother. Leave the daring to other folks!

He was never particularly quick, but he has lost a lot of pace. I was looking at his PL goals from the 16/17 season last night, and the difference is quite stark.

The reason Kane is dropping deep is because he is looking for space. He has said this himself. Why is he looking for space? Because it is very easy for CBs to mark a guy who doesn't have a burst of pace, among other things. And that's something a striker needs in and around the box.
Spot on. I wanted him sold after seeing his first 100 goals thing on Sky in the summer. The stats and goals from last season have masked a pretty alarming drop off in pace and mobility. He also misses a lot more decent chances these days as well. Not his fault today but think its going to be a lot more noticsable this season that he isnt the player he was from 2015 to 2018. Still probably get 20+ goals though.

What do we have to conclude ? No Son , no goal ? Or no Fluke no win ?

I think the issue is (and this is on Nuno to a large degree), it’s not just we were missing Son. It’s that between that and probably missing Stevie B, We completely changed the team (and even mindset).

if we lined up with Gil instead of Son and kept dele in the midfield maybe we have a different identity. I’m not blaming Winks specifically here, just that playing what amounts to 3 holding midfielders gave them courage on the ball and seemed to make us play more complacent than I saw in the previous 3 games.

Son is super important, but the reality is him being out shouldn’t throw off our entire lineup and tactics like it did. Blame midfield depth or Nuno for not starting Gil, but it blew the team up.

And Scott Parker leads us to champions league glory next season with a net spend of a packet of chewing gum. A mangement tram of Klopp Pepp and Sir Alex wouldnt be able to succeed under Enic to dare is too dear.
Possibly (succeed) but not many people could put up a worse managerial performance than today

Not suggesting it, I'm fucken saying it. Kane does not belong at this club anymore. He is a disgraceful cunt and is causing damage by still being here.
Disgraceful? For what reason. It was already made obvious he wanted to leave last season. Do you blame him with the shit show he has to be part of? He is the best striker at the club so he plays. Exactly what damage is being caused? No striker today would have had a shot. No service at all

Thank you.
59-D44-BF2-56-E4-4631-99-B4-B43-E381-D5382.gif

Back
Top Bottom