Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
I think he will be back in the next 15 years, but this summer it will be too soon. He should earn more expereince, grab a few titles and learn the game.

We, on the other side, need to do a proper overhaul and instill a DOF. It's not the right time for him to return.

Why would we take him back now?
He left the team at 14th place and the way we played was not 1 gram better than under Mou who was recently sacked.

I would like us to try someone new.
Not manager who could not win a title nor even Carabao cup with team that had prime Jan, Toby, Walker, Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli and Kane in it. People are so eager to create black-and-white narrative of how Levy=universally negative; Poch=universally positive and keep forgetting such facts.

We need a rebuild under new manager, not returning to the old one right now.

Nothing against him coming back in future when he has more experiences. But right now is not the time, and now he is not the right man for the job.
The "Poch left us in 14th" thing, implying he left us in a relegation fight is so disengenuous. We were on 14 points, Sheffield United were 5th with 17.

Just noticed how close the poll is.Thought it would be much bigger for the "yays".
Not everyone has short memories (or longer ones distorted by sentimentality).

People only need to go back over the last 12 months of his tenure and the match threads of the months leading up to his sacking to realise this is not the right move and not the right time for him to come back.

He needed to go and mature and become a more seasoned manager in other club environments.

Come back in 3/4 years.

This is just too soon imvho.

It just feels like a case of "i'm getting the band back together" to me.
Worked out well for the Blues Brothers.

Mission Reaction GIF

I’m voting yes.

I *fully* accept, even agree with, the concerns raised. Poch wasn’t an especially flexible coach and I see no evidence that he has developed a Plan B, let alone a Plan C. It smacks of getting the fans onside before offloading Harry. Recruitment will remain turgid.

But it basically comes down to what you want from the club. I would rather sing for a manager I love than grumble about a dickhead that might offer more success.

That fully prohibits me from whinging at a later stage.

Poch lives in my memory as a manager who took us on a title challenge playing great football, and to a CL final after one of the most dramatic last minute goals ever - great memories but ultimately no trophy. If he comes back now, when nothing essentially has changed, I think this memory will be tarnished. I don’t want him back until we’ve both won something.

I remember when Poch first came in he had so much energy, he was utterly ruthless with the likes of Ade and Kaboul, players who stayed like Dembele had to get themselves ultra fit.

That Poch right now given the state of things would be better than Conte, Ten Hag, Potter whoever, that Poch could fix any broken team. The Poch at the end looked tired, smashed, warn out and he had warned of the state of the club before he left.

We need Levy to properly back this time and we need a reenergised Poch from before not the warn out one.

I love Poch, but as the squad deteriorated (which he takes some of the blame for) then so did our performances, and we are arguably in worse shape now than when he left (because Kane wants to leave). He's not exactly done anything at PSG that makes you think he's gonna tear it up with us again, not with this squad anyway.

If Levy backs him then great, but if we could get Conte, then I think he's a better manager to back with funds.

Back
Top Bottom