Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs were hanging on from about 15 minutes in, let's be serious.
We could hardly get the ball into their penalty area, let alone generate chances. One attempt all game and that was into the second half. I think it was from just outside the box as well. Just a pathetic display.
I can’t even really be upset with it though, because I was dumb enough to wake up at 5:30am here to make sure I didn’t miss it.

Some of us could see it, as clear as day, whereas others chose to believe a knockoff Mourinho had turned Dier and Sanchez into the second comings of Maldini and Moore
Dier and Sanchez didnt really play in this game except 10 mins. Our defenders except davies werent that bad, its our midfield that was shite.

Totally over it now

drunks-funny.gif

"When sorrows come they come not single spies but in battalions". The only positive thing I can say is this match was such an awful combination of misfortunes even before it started and bad luck once on the pitch that I don't believe you can draw absolute conclusions based on it. But it did highlight some weaknesses that will likely persist even when they are back to full strength. Kane is a wonderful player to watch when he is on the field with Son and much less so when he's not. When Spurs take on teams with a number of physically strong and fast players they don't match up well. We not only don't have a Zaha type player around the goal creating opportunities but we don't match up well with teams which do. Even a Danny Ings would have found ways to create some mischief close to the goal today. Kane just vanished. And the coach is probably good at establishing hard work on defense but when the situation calls for a deviation from the plan going in he may not be good at adjustments.

"When sorrows come they come not single spies but in battalions". The only positive thing I can say is this match was such an awful combination of misfortunes even before it started and bad luck once on the pitch that I don't believe you can draw absolute conclusions based on it. But it did highlight some weaknesses that will likely persist even when they are back to full strength. Kane is a wonderful player to watch when he is on the field with Son and much less so when he's not. When Spurs take on teams with a number of physically strong and fast players they don't match up well. We not only don't have a Zaha type player around the goal creating opportunities but we don't match up well with teams which do. Even a Danny Ings would have found ways to create some mischief close to the goal today. Kane just vanished. And the coach is probably good at establishing hard work on defense but when the situation calls for a deviation from the plan going in he may not be good at adjustments.
so Son plays for England?

Back
Top Bottom