Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do we have to conclude ? No Son , no goal ? Or no Fluke no win ?
IMO , our 3 win until now was total fluke and we have a serious Son addiction to score ..
I completely agree. The only thing I think we really had going for us is that we looked defensively much more solid in the first 3 games when compared to last season.

Dier and Sanchez took massive leaps and Højbjerg and Skipp have really made our midfield defensively solid.

However, we were lucky not to concede to Man City (which would have been completely understandable) and to Wolves (they couldn't finish).

We should be on maybe 5 points rather than 9 out of 12 based on performances, imo.

Today reminded me a bit of Brighton 3-0 almost 2 years ago. 6 players who played a part in that were out there again today, Hugo Davies, Dier, Winks, Moura, Kane with Sanchez, Alli Skipp unused subs then and Ndombele an unused sub today. People really thought we had a decent summer?

Yeah , he did a decent job with a low budget but with Palace with more money , you can see the difference . He is not a defensive coach ..

Maybe I've been a bit harsh on him, but the bits I watched of his Nice team didn't exactly blow me away. The impression I got was that he seemed to start off quite conservative and then tried to be a bit more proactive and that's when he came unstuck?

Harry-Winks.jpg

ArcspacE ArcspacE this one

Despicable Me Please GIF
Send nudes and I will

Maybe I've been a bit harsh on him, but the bits I watched of his Nice team didn't exactly blow me away. The impression I got was that he seemed to start off quite conservative and then tried to be a bit more proactive and that's when he came unstuck?
The season with Balotelli was mentally too much for him and but he did with what he had at this moment ..

I think one of the biggest criticisms of Nuno by Wolves supporters was his lack of changes when the game needed it. We are already seeing that in action.
Glad you said that. Watching the game on TV it felt like Spurs were hanging on during the last five minutes of the half and that, having accomplished that, would come out with some adjustment to open up the flow of the game. I'm certainly no expert but if there was any change in approach it was hard to see. I came away from watching with the terrible thought that in 20 minutes Edouard now has two goals and in 360 minutes this season Spurs have three. So much for getting back to the attacking DNA.

Glad you said that. Watching the game on TV it felt like Spurs were hanging on during the last five minutes of the half and that, having accomplished that, would come out with some adjustment to open up the flow of the game. I'm certainly no expert but if there was any change in approach it was hard to see. I came away from watching with the terrible thought that in 20 minutes Edouard now has two goals and in 360 minutes this season Spurs have three. So much for getting back to the attacking DNA.
Spurs were hanging on from about 15 minutes in, let's be serious.

We haven't been outstanding tbh, we were riding our luck before this game, it just brings us to reality that we ain't good enough

Paying 25m for emerson, we having a laugh, we can do better if we can get better wingers and hand someone bigger, we look so weak in defence, dele can't handle kouyate

And the league performances were...? 4th by accident more than anything, wasn't our points record for the last 20 games truly awful?

To be fair it wasn't Pochs fault anyway by then, the players had downed tools and dropped him in it... Which we've never recovered from as a club

Don't tag me again minnow fish.
There's a reason why Liverpool and United and Chelsea and City win heaps and we win nothing.

They all add quality players, and when they fall short... Add some more. Win a CL title.. Sign Lukaku.
Win the league. Get Grealish and chase Kane. Fall just short. Get Allison and Van Dijk. Finish 2nd. Get Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo.

So long as we have 1-2 world class players, and our fans accept them moving on as "they deserve to win things" then we will continue to be a selling club that wins SFA and hovers around mid table.

Selling Kane is utterly moronic thing to advocate. He wants to leave because we aren't good enough for him. Hint hint THFC.. Buy players that make him want to stay, that makes him think he can win trophies here.

But the ultimate hilarity of your melting today is you are talking about strikers, and waffling on about Edouard being cheap yet we lost because we played 3 CDM's and had zero creativity. We have a world class centre forward and had what? 2-3 shots. Supply from midfield was clearly the issue today.
Yes, teach me more of this conventional footballing wisdom. I long to drink from your font of well curated football knowledge garnered from years and years of listening to the same folks say the same things and getting the same results. I imagine you were of the same mind with Dele a few years ago as well...maybe even still. Good thing we kept him too.

We'll see what you're saying come Christmas. I'll remember to check with you.

I think we have to remember that in 4 matches in the league, we have 1 goal from open play (in addition to one penalty and one free kick that was helped due to a massive goalkeeping error). Man City was poor, and Wolves dominated us offensively, but couldn't finish (in 3.5 matches, they have yet to score in the league, by the way). We also lost to Pacos de Ferriera, who are the equivalent of a League One side. I laughed when I saw that Nuno had won the Manager of the Month award for August, because we have been poor, apart from the Man City match, which was a good effort and better result.

Back
Top Bottom