Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
I loved Poch to bits and still have a soft spot for him now, but I honestly feel that bringing him back now would be a mistake. It’s too soon after his departure and too many of the same players are around. We need a manager that’s going to lead a proper ruthless rebuild and I just don’t see Poch doing that. I also don’t see him convincing Levy to spend because he did so well on a low budget last time.
if he does come I’ll obviously support him 100%, I just don’t think it’s the right move at the moment. He needs a few more years away.

As usual not sure why you quoted my post to go on your pathetic rant since it has little do with what I posted, our reality.
Only an idiot would come out and say Ryan Mason is a better manager than Jose.
The man said it exactly how it is we have a shit squad but we had more chance of winning the final under him than under Ryan.
We beat City in 2 of the 3 games under Jose so clearly he had a plan and tactics to achieve this but you clearly know more than a man that has won more trophies than our club has in its history

My Amazon parcel arrived on time. I was so chuffed that I took a photo of it and the delivery guy, before he gave it to me.

VBB2j94.png

I'm not sure why this thread needs to be created tbh.
He's not coming back for a good few years (if ever) so why make this thread?
Did someone get bored?
Did someone just discover how to make threads?
🤣

Why would he come back?
Why would we take him back now?
He left the team at 14th place and the way we played was not 1 gram better than under Mou who was recently sacked.

I would like us to try someone new.
Not manager who could not win a title nor even Carabao cup with team that had prime Jan, Toby, Walker, Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli and Kane in it. People are so eager to create black-and-white narrative of how Levy=universally negative; Poch=universally positive and keep forgetting such facts.

We need a rebuild under new manager, not returning to the old one right now.

Nothing against him coming back in future when he has more experiences. But right now is not the time, and now he is not the right man for the job.

What's the point of a rebuild if Poch has his favourites.

The guy could have Messi on the bench and still decide to play Sissoko in attack.

Don't be so stupid, Sissoko was played because there were no other options for CM and the first area of the pitch we improved once the stadium money was getting banked was, you guessed it, central midfield.

We had a paper thin squad (quality wise) for most of his time, that's why he relied on the small group of quality.

There's always an excuse for Poch and his failure but not so when it's Jose or Mason.

Funny that, almost like there's a Poch fan club on here......
I recognise the blokes faults,however i also remember that for much of his time here we were good to watch and we got within an inch of trophies(yes i know,thats an discussion in itself).people aint going to forget that in a hurry.
i am not a fanboy as they are termed on here,but i do understand the optimism & hopes from some.

Back
Top Bottom