Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice that he turns up to that flea pit but can’t be arsed to come to WHL even in its final year. It seems that he’s scarred by the fact that he was at his best with us but that leaving was the start of his demise.

I havent seen Greavsey, but I still believe that Gazza was the greatest ever English player.

I'd take Waddle over Gazza anyday. He was utterly obscenly good in his last season at Spurs. Worst decision to sell a player ever. In the days before Bosmsn and player power too so we didn't have to. I only saw Hoddle at the tail of his Spurs career but I think most would put him above Gazza too.

All these years I have had a feeling of disappointment in Gazza, in that I never felt he cared about Spurs, we were just a stop on his crazy tour and he disappeared when we needed him most, off for the money.

So reading that comment above had made my early Sunday hours a bit more enjoyable than insomnia and beer usually makes me. I stand corrected Gazza. I’d love to say “Thank you for memories that only “old timers disease” will rob me off!”

I wish I were young again and cared the way I did when he and Lineker were our shining lights. Back when you could answer any opposing fan in the play ground with “so? We have Paul Gascoigne” and every little cunt shut up.

Where is my time machine ? :vdvcry:

He lived for the moment, and gave 100 percent, so would have loved it wherever he played. However, over time he has made lovely comments about spurs - he knows in hindsight we were the perfect club for him and there is a special connection.

Sad to say but I think he's never gonna get over booze it's claws are to deep in him just as it seems he's about to turn a corner he does something like this. You never know though if he serves time for this it might do him some good in the long run, I doubt it though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom