Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
My only concern now is that the fanbase is split. Certain people will be sniffing blood the minute he puts a foot wrong.

I hope spurs fans can show their legendary restraint and anti-melt resolve in such times.
:harrysmile:

Last edited:
is fanboy the go to insult for anyone who can see the value in someone or something that you disagree with?

You in general, not necessarily you personally
No

To me Fanbois is a term used for people who support and follow the player or manager and not necessarily the club

Nothing to do with disagreeing or insulting

I don’t get it myself

I support Spurs whoever is in charge or whoever plays for us

I think if Poch comes back, it depends on two things. If he’s coming back and Levy is thinking he will perform some miracle with the shite we got in this team right now then I’d rather not bother. Absolutely pointless. But, I can’t see Levy being this stupid. Surely he can see how bang average the vast majority of our players are. So, my hope is Pochettino is being bought back with reassurances. Reassurance of a rebuild like in his previous tenure. Reassurances of Harry staying for at least 1 more season. If this is it, then I’m happy for Pochettino returning

When Poch first came in he basically gutted the squad like we have never seen before. Big names names isolated and booted, he played others some younger like Mason etc.

He has to do that again. Everyone not running for dear life booted, the likes of Skipp playing and getting us fit and hard. Then Levy needs to fill all the gaps with money from the players sold.

It can work but Poch needs to do what he did when he first came and Levy needs to back him and back him properly not half arsed.

Poch "achievements" at Spurs.

League cup - RUNNERS-UP
Cl - RUNNERS UP
Audi Cup - (winners).

Oh no no no, is this really our next saviour?
You don't get it do you?

Surely you cannot be so blinkered about who we are as a club. If you think the demise of the team under Spurs was down to Pochettino not making substitutions after 60 minutes then you truly have no comprehension about football whatsoever.
Pochettino got a tune out of the club and it's playing staff, that was beyond impressive, given that it was a team of bargains and cast offs from other clubs. When it grew too old to fight effectively he pleaded for newer and better players and got nothing.
We lost out to only one club in that time who cost less than ours and so did everyone else. Even then it was a team financially doped by a family with money they never earned from the game.
We lost 3 finals to clubs that had heavier investment on staff, managers and salaries than ours, and that will continue to happen until levy opens the coffers up to whichever manager he chooses.
You are ripping into the wrong person, and criticising him for failing to win trophies , rather than actually recognising him for what he achieved on a shoestring budget and a squad of players of a lower calibre than the teams we were competing against.

Yet you want conte, who when given the reins of a club with limitless resources, managed to make a bollocks of it and got dumped after 2 years because he failed to achieve CL qualification.

You don't get it do you?

Surely you cannot be so blinkered about who we are as a club. If you think the demise of the team under Spurs was down to Pochettino not making substitutions after 60 minutes then you truly have no comprehension about football whatsoever.
Pochettino got a tune out of the club and it's playing staff, that was beyond impressive, given that it was a team of bargains and cast offs from other clubs. When it grew too old to fight effectively he pleaded for newer and better players and got nothing.
We lost out to only one club in that time who cost less than ours and so did everyone else. Even then it was a team financially doped by a family with money they never earned from the game.
We lost 3 finals to clubs that had heavier investment on staff, managers and salaries than ours, and that will continue to happen until levy opens the coffers up to whichever manager he chooses.
You are ripping into the wrong person, and criticising him for failing to win trophies , rather than actually recognising him for what he achieved on a shoestring budget and a squad of players of a lower calibre than the teams we were competing against.

Yet you want conte, who when given the reins of a club with limitless resources, managed to make a bollocks of it and got dumped after 2 years because he failed to achieve CL qualification.
Gonna be real honest with you here chief, ain't nobody reading all that shit.

Wow, you managed to read something that long. Go you.
Trying to read an average Mick Cooper Mick Cooper post.

source.gif

Well it was your post, so you shoulder the responsibility of putting it out there. You denigrated the work of someone who is a highly sought after manager in world football, and your post patronised what he did for the club I support, and have done so for over 50 years.
That longevity gives me an insight into the capabilities of around 25 managers, and in my opinion, he managed to produce a series of performances that outstrip all of the others. Had he done that prior to the Daddy Warbucks generation of clubs, we would have been league champions much more recently.
I was criticising what you posted, as if it was the work of a 9 year old.
Ok. I guess your red card sort of ended the discussion.

My daughter reckons that if Poch is announced on Tuesday they should organise an open top bus parade for him, because it's the only chance he'll get for one.

Remind me how many trophies Mourinho has won so far, 22 and still counting. Spurs??? Much as you hate him, you cant denigrate his achievements as much as you want to. Zagreb was only one match compared to the 100s and 1000s hes won including important finals. And that's why hes won the biggest prize in football twice in different leagues.

That is the past and has no relevance on what he has done at Spurs.

At Spurs he won zero trophies, had us in our lowest league position in years, embarrassed us twice in Europe, constantly insulted the fans and the club all while playing the worse brand of football the PL has ever seen.

There is a reason why the last two fanbases of clubs Jose managed where happy to see the back of him, he has clearly lost it and while you and other Jose fanbois can pleasure your self thinking of Jose's past glories they are totally irrelevant to what he brings now.

Can we quit this Daniel stuff here and now please.

Fucking Daniel
My friend’s parents called their Labrador Daniel.

Absolutely disgraceful name for a dog. They didn’t even shorten it to Dan. ‘Daniel’.

Killed the name for me.

All sorts of sick cunts out there.

He's won the French equivalent of the Johnson paint trophy and league cup, well done him.

PSG have won 6 of the past 7 titles, Poch has failed to win one of the easiest leagues on earth with billions to spend and Mbappe, Neymar and Di Maria at his disposal along with huge amounts of extra talent.

The guy also bottled the CL on top of that, just like he bottled every single cup Spurs had a shot at.

Poch is a loser full fucking stop mate.

Nope nope nope. Not necessary. He's been gone about 2 years so really no need to out so much effort into slating him.

He achieved more than any manager in our recent history and we should always be grateful for it...levy fucked him.and us over

Back
Top Bottom